Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89796 times)

blueraven

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »
Thanks for the tip; If I run into any walls I will definitely be posting something here about it.  :mrgreen:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

blueraven

« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2008, 12:25:24 PM »
Taking a break from Art of Fighting and currently playing Rastan Saga 2. I don't remember level 3 being this hard on the Genesis...
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

handygrafx

« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
Been playing Military Madness on Wii VC,  because I like sitting back with the wireless Wii Remote and enjoy the crisp component video output of the Wii,       and Neo Nectaris on my Duo.

zektor

« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
I have been playing Cyber Core alot lately. I really don't think I appreciated this game back in the day, and only now have really been getting in to the shooter. I really like it!

kid_rondeau

« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
Yeah man, the final stage music for Cybercore kicks ass.

nectarsis

« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:54 AM »
Going to FINALLY dig into Blazing Lazers today.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

ceti alpha

« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2008, 06:47:17 AM »
Going to FINALLY dig into Blazing Lazers today.

Nice!  :dance: I don't know why I have been procrastinating on buying Blazing Lazers since 1989. lol

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

kid_rondeau

« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
I've been getting back into Military Madness.

I got into this game way later than I should have (September 2005), but when I did, it was like CRACK. I COULD NOT STOP PLAYING IT, and every campaign I won was a rush of orgiastic triumph.

The game consumed my waking thoughts. When I closed my eyes, I saw little white hexagons with tanks in them.

Still, I beat the game a couple of weeks later, and decided to try my hand at the "advanced" maps. Some of them were more challenging, and some were unbelievably easy.

And then, at level 26, "ATTAYA", I hit a f**king wall.

Has anyone here beaten that level? I cannot go for more than a few turns before it starts to get hopeless. I found an online walkthru, but the strategy for this level references using units that I don't have (e.g., Panther) so I don't trust it fully. The author did, to his credit, say that he thought this was the hardest level in the game.

I love this game. I wish it wouldn't torture me so.

ceti alpha

« Reply #278 on: November 12, 2008, 07:14:49 AM »
I've been getting back into Military Madness.

I got into this game way later than I should have (September 2005), but when I did, it was like CRACK. I COULD NOT STOP PLAYING IT, and every campaign I won was a rush of orgiastic triumph.

The game consumed my waking thoughts. When I closed my eyes, I saw little white hexagons with tanks in them.

Still, I beat the game a couple of weeks later, and decided to try my hand at the "advanced" maps. Some of them were more challenging, and some were unbelievably easy.

Has anyone here beaten that level? I cannot go for more than a few turns before it starts to get hopeless. I found an online walkthru, but the strategy for this level references using units that I don't have (e.g., Panther) so I don't trust it fully. The author did, to his credit, say that he thought this was the hardest level in the game.

And yet another game I've been putting off buying for some strange reason.

blueraven

« Reply #279 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
Well, I'm back to playing Exile. My Japanese is getting better by the day!
--

kid_rondeau

« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »

Dude.

I don't know if talking to other Turbo junkies is theraputic or what, but I decided to give level 26 another go tonight. I started at about 8:42PM, and finished at about 10:15PM...BUT I WON!!!!!

God, talk about time-consuming, nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat action!

A nice touch to this game, I've always thought, is how the music changes to a more optimistic piece when your forces are double what the enemies' are.

Friggin' rock and roll, man...I feel awesome right now. That stage has been bugging me for like three years now.

ceti alpha

« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »
Dude.

I don't know if talking to other Turbo junkies is theraputic or what, but I decided to give level 26 another go tonight. I started at about 8:42PM, and finished at about 10:15PM...BUT I WON!!!!!

God, talk about time-consuming, nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat action!

A nice touch to this game, I've always thought, is how the music changes to a more optimistic piece when your forces are double what the enemies' are.

Friggin' rock and roll, man...I feel awesome right now. That stage has been bugging me for like three years now.

HA! Nice man!  :clap:  :dance: You must be walkin' on air.  :mrgreen:

There's nothing like getting over a hump in a game after long torturous hours of  ](*,).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:19:54 PM by ceti alpha »

blueraven

« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »
I beat Exile front to back in 4 hours. Can't wait for Wicked Phenomenon
--

Arjak

« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »
I have been playing Ys Book I & II for a few days with my little sister and we have made it all the way to Solomon Shrine in Ys II. I hate this level. It's such a maze!

Also, I overleveled in Ys I and beat Dark Fact in 3-4 hits. That was awesome. That first boss in Ys II though, that was bull. You die in one hit!? That's ridiculous! Maybe I didn't level up enough, but GOD! Still, I'm almost there now.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

kid_rondeau

« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
I have been playing Ys Book I & II for a few days with my little sister and we have made it all the way to Solomon Shrine in Ys II.

Man, that's awesome. I think it's great when Turbo playing becomes a family affair.

Or, to almost quote Demanicus (from Ys III):
"Brother and sister, [gaming] together....what a nice image!"