Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88613 times)

Obfuscate

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »
Cotton - didn't have this one as a kid so it is new to me and it's alot of fun. Worth the hefty price tag IMO....

kid_rondeau

« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »
Worked on Blazing Lazers again tonight.  Same old story, not much of an issue until I get to level 9.  Once I get a few bosses in and die it's game over.  I'll keep at it though. :cry:

Hey Roy,
At the risk of stating the obvious (and something that maybe everyone already knows):
I used to have a tough time with Blazing Lazers too...here's what eventually got me through.
Although it isn't mentioned in the instruction manual, there's a way to earn several chances to "come back" after you die...ever notice how sometimes, when you die, you can just keep going right there? Whereas, sometimes after dying you have to start back at the last "checkpoint"?
Well, the way to earn more chances is to *always keep shooting* those rotating "4-in-1" weapon balls. If you shoot them long enough, they turn into a flashing rainbow ball that acts like a POW.
For every rainbow ball you collect, you have one more chance to fight without being sent back.

As a result, I NEVER collect those 4-in-1 balls unless it's something I absolutely need. This makes beating the final stages much easier.

Hope this was helpful!

As for me, I've been playing a lot of Space Harrier lately. I finally heard the hero say in his garbled digital voice nonsense, "Welcome to the Fantasy Zone" or whatever he says. I didn't know he was even talking!!

RoyVegas

« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
I did notice that sometimes that happened but I didn't even give it a second thought as to why.  I just took a look in the manual to see what it says and I couldn't find it in there at all.  Not doubting you, I just wanted to see exactly what it said.  Definately some excellent info and now that I know it, I think it should ease things up a TON.  Thanks man!
All is well. :)

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
Ive been playin gates of thunder.  I kick ass streight to dark city stage and then the game drops a bomb on me.  It get pretty hard.  such an awesome game.  also playin liquid kids
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

ceti alpha

« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2010, 01:18:42 AM »
Ive been playin gates of thunder.  I kick ass streight to dark city stage and then the game drops a bomb on me.  It get pretty hard.  such an awesome game.  also playin liquid kids

Fortunately the Dark City gets much easier after a few practice go-throughs. You'll get 'er done! :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »
I've been playing Pop'n Magic.  Freaking love that game!

I WANT.
  |    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
Finished up Blazing Lazers yesterday so I thought I'd move on to another shooter I haven't played yet.  Popped in Super Star Soldier for a bit and it was great but just wasn't in the mood for it as it is exactly like Blazing Lazers....  So I threw in Lords of Thunder.  now I watched oldskool play it before and he damn near beat the game on his first try making it look easy as shit.   Ummmm, not so much....  It kicked my ass.   :lol:
All is well. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
Finished up Blazing Lazers yesterday so I thought I'd move on to another shooter I haven't played yet.  Popped in Super Star Soldier for a bit and it was great but just wasn't in the mood for it as it is exactly like Blazing Lazers....  So I threw in Lords of Thunder.  now I watched oldskool play it before and he damn near beat the game on his first try making it look easy as shit.   Ummmm, not so much....  It kicked my ass.   :lol:

play it on the hardest difficulty from the get go, or YOU ARE NOT A MAN
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #308 on: April 15, 2010, 03:09:45 AM »
I'm really enjoying Y's III right now, great action/RPG.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:17 AM »
I'm really enjoying Y's III right now, great action/RPG.

to fully enjoy Ys, you should remove the apostrophe!  ^_^

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2010, 06:18:17 AM »
playing Kabuki IttouRyoudan.  Its a pretty good fighter for the system.  besides Street fighter 2 and the snk fighters its pretty good. That frikkin monkey pisses me off. Once your about to beat the monkey a frikkin spaceship comes and hits you on the head!  I have to figure which character is best to beat him.  Those damn spaceships get me everytime. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:35:13 AM by turbogrfxfan »

hoobs88

« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2010, 07:07:11 AM »
playing Kabuki IttouRyoudan.  Its a pretty good fighter for the system.  besides Street fighter 2 and the snk fighters its pretty good. That frikkin monkey pisses me off. Once your about to beat the monkey a frikkin spaceship comes and hits you on the head!  I have to figure which character is best to beat him.  Those damn spaceships get me everytime. 

Which controller are you using? A 6 button pad?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2010, 07:09:41 AM »
yeah Im using an ave 6

exile

« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »
I'm working on Download easy game until you die. I'm wondering if there is a translated script out there I'm curious about the story.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »
playing Kabuki IttouRyoudan.  Its a pretty good fighter for the system.  besides Street fighter 2 and the snk fighters its pretty good.

Agreed; this game kicks all sorts of ass.  8)

That frikkin monkey pisses me off.  Once your about to beat the monkey a frikkin spaceship comes and hits you on the head!  I have to figure which character is best to beat him.  Those damn spaceships get me everytime. 

Aren't they carved monkey statues?  Whatever they are, they can be a bitch (as can all the desperation moves).  Keep at it; you'll find the right combo soon enough.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles