Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88291 times)

JapanTokei

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2010, 06:29:28 PM »
Been playing Takahashi Yumeijin / New Advanture Island... the game is difficult!  espcially those damn frogs that seem to jump at you right after you leap across some canyons.. its takes a lot of repetition to get the hand of it... despite the unlimited continues I wish the thing had a save feature! 

ceti alpha

« Reply #466 on: July 01, 2010, 04:04:15 AM »
Been playing Takahashi Yumeijin / New Advanture Island... the game is difficult!  espcially those damn frogs that seem to jump at you right after you leap across some canyons.. its takes a lot of repetition to get the hand of it... despite the unlimited continues I wish the thing had a save feature! 

lol. I love NAI. I was actually reading a Wii review of it yesterday and the author was saying that the save feature was a plus for him.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

San Juan Wolf

« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2010, 04:53:22 AM »
Finished "Final Soldier" yesterday . Fun shooter which didn't get dificult till level 5 for me . Dunno what to try now . Maybe Parodus or (finaly) Magical Chase .

Also played through Niko Niko Pun , but that took all of ten minutes . I would have been pissed had I actualy payed for it .

Then re-played through Hana Taka Daka , got all the pieces and.....didn't even get diferent credits .

Also currently am at the begining of Youkai Douchuuki , but I don't realy know what to buy from the shop as most of it has no use when I try bringing it up .

Finaly about NAI , I got to a spot early on that I can't jump over normaly any ideas ?

(That reminds me I need to replay Wonderboy and finish it)

ceti alpha

« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »
Finaly about NAI , I got to a spot early on that I can't jump over normaly any ideas ?

hmmm...What stage are you on where you're having trouble?  :-k

Mathius

« Reply #469 on: July 12, 2010, 06:09:58 AM »
@ San Juan Wolf- Are you holding the run button down as you jump in NAI?

Been playing a little bit of Star Parodier lately. It's a decent game, but I am coming off the heels of Parodius Da! and Star Parodier pales in comparison IMO.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ceti alpha

« Reply #470 on: July 12, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »

hmmm...What stage are you on where you're having trouble?  :-k

Oh, do you have the turbo switches on the right settings? If the jump button isn't set to the right position you won't be able to jump very high. I betcha that's the problem right there.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2010, 08:39:12 AM »
I've been playing Forgotten Worlds lately.  If it weren't for the slow-ass rotating and shit voices, I'd really like this game.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
I've been playing Forgotten Worlds lately.  If it weren't for the slow-ass rotating and shit voices, I'd really like this game.

I haven't played much of Forgotten Worlds on any platform. Are these issues unique to the PCE or to all ports?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
I haven't played much of Forgotten Worlds on any platform. Are these issues unique to the PCE or to all ports?

If I'm not mistaken, the poor voices were taken directly from the arcade; if the other ports have 'em (likely not), they are surely no better and probably worse.  As for the controls, the arcade had a rotary knob, which simply can't be accurately replicated with a couple of buttons.  I'd guess that the Genny would be a bit less awkward with three 'real' buttons (as would an Avenue Pad 3), but my wireless controllers force me to use the Run button.  :|

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
Thought I should play some Dynastic Hero... its been years since I've kicked that one in the nuts...

Popped about 25 minutes into it yesterday.

Mathius

« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, the poor voices were taken directly from the arcade; if the other ports have 'em (likely not), they are surely no better and probably worse.  As for the controls, the arcade had a rotary knob, which simply can't be accurately replicated with a couple of buttons.  I'd guess that the Genny would be a bit less awkward with three 'real' buttons (as would an Avenue Pad 3), but my wireless controllers force me to use the Run button.  :|

The best way to play Forgotten Worlds IMO is on Capcom Classics Collection on the PS2. Using the two analog sticks ala Robotron works pretty well.

San Juan Wolf

« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »

Been playing a little bit of Star Parodier lately. It's a decent game, but I am coming off the heels of Parodius Da! and Star Parodier pales in comparison IMO.

Not sure about that .

But I do think that I was pressing the run button as would anyone in this situation , unless the "run" button refers to the one starting the game (or any other specific button outside the d-pad) .

Mathius

« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »

Not sure about that .

But I do think that I was pressing the run button as would anyone in this situation , unless the "run" button refers to the one starting the game (or any other specific button outside the d-pad) .

Heh, yeah I mean the button that makes Higgins run. It he's running he will jump much higher.

San Juan Wolf

« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:06 AM »
I tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2010, 02:29:40 AM »
I tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/

You're doing something wrong; you can hold down button II to run and still jump.