Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90372 times)

Mathius

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #480 on: July 13, 2010, 05:38:31 AM »
I tried that but he doesn't jump while I hold it , I have to let go of it first :/

Are you playing it on an emulator? THat could have something to do with it.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

San Juan Wolf

« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2010, 03:02:20 AM »
Well course I am :P

Yame has been prety reliable to me so far . You gotta love it can play four diferent formats , three of which belong to nintendo (NES , SNES , GB) . Couldn't find any working emulator for the SNES that makes external save states (which made playing through Super Bonk 2 a real pain cause , even if the game is marvelously big and overall beautifull , it doesn't run on yame without sprites flickering) . I dunno if it's some setting thing , honestly .

kid_rondeau

« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
I just purchased a few more titles for my US collection; I only have 33 left to acquire...
But one of my recent purchases was World Class Baseball. The game is aesthetically pleasing and seems to have smooth play, but I am getting my a** kicked whenever I try to play! My outfielders are never where I need them to be and run like tortoises, and my bat seems to have a hole in it.

Anyone have any advice on this game? I want to like it, and eventually beat it!

blueraven

« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2010, 06:10:32 AM »
Winning Shots Golf
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Obfuscate

« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2010, 06:47:55 AM »
Re: World Class Baseball, when your fielder puts up his glove you're in the right spot. I still love and play this game after all these years.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »
Thanks Obfuscate! Your tip actually made a big difference in my defense. OK, here's another question though...in the manual, on page 11 under "Playing Defense", it has this technique:
-----------------------------------
Changing the Position of the Fielders
You can change the position of the fielders by
pressing the RUN button and the Direction
Key at the same time (only one position change
per ball is possible). Try some new positions
for better defense.
-----------------------------------
Note: The direction to press is based on the direction you'd like your fielders to go. Up for deep defense, down for forward defense, etc.

So, I can't get this to work. At least, not in any noticeable way. If the batter I'm pitching to has a powerful swing, I'll wanna bring my outfielders deeper, right? So at the mound I'll press Up and RUN together, but nobody moves. Am I doing this right? The manual is kind of lacking in detail.

Anyway, my defense improved to the point where I only lost 1-0. My batting still sucks.
Any advice in this department? Besides the obvious timing issue, how can I hit a ball past the infield?
Finally, if I have a switch hitter, how do I tell him to hit the other side? Or will a switch hitter automatically align himself based on the pitcher?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Obfuscate

« Reply #486 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:31 AM »
Rondeau, I don't move my feidlers around until after they hit, no need to. Also, hitting is mainly timing and swinging at good pitches but don't be jamming on the Direction Pad when you hit, just line up right and push the 1 button. Try using the Ninjas until you get good at it as they have a good hitting team.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #487 on: July 21, 2010, 02:51:31 AM »
Domo arigato, Obfuscate!

airzonk68

« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
not sure of others on the forum, but i tend to play 5 or so games at any one time on my duo (i have the entire us collection of games except for bonk 3 cd)  - i always keep devil's crush and a few shumps that i randomly rotate a few levels of each with for 10-15 minute gaming pleasure (air zonk, soldier blade and super star soldier are current 3 in rotation) and then a game or 2 i try to get to the end of - i am currently "hooked" on hit the ice (can't seem to beat the black team in the finals) and bomberman '93  - so many games - so little time (hehe) - best wishes to all

ceti alpha

« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2010, 02:48:22 AM »
not sure of others on the forum, but i tend to play 5 or so games at any one time on my duo (i have the entire us collection of games except for bonk 3 cd)  - i always keep devil's crush and a few shumps that i randomly rotate a few levels of each with for 10-15 minute gaming pleasure (air zonk, soldier blade and super star soldier are current 3 in rotation) and then a game or 2 i try to get to the end of - i am currently "hooked" on hit the ice (can't seem to beat the black team in the finals) and bomberman '93  - so many games - so little time (hehe) - best wishes to all

Welcome to the forums airzonk! :) Seems like you have a pretty good system going on. heh

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

blueraven

« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2010, 04:34:14 AM »
Escape From LA.

Oh wait. Thats not a Turbo game. I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »
on the boss of stage five in r type!!!  I beat em if its the last thing i do!!
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
Just beat Ys III. Now it's time to jump into Exile!
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2010, 04:34:07 PM »
I been playing Davis Cup Tennis and World Court Tennis too just to compared the two. I wasn't too crazy for Davis Cup:

Obfuscate

« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2010, 02:28:02 AM »
I really liked both Tennis games as a kid, I liked the Quest in World Court and the Tournies in Davis Cup. In Davis Cup you have to speed up the play and play a single screen to make it more enjoyable.

I've been playing Dead Moon, really fun shooter and under-rated in my opinion. Blow up the asteroids in the 2nd stage for mega bonus points and lives, I beat it yesterday with 14 lives left, just need to beat it without losing a life so I can retire it.