Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88464 times)

Jesse813

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #840 on: August 29, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »
busy playing Legendary Axe II :)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #841 on: August 29, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
Beat Splatter House today the final boss was disappointing but Its a good game.

allyourblood

« Reply #842 on: August 30, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
New guy here!

Currently, I'm playing lots of Blazing Lazers. I'm also in the middle of reacquiring games from my dearly departed collection, as well as adding new ones. Even though I used to own Bravoman, I don't think I ever played it more than five minutes. I had completely forgotten about all the wacky text and characters ("I'm Japanese phone box"), so playing that again is fun. Also getting back into Bonk's Revenge, and when I can sit still long enough, I'm also working my way through my third or fourth playthrough of Neutopia (part II waits in the wings!).
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #843 on: August 30, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »

How so?  Too easy?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Dyna138

« Reply #844 on: August 30, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
Blazing Lazers - Made it to the final level AGAIN, but still haven't beaten it...  One of these days... :)

I'm in the same boat right now with Super Star Soldier. I get to the last boss, final form, but so far no dice. I'm getting there though its only a matter of time.  8)

New guy here!

Currently, I'm playing lots of Blazing Lazers. I'm also in the middle of reacquiring games from my dearly departed collection, as well as adding new ones. Even though I used to own Bravoman, I don't think I ever played it more than five minutes. I had completely forgotten about all the wacky text and characters ("I'm Japanese phone box"), so playing that again is fun. Also getting back into Bonk's Revenge, and when I can sit still long enough, I'm also working my way through my third or fourth playthrough of Neutopia (part II waits in the wings!).

Hey welcome! You sound like me 15 years ago. There's something about the Turbo/PC engine that burns in your memory and always pulls you back into playing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:28:21 AM by Dyna138 »

Jesse813

« Reply #845 on: August 30, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
Playing some Bomberman '94 8)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #846 on: August 30, 2011, 11:57:47 AM »

How so?  Too easy?

Yeah I beat him on my first life and I don't consider myself very good at video games. A decent challenge for a final boss makes the game so much more rewarding to beat. Also a head that pops out of the grounds pretty lame. It's no where near as cool as a giant with f*cking chainsaw hands.

thrush

« Reply #847 on: August 30, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Took a break from Van & Company today to enjoy some Bonk's Adventure.  I really like the music in level 2-1!  I've never gotten very far in this game but maybe I'll tackle it seriously after I finish CF2.

New guy here!
Welcome aboard!  Always nice to see a new face.

There's something about the Turbo/PC engine that burns in your memory and always pulls you back into playing.
So, so true....

neoxeno

« Reply #848 on: August 30, 2011, 03:35:46 PM »
I'm playing Darkwing Duck right now, that game is bad but not as bad as Talespin. I hate Talespin, it makes me mad!!!!  :evil:
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

andrew23

« Reply #849 on: August 30, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
I'm playing Aero Blasters now. What a great shmup!  :D Can't wait to get my hand on more tgfx. It isn't called the Entertainment SuperSystem for nothing..
Also playing Ninja Spirit.
Why do I need to sign here? ;P

allyourblood

« Reply #850 on: August 30, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Thanks very much for the welcome, folks!

Yeah, Ninja Spirit is the jam. I'll play that one about once or twice a year. It's an excellent arcade conversion.

Just got done playing even more Blazing Lazers. Can't get enough of this game. The first half is deceptively easy; almost lulls me into a false sense of confidence before the latter half ramps up the difficulty. In spite of this, I still think the game has a very smooth increase in difficulty and the early levels make the game welcoming for new shooter fans, or those of us who generally stink at them (like me!).

Where is fancy bred?

thrush

« Reply #851 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:58 AM »
I played R-Type for a while today.  I, too, have never been good at shooters but I do enjoy them.

allyourblood

« Reply #852 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
I played R-Type for a while today.  I, too, have never been good at shooters but I do enjoy them.

Yeah, they're likely my favorite genre, but I'm pretty awful at almost all of them. I can hold my own at Ikaruga pretty well, which I'm quite proud of, and I'm decent at the Thunderforce series, but that's about it. Doesn't stop me from liking them though. I think mostly, I'm just not willing to put in the time to get great at any one game. I get too excited to play something else. Blazing Lazers is really coming along nicely though. Hope to complete it soon.

Also, just got Chew Man Fu in the mail today. I never owned this one back in the day, and it's mostly awesome. Fun little puzzle game concept that I haven't really seen anywhere else. Gonna see if my wife will play this with me later tonight.

Where is fancy bred?

allyourblood

« Reply #853 on: September 01, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
I got Doraemon Meikyu (Cratermaze), and Peach Boy Katsugeki today. My original copy of Cratermaze has yet to be replaced, so I bought this one for fun while I wait for a reasonably-priced copy. It's just as fun as the US version and I like to see the different characters.

Now, as far I can tell from playing for about an hour, Peach Boy Katsugeki is pretty rad. In terms of gameplay, it's somewhat similar to Zelda II on the NES. However, I didn't realize just how much Japanese text there would be, and it's hindering my progress a little. Eventually, I'll be able to figure most things out from trial and error, like how pausing the game and choosing the second option grants me various amounts of additional HP (but why?). But I can't figure out at all what people are telling me in the town, so I sadly must pass them by and only use the "stores".

I do love that you can upgrade your weapon and the graphics are really nice -- super colorful like always, and the "demons" look hilarious. I also like that you can land on just about anyone's head and ride around on them, like in Doki Doki Panic/SMB 2. The jumping could be a little better, but you get used to it fairly quickly.

If any of you have this game and could translate or fill me in a little better, I'd be really grateful. I'm still gonna keep at it and figure out as much as I can. It's a really cool game and doesn't cost much at all.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:54:32 AM by allyourblood »

Where is fancy bred?

LedRush

« Reply #854 on: September 01, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
I have been playing R-Type.  Man that game is hard, and I am horrible at shooters.  Still looks good, though.