Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88300 times)

Dyna138

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #855 on: September 02, 2011, 03:43:26 AM »
Now, as far I can tell from playing for about an hour, Peach Boy Katsugeki is pretty rad. In terms of gameplay, it's somewhat similar to Zelda II on the NES.

I've never played the game before, but this part has got me interested. Like Zelda II? I must investigate...

allyourblood

« Reply #856 on: September 02, 2011, 04:28:40 AM »
I've never played the game before, but this part has got me interested. Like Zelda II? I must investigate...

Don't take that to mean they're very close, at all. There's no free-roaming overhead map and thus, none of Zelda II's semi-random overhead battle encounters, no magic (at least, that I can see so far!)... it's just the first game comparison I thought of, since both feature a sword (that shoots) and side-scrolling platforming. You can also increase your HP, upgrade your sword (oops, I guess I mentioned both of those already), and shop and talk to townsfolk. The overall vibe, thus far, just kinda reminds me of Zelda II. But on its own, it's still a really fun game so far.

I guess it's actually closer to a Wonder Boy game. It's cheap -- pick it up when you can.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Dyna138

« Reply #857 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »
Don't take that to mean they're very close, at all. There's no free-roaming overhead map and thus, none of Zelda II's semi-random overhead battle encounters, no magic (at least, that I can see so far!)... it's just the first game comparison I thought of, since both feature a sword (that shoots) and side-scrolling platforming. You can also increase your HP, upgrade your sword (oops, I guess I mentioned both of those already), and shop and talk to townsfolk. The overall vibe, thus far, just kinda reminds me of Zelda II. But on its own, it's still a really fun game so far.

I guess it's actually closer to a Wonder Boy game. It's cheap -- pick it up when you can.

I'm a big Wonder Boy fan and of action/adventure/platforming/rpg hybrids in general so it sounds like my kind of game. Zelda II is a very unique and IMO very underrated, there aren't many games quite like it.

Back to Katsugeki though I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere. It must be really obscure or I'm looking it up wrong.

allyourblood

« Reply #858 on: September 02, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »

I'm a big Wonder Boy fan and of action/adventure/platforming/rpg hybrids in general so it sounds like my kind of game. Zelda II is a very unique and IMO very underrated, there aren't many games quite like it.

Back to Katsugeki though I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere. It must be really obscure or I'm looking it up wrong.

Here's some gameplay footage:

And here's a decent review/write-up: http://gamingafter40.blogspot.com/2010/07/of-import-momotarou-katsugeki.html

Where is fancy bred?

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #859 on: September 03, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »
allyourblood - welcome to the forum! Dont give up on Blazing Lazers and make sure you post your score once you beat it in the High Scores thread!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

allyourblood

« Reply #860 on: September 03, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »
allyourblood - welcome to the forum! Dont give up on Blazing Lazers and make sure you post your score once you beat it in the High Scores thread!

Thanks! Yeah, made it all the way to Area 7 on my first life yesterday and then promptly dumped every single one on Area 8. But it shouldn't be long. I'll be sure to post my score when I complete it. Awesome, awesome shooter. I adore the music, too!

Where is fancy bred?

djolof

« Reply #861 on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »
Hi all, new to the forum. Long-time owner (Christmas of 1990) and am happy to stumble upon this! Currently playing Neo-Nectaris.... many wasted hours to go, I'm sure.

thesteve

« Reply #862 on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
it ends with level 9

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #863 on: September 03, 2011, 03:42:24 PM »
it ends with level 9
Unless level 9 ends YOU!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

thrush

« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
Just reached the final area in Cosmic Fantasy 2.  I am so hyped!

Mishran

« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »
Just reached the final area in Cosmic Fantasy 2.  I am so hyped!

Heh, same here. I'm leveling up to prepare to take on the end boss... Should have him pwned tomorrow.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
Played some Star Parodier and Alzadick tonight!

thesteve

« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
in CF2 the final guy beats you the first several times you find him.
its not endgame till Laura gives you something.

Im playing ZENKI  <-its not a fighting game

Mishran

« Reply #868 on: September 04, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »
CF2 complete! Gonna give my Duo a break and play some Riot Zone tomorrow.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #869 on: September 04, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
Started playing Vasteel again.
--DragonmasterDan