Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88444 times)

Mishran

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #930 on: September 21, 2011, 04:33:46 AM »
Bomberman is definitely a blast. I've slowly worked my way through it several times. Never gets old. Bomberman '94 is good too. Haven't played '93 yet, damn eBay gougers.

geise

« Reply #931 on: September 21, 2011, 05:20:37 AM »
There's always the dirt cheap pc-engine version.  :D  And with that one you also get a nice hu card case  8)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #932 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
Just Played through Bloody wolf after seeing someone else post about it, it's a fun game. Run'n'Gun wasn't repersented well on the Turbo

SMF

« Reply #933 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
Just got done playing some Madden on the Duo, Its the Madden I remember playing as a kid. So sloppy its fun feels like your sliding on the turf when you turn PRICELESS.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Mishran

« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2011, 01:26:18 AM »
Forgotten Worlds. That stupid centipede/worm boss keeps killing me. "Shoot the neck," the shopkeeper tells me. Easier said than done. :-({|=

farankoshan

« Reply #935 on: September 23, 2011, 02:15:42 AM »
Killing the Wyvern in Rondo never gets old. :)
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

geise

« Reply #936 on: September 23, 2011, 06:05:31 AM »
Killing the Wyvern in Rondo never gets old. :)
It sure doesn't.  I decided to sit down with some Cybercore today.

roflmao

« Reply #937 on: September 23, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
Gradius II arrived in the mail today (thanks bartre!) so I've been playing that some. 

For an SCD, it doesn't seem very optimized.  So much slowdown on the ice level.  Spriggan is just a normal CD game and I think it has screens with just as much stuff going on, yet it doesn't seem to slow down as much as this.  I wonder why... 

Still, it's a fun game so far!  Plenty challenging.  As soon as I die, it pretty much means I lose all my remaining lives nearly instantly.  I guess the trick is to shoot everything and avoid getting hit. :P

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
Gradius II arrived in the mail today (thanks bartre!) so I've been playing that some. 
I guess the trick is to shoot everything and avoid getting hit. :P

No the trick is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, II, I              :D

roflmao

« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2011, 08:21:13 AM »
No the trick is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, II, I              :D

Lol!  I haven't tried that yet!  Will give it a shot later today.  For some reason I thought that would only work on the NES so didn't even think of it.

allyourblood

« Reply #940 on: September 23, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
'Bout to put my fist through a wall trying to get my Duo to read discs, but in the meantime, I'm playing Neutopia again. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game. Love it every time!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

allyourblood

« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
Finished Neutopia today. I love this game, no matter how many times I play it. I guess I'll start Neutopia II soon, but I should really try to beat that last level of Blazing Lazers first.

Where is fancy bred?

Dyna138

« Reply #942 on: September 25, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
Played some Riot Zone and a little Bonk's Revenge. Riot Zone could have been so much more, its a shame there aren't too many stand-out brawlers on the Turbo.

roflmao

« Reply #943 on: September 25, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »
Played through Bonk's Adventure today.  It's one of the few games I know by heart.  I always spend way too much time early in the game juggling the enemies for extra lives.  When I finished it this evening I had 16 extra Bonks!  This game just never gets old.

allyourblood

« Reply #944 on: September 25, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
Played through Bonk's Adventure today.  It's one of the few games I know by heart.  I always spend way too much time early in the game juggling the enemies for extra lives.  When I finished it this evening I had 16 extra Bonks!  This game just never gets old.

I find if I race through the game without building up some 1ups toward the beginning, I end up not having enough during the last couple segments. When I take the time, I end up whipping the boss rush and final boss with tons of lives to spare. Funny how that works. That last boss fight is total bull, though. Hate that guy.

Where is fancy bred?