Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90132 times)

farankoshan

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #945 on: September 26, 2011, 06:11:39 AM »
Tried playing SimEarth on PC-Engine...

Failed. I thought I'd manage through on icons and sparce english words. Fail.
It's unplayable if you can't read or understand Japanese.

Oh well!!
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

JapanTokei

« Reply #946 on: September 26, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »
I got in a bit of River City Random (Downtown Nekketsu) for last-time savoring before it goes to Hoobs via trade.  Good game, good game.  I hope I don't end up regretting it too much. 

hoobs88

« Reply #947 on: September 26, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
I don't need to know Japanese to play, right?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #948 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »
I got in a bit of River City Random (Downtown Nekketsu) for last-time savoring before it goes to Hoobs via trade.  Good game, good game.  I hope I don't end up regretting it too much. 

You will regret this to the end of your life. 

Got in a bit of photograph boy on XmednefenPCE last night.  I really need to seek this out.  So fun!!

JapanTokei

« Reply #949 on: September 26, 2011, 07:55:53 AM »
TurboStar - don't make me cry!!  I have to goto bed!  Hoobs made a pretty fair trade imo so I'll honor it ...

Photograph boy - I have the actual huey ... the game is tough!!  I'm not quick enough with my reflexes to snap the pics.. good game.. can be found for ~$75 if you are patient !

HOOBs - you can play RCR w/o Japanese knowledge.  though some of the stores/dialogues you'll be missing out the speech/details.  IT's classic RCR to the core.  beatup, collect coins, kick bosses' azz, etc.

You will regret this to the end of your life. 

Got in a bit of photograph boy on XmednefenPCE last night.  I really need to seek this out.  So fun!!

Dyna138

« Reply #950 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
Played Cyber-Core for a few tonight, got to stage 7 and it seems kind of on the easy side. Cyber-Core is a lot like Dragon Spirit with insects and I find it more enjoyable for some reason.

roflmao

« Reply #951 on: September 26, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
I played Blazing Lazers today for about an hour and made it to the level 1 boss in the boss run (it's kinda funny that they don't do them in order) and shortly thereafter met my demise.  Oh well.  I was playing pretty crummy throughout the game and hadn't raked up many of the flashing balls and didn't feel like continuing from the start of the level....  One of these days...

MotherGunner

« Reply #952 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:54 PM »
I played Blazing Lazers today for about an hour and made it to the level 1 boss in the boss run (it's kinda funny that they don't do them in order) and shortly thereafter met my demise.  Oh well.  I was playing pretty crummy throughout the game and hadn't raked up many of the flashing balls and didn't feel like continuing from the start of the level....  One of these days...

First time I ever played that game through all the way, I made it on one life and on a Turbo Express.  It was freak luck pure and simple.  I feel you there.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #953 on: September 26, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »

We've both been trying to play through this game for awhile I feel your pain . :(

thesteve

« Reply #954 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »
its all about memorization and drawing fire where you want it

roflmao

« Reply #955 on: September 26, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
I think one of the reasons Blazing Lazers is so awesome is because it lures you in.  Powerups are plentiful, you can plow right through most of the game without much difficulty.  Then those last couple of levels really turn up the intensity and all of a sudden its really challenging.  But you always feel like you're so close.  I know I'll beat it again one of these days. :)

thrush

« Reply #956 on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »
Bonk's Adventure.  Slowly getting further & further....

allyourblood

« Reply #957 on: September 27, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Bonk's Adventure.  Slowly getting further & further....

Get ready to be irritated at that last stage. I wish the bosses in Bonk's Adventure weren't so "cheap". A challenge is one thing, but a lot of hits seem unavoidable. I still like it, which says how good it is.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

KingDrool

« Reply #958 on: September 28, 2011, 05:34:44 AM »
I started Dragon Slayer for the first time last night. I'm really impressed so far and like it quite a bit. The game itself has a bit of an (albeit shiny) 8-bit look to it, but there's something about that style that I really dig. The voice acting is pretty bad, but I guess it gets the point across. I can't believe I've never booted the game up before. A really nice hidden gem.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #959 on: September 28, 2011, 05:49:25 AM »
The voice acting is pretty bad, but I guess it gets the point across. I can't believe I've never booted the game up before. A really nice hidden gem.

The voice acting is so hilarious I've recorded clips of it to where people couldn't believe this came from a commercially released game. It's terrible.

I'm not sure how hidden it is, among people who follow the Turbo it's pretty well known being only one of two US released traditional style J-RPGs.
--DragonmasterDan