Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90210 times)

munchiaz

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #975 on: October 02, 2011, 07:52:07 AM »
^ just beat cadash a few nights ago with the ninja. Now i wanna try with the mage.

allyourblood

« Reply #976 on: October 02, 2011, 07:55:20 AM »
^ just beat cadash a few nights ago with the ninja. Now i wanna try with the mage.

I haven't played it much, but I kinda suck at it. Certain enemies seem to be able to hit me no matter what. I'll get into it more in the next few days.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

munchiaz

« Reply #977 on: October 02, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
^ yeah once you get a certain level the game gets pretty easy. i got to max level with the ninja for fun, and the game became a cake walk.

farankoshan

« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
I am so hungover i feel like i am about to collapse and I am going to fire up the Turbo and play Neutopia for the first time! Can't wait...

oh goodness this game is good. i really like it. just got the 1st medallion.

LIKE!
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

thesteve

« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:26 PM »
beat neutopia2 years ago.
never played 1

allyourblood

« Reply #980 on: October 06, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »
Got a short stack of games in today, so I played each of them a little: Tiger Road, Impossamole, Dead Moon, and Final Soldier.

Final Soldier is great! Man, I can't get enough of this one. I only made it to Stage 4 on my first credit, and then I started getting sloppy, but I'll get farther after a bit of practice. Great power-ups, good music, lots of action -- definitely going to become one of my favorite shooters. I know this game is related to Blazing Lazers (GunHed) somehow, and it makes perfect sense -- the graphics, music and control all feel really similar, in a good way.

Impossamole is exactly what I was expecting: a somewhat below-average platformer. All the complaints I've read seem accurate; crummy hit detection, awkward "bouncing" after getting hit, and less-than-stellar controls. Right off the bat, I don't like the rocks that fall from the ceiling; it seems that if the game gave you just a few more pixels worth of space before they shake loose and fall, you could actually use some strategy and skill in dodging them. As it stands, it seems like by the time you get close enough for one to fall, you're already too close and it's gonna hit you.

Tiger Road seems interesting. I seem to get hit by some enemies with no way around it. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to dodge effectively yet. I like the graphics though.

Dead Moon seems okay. I think I expected it to be better. Some of the power-ups feel kind of samey, and all the sprites are huge, so there's not a lot of room to maneuver. Enemies are kinda boring-looking, and the sounds are weak. Still, I did have fun playing through the first 3 levels before I switched it off to try another game. I looked in the manual, and it says there's only six stages. Unless the last few get really tough, I don't envision this game posing much of a challenge. I've definitely played worse shooters, but this one's not bowling me over.

Gonna get back to Final Soldier now.

Where is fancy bred?

nodtveidt

« Reply #981 on: October 06, 2011, 11:14:05 AM »
The first three stages of Dead Moon are pretty easy. Stage 4 is where things start to get really interesting. The difficulty ramps up quite a bit there too, and doesn't go back down. The final bosses are pretty cool. :D The difficulty ramping isn't akin to Violent Soldier, but there is a noticeable difficulty increase in Stage 4.

I just finished Turrican again (with 28 lives and 7 credits to spare... if you can't finish this game with at *least* these values, you're a scrub), and played through The Addams Family one more time. Magic Engine still crashes during its ending... something I reported 5 years ago. Grr.

allyourblood

« Reply #982 on: October 06, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »
The first three stages of Dead Moon are pretty easy. Stage 4 is where things start to get really interesting. The difficulty ramps up quite a bit there too, and doesn't go back down. The final bosses are pretty cool. :D The difficulty ramping isn't akin to Violent Soldier, but there is a noticeable difficulty increase in Stage 4.

Ha, that's almost exactly where I stopped. Guess they were just taking it easy on me, thus far.

I just finished Turrican again (with 28 lives and 7 credits to spare... if you can't finish this game with at *least* these values, you're a scrub), and played through The Addams Family one more time. Magic Engine still crashes during its ending... something I reported 5 years ago. Grr.

Impressive. Tell me you recorded this playthrough. I think the rest of us need to see what we're doing wrong!  :lol:

Where is fancy bred?

nodtveidt

« Reply #983 on: October 06, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »
Didn't record it (I will do a recording of it someday with mednafen if I can get the quick codec to convert properly... the raw and png codecs slow the thing down too much) but I did take a couple of screenshots at the end.

EDIT: I could try to record it with my cellphone... that might work.

hashiriya1

« Reply #984 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »
Super Ghouls n Ghosts....you know, for Halloween.

MotherGunner

« Reply #985 on: October 06, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »
Currently playing the BF3 Beta on PC.

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

nodtveidt

« Reply #986 on: October 06, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »
Just played through PCE Neutopia.

thrush

« Reply #987 on: October 06, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
Aeroblaster.  ^_^  Fun, but man, I'm not very good at shooties...!  >_(\

csgx1

« Reply #988 on: October 06, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
Just beat Thunder Blade.  The poor controls make the game a lot more challenging. 

allyourblood

« Reply #989 on: October 07, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »
Got Super Star Soldier and Psychosis in the mail today, so I previewed those for about an hour. Both great games! SSS is waayyy fast, compared to Blazing Lazers and Final Soldier. Enemies and bullets are just littering the screen. I already really like this game, but it's gonna be a while before I can remember where everything is.

Psychosis is great too, but in a totally different way. I like the graphics and music for sure. I don't much care for the sound effects, and the ship seems to move at a snail's pace! I'm not sure if there's a speed boost or power-up, but if there is, I haven't found it yet. Even so, I still really like the game, and the enemies are very interesting -- some are downright cool. The little "options" power-up is excellent, and I love how you can maneuver the two drones around your ship to block projectiles and enemies from different directions. Gets tough fast, especially with how slow your ship moves, but I'm into it for sure.

I officially have too many games to play now. Life is hard.  :P

Where is fancy bred?