Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89814 times)

allyourblood

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1005 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:02 AM »
Air Zonk!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

farankoshan

« Reply #1006 on: October 12, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »
Kunio Daiundokai (SCD)... ;)
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

allyourblood

« Reply #1007 on: October 12, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
Air Zonk again. Man, this game pisses me off sometimes (okay, most of the time). I'm playing on Spicy mode, and I keep getting to the boss rush in the 5th stage and then losing all of my lives. The football boss (that tears in half) and the flower boss need to die. The flower especially chews through a bunch of my lives.

I really like this game but sometimes there are just too many things going on onscreen for me to keep up with. And yes, I'm well aware that Air Zonk is one of the easier shooters on the TG16. I suck, sue me. Having to start over at the beginning of stage 5 every time I get my bell rung during the boss recap makes me end up turning the game off after a couple tries. It's especially frustrating as I can get all the way to that part without using a single continue, and then I just get whomped on.

Got the next couple days off from work so I'm gonna try to put a few hours into Cadash or (gasp!) Shining Force II.

Where is fancy bred?

nodtveidt

« Reply #1008 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:15 PM »
allyourblood, here's some pointers for those two bosses in Stage 5:

For the football boss... when the first form is going down, do a charge to drop a bomb. That way, when that punk comes up, you got damage already going. And a weapon normally comes out when the first form drops (usually boomerangs, which are quite useful for fighting the second form), so make sure to get it if you've got nothing. As for the rest of it... well, it's just timing mostly. Use your charge shot a lot, and make sure you time your movements carefully.

As for the flower boss, I think the first form is harder, since the second form is amazingly easy. For the first form, the circle shots that come out in a pattern are predictable, as they always come out after a few seconds. The snake-like thing that comes out of it is more of a worry, but all you need to do is move out of its way without getting hit by the other shots. It takes a little practice. Use the charge shot like crazy for the first form. For the second form, just stay on the opposite side of the screen... when you're on the left, use your charge shots, and when you're on the right, use charge bombs and rely on the backfire to take out the flowers it shoots at you.

Also, for any boss in the game, make use of the temporary invincibility when you come back from dying to inflict major damage on the boss with your body. Just move in for a second or so to get in a huge hit of damage, then back off. It works great.

Oh yeah... I just played through Bomberman, and three rounds of Populous (maps 1, 5, and 9). Good times. :D

KingDrool

« Reply #1009 on: October 14, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Just finished Chapter 1 of Dragon Slayer. Took about 1:45. Fun game, but man there's a lot of grinding to be done. I basically just sat with my thumb on the I button for an hour as my characters leveled up and gained cash. When they were all at levels 9-10, I proceeded to destroy the bosses in under thirty seconds.

I like the story; though it's rather basic and the voice acting is hilarious. Nevertheless, I find myself wanting to trudge through it just to see what happens.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

tggodfrey

« Reply #1010 on: October 14, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »
Just finished Somer Assault earlier this week - Working on Bomberman now.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

TheOldMan

« Reply #1011 on: October 14, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
I just finished that the other day, after hearing everyone talking about it.

Level 65, 37:05:55. Last boss was a mild challenge.
Just so you know what you have to shoot for.

(And, for those interested, I spent a lot of the leveling trying to find different towns. Wandered around for almost 4 hours trying to find Port Nors :)

roflmao

« Reply #1012 on: October 14, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »
I played through a good chunk of Spriggan on Normal difficulty earlier.  Made it to the final boss (the purple-green guy) but he bested me.  I will be back!

I've previously beaten it on easy and was actually a little surprised at how far I made it on normal.  It's definitely within reach.  I'll give it another go soon.

blueraven

« Reply #1013 on: October 14, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
Hot Shots Golf!!!
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

allyourblood

« Reply #1014 on: October 14, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
allyourblood, here's some pointers for those two bosses in Stage 5:

Thanks, Rover! Yeah, I've been trying a few of those, but I'm beginning to think my problem is carelessness. I need to focus and stop guessing at where to move. I played again today and used up my last two lives on that flower guy again. I started the boss recap with 5 lives in reserve and lost 3 of them on the first boss alone -- I got there with just my standard weapon and he took a long time, so by the time I got to the flower guy I was already feeling frustrated.

I'll keep trying; eventually I'll get it down.

Where is fancy bred?

Sadler

« Reply #1015 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »
I've been going through some games that I've read aren't awesome:

- Andre Kickboxing is alright at best. If you want a fighting game there are way better games available
- Ballistix is awful. I can't aim my guy for shit and even if I could I have just about no control over the "puck"
- Unsurprisingly, Cybercore is a decent shooter but there are way better shooters on the system

nat

« Reply #1016 on: October 14, 2011, 05:24:29 PM »

- Unsurprisingly, Cybercore is a decent shooter but there are way better shooters on the system

CyberCore has an amazing soundtrack, and it's good fun to boot. It's not an amazing shooter all-around, but you could sure do a lot worse.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #1017 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:35 AM »
I beat Lords of Thunder on Sunday morning.
--DragonmasterDan

hoobs88

« Reply #1018 on: October 17, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »
I beat Lords of Thunder on Sunday morning.

In which mode?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1019 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »
Played lots of Circus Lido over the weekend, yet still can't make it past level seven.  :oops:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles