Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89860 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1020 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
--DragonmasterDan

nat

« Reply #1021 on: October 17, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
Played lots of Circus Lido over the weekend, yet still can't make it past level seven.  :oops:

Bad news: it doesn't really get any easier.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1022 on: October 18, 2011, 04:17:24 AM »
Bad news: it doesn't really get any easier.

I guess that explains why there are 'only' forty levels, eh?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Official Ninja

« Reply #1023 on: October 18, 2011, 04:23:29 AM »
I've been playing Hellfire-S :)

Mishran

« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:01 AM »
Been playing some Gomola Speed. It's different for sure, but not in a bad way. It's actually rather fun. Also played some Rastan Saga 2. The game isn't as bad as some people claim, IMHO, but it definitely could have been better. Sometimes it seems impossible to prevent being hit by some enemies as well as the traps like the flame throwers.

bartre

« Reply #1025 on: October 20, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
right now, playing Ys books I&II on the turbob, and finishing up no more heroes on ps3
that freakin platinum is a pain

allyourblood

« Reply #1026 on: October 20, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »
I got Legendary Axe II in today, so I played a few levels of that. It's really fun! I was surprised at just how well it controls, and so far, the enemies and bosses are pretty interesting. It's a little on the easy side so far, but I prefer that in platformers to TV-smashing-difficult. The sound effects are also really good, and the explosions that occur with every kill are very satisfying. Don't know why I waited so long to pick this one up.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

nat

« Reply #1027 on: October 20, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
I got Legendary Axe II in today, so I played a few levels of that. It's really fun! I was surprised at just how well it controls, and so far, the enemies and bosses are pretty interesting. It's a little on the easy side so far

Obviously you haven't made it very far in the game yet.

allyourblood

« Reply #1028 on: October 20, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »
I got Legendary Axe II in today, so I played a few levels of that. It's really fun! I was surprised at just how well it controls, and so far, the enemies and bosses are pretty interesting. It's a little on the easy side so far

Obviously you haven't made it very far in the game yet.

Nope. Just the first 4 levels, in fact. I'm guessing by your reply that this game becomes maddening in short order? Guess I'll steel myself for it.

Where is fancy bred?

BigT

« Reply #1029 on: October 20, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »
I got Legendary Axe II in today, so I played a few levels of that. It's really fun! I was surprised at just how well it controls, and so far, the enemies and bosses are pretty interesting. It's a little on the easy side so far, but I prefer that in platformers to TV-smashing-difficult. The sound effects are also really good, and the explosions that occur with every kill are very satisfying. Don't know why I waited so long to pick this one up.

I remember picking up Legendary Axe II way back in the early 90s and was very pleasantly surprised with it.
The level designs are pretty varied and interesting.  The bosses are great... however, the difficulty get pretty high on the last level... I got to the final boss a few times, but never beat it... one day I've got to fire it up again, but I doubt that I have the time or patience to beat it without savestates.

Mishran

« Reply #1030 on: October 20, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »
Playing my two newest game additions. Psychosis and Chase HQ. Psychosis... interesting shooter. Not one of the better ones, but has its charm. Finished the first world, got my fanny handed to me on the second. As for Chase HQ? I'm not sure what to think. Its got a cool element, but is definitely lacking in the execution. Haven't played the game on any other console, so perhaps its how the game is designed. Plan on giving it another go regardless.

allyourblood

« Reply #1031 on: October 20, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
Psychosis is pretty cool. Not as visually-arresting as BL, or SSS, but very unique and fun in its own right. Love the music and the satellites/options/whatevers. I also like that it has sort of a... creepy vibe. I'd love to see more mind-warping, or even outright horror-themed shooters.

Where is fancy bred?

Damon Plus

« Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2011, 03:29:24 AM »
Playing Alien Crush. I find it a lot more addicting playing it in the original system (and not an emulator like I've done until now). But it's VERY SLOW to get high scores. I played for 3 hours and only got 40 million points (of a total of 999!) Is there any fast way to rack up the score?

Sadler

« Reply #1033 on: October 21, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
Got Camp California the other day and just gave it a quick whirl. My thoughts? "Bogus!" Just kidding, the game actually controls pretty well, I just suck. Stupid question, how do I get that first tire? I punch the rat with it and it bounced away. Is that all I had to do? I couldn't advance farther right after that, but I could go back left. I didn't see the tire though?

bartre

« Reply #1034 on: October 21, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I got a copies of pac land and override today, tried them out, excellent games
but i can't figure out the little spring board thing in pac land...