Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90338 times)

machomadness

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1050 on: October 27, 2011, 07:58:26 PM »
I'm playing Bonk's Adventure, Alien Crush, and New Adventure Island on my PSP and Lords of Thunder, R-Type Complete CD, and Fantasy Star Soldier on my Duo.

Robknoxious1

« Reply #1051 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »
I just finished playing through Dracula X for the first time in many, many years. I've kinda been playing Lords of Thunder but mainly just messin' around with it to hear the soundtrack more so than making a serious run at completing it. Also I've been playing Blazing Lasers.

I'm trying to decide if I want to play the first Dungeon Explorer or just skip to DE2 which I prefer. Decisions, decisions  :-k

Robknoxious1

« Reply #1052 on: October 28, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »
I'm playing Bonk's Adventure, Alien Crush, and New Adventure Island on my PSP and Lords of Thunder, R-Type Complete CD, and Fantasy Star Soldier on my Duo.

Looks like you got a full plate there. All great games (well honestly I can't recall Fantasy Star). Lords of Thunder is a great shooter and has that epic metal sound track. Good choices.

munchiaz

« Reply #1053 on: October 28, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »
^ i should be pciking up a copy of Lords tomorrow from a local shop. to bad its just the disc. But It's one of the turbo duo games ive wanted to play since i picked up my pc duo-r about a month ago. So i'm looking forward to it

hoobs88

« Reply #1054 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:49 AM »
^ i should be pciking up a copy of Lords tomorrow from a local shop. to bad its just the disc. But It's one of the turbo duo games ive wanted to play since i picked up my pc duo-r about a month ago. So i'm looking forward to it

If you ever decide to pick up a complete copy of the game, hang on to the loose disc for your stereo to listen to the soundtrack.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JapanTokei

« Reply #1055 on: October 29, 2011, 04:02:08 AM »
Hoobs are you playing Downtown Nekketsu? 

machomadness

« Reply #1056 on: October 29, 2011, 06:46:58 AM »

Looks like you got a full plate there. All great games (well honestly I can't recall Fantasy Star). Lords of Thunder is a great shooter and has that epic metal sound track. Good choices.

I know, but what disappoints me the most is that in Japan, they have almost 100 games released on the PSP, but here in America, we only have a handful.....

roflmao

« Reply #1057 on: October 29, 2011, 08:31:07 AM »
For the past couple of days I've been trying to get through Final Soldier with using any continues, and I can consistently make it to the 5th level boss but then he squashes me like a bug.  I beat the game a couple of months ago, so now I'm just trying to do it without continuing.

nat

« Reply #1058 on: October 29, 2011, 11:49:29 AM »
Try Final Soldier on Hard mode for a real challenge. :)

roflmao

« Reply #1059 on: October 29, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
I can only imagine.  I'm not terribly skilled at shmups, but it doesn't stop me from playing them! 

Btw, I just realized Star Parodier has an Easy mode today.  I was breezing through it this afternoon and had made it to Level 6 without losing a life when my son woke up from his nap and I turned it off.  I've made it to the final boss a few times recently on Normal mode so was hoping to finally beat the game.  Maybe later tonight.  I'm so close to beating it on Normal, I think I'll just go back to that. :P

munchiaz

« Reply #1060 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:13 PM »
well i picked up lords of thunder and star parodier today. So playing some of those. will go through parodier first, then move on to lords.

machomadness

« Reply #1061 on: October 30, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
With Magic Engine on my MAME Cabinet, I've been playing Bonk's Adventure, Blazing Lazers, Gradius, and Salamander. Never thought the day would ever come that I could play those Turbo games with an actual Arcade Joystick!

JapanTokei

« Reply #1062 on: October 31, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
Guys - help!  I just cant seem to dive into Dungeon Explorer 2 after getting that in a trade from Bluebeamer.  It seems difficult to just jump in as one player mode and wandering around like other more linear games like Ys.

Any advice?  I really want to get into this!

While i wait for your pointers, i am plowing away at Ys part 2.  Just got into Solomon Tower.  Cant wait to beat this!  Beatin part one last year was awesome- finally getting to spend the time to finish part two!  My fav game of all time for sure.  Used to play the sheit out of this too on Sega sms!

nat

« Reply #1063 on: October 31, 2011, 01:01:54 PM »
Have you played through Dungeon Explorer I first? You might want to do that to get acquainted with the gameplay first, as it's slightly more linear.

If you already have, then I'm not sure what more advice people might be able to give.

allyourblood

« Reply #1064 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
I played Don Doko Don and Image Fight today. Both are tough games. Image Fight does so many cool things though, I'm surprised I don't hear about this game more often. Can't wait to get good enough to get deeper into the game. If the innovations keep up, this is an impressive title.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?