Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 90314 times)

bartre

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1140 on: December 18, 2011, 05:49:52 PM »
80% in castlevania: rondo of blood

nice, that puts you at what, stage 6?
what'd you think of the fight with bat/medusa/mummy/franky/shaft

munchiaz

« Reply #1141 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »
^ i did it with maria, and i got to shaft the first try then died on him. if you lose that fight you onbly have to fight shaft again so it becomes pretty easy. But it was an awesome boss fight. I actually beat the game with maria. I gotta get stage 5' and recuse some girls  still

T2KFreeker

« Reply #1142 on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
Hmm, okay, No Gate of Thunder love at the moment, but hopefully I will be on Insanity soon . . .
END OF LINE.

chany60126

« Reply #1143 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:54 AM »
Maria is a cool character to use.... But it almost feels like your cheating since she is faster and you can double jump. :P
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #1144 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
Maria is a cool character to use.... But it almost feels like your cheating since she is faster and you can double jump. :P

imissmydraculaxdiscasitsstillmissingewithmybeyondshadowgate  :cry:
END OF LINE.

munchiaz

« Reply #1145 on: December 20, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »
played some monster lair today. got to world 4.

roflmao

« Reply #1146 on: December 20, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »
I think that's usually about how far I make it as well.  I keep telling myself that one of these days I'm going to sit down and try to get good at the game.  From what I recall, it's a pretty long game.

munchiaz

« Reply #1147 on: December 20, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »
yeah i got to the boss of world 4. I lost alot of lives in stupid ways, so i will give it another run tonight and see how far i get

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1148 on: December 21, 2011, 02:39:24 AM »
Played Neutopia yesterday, got the first two medallions. I really love the game but it seems a little easy.

Trust me, it gets harder towards the end, but not terribly so. Mostly because of hidden passageways you have to find to progress in the game.

Yeah It took me awhile to find the moon bean moss for the 3rd temple

Sadler

« Reply #1149 on: December 23, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
WARNING: massive brain dump ahead!

I've played a lot of fantastic games recently. I had to do some travel, so I brought along my Express and ended up playing a lot of Super Star Soldier. This is an awesome game! Stupidly hard. I guess I'll reveal that a suck at shooters and say it's only recently I could pass the first level without dying.

This week a bunch of PCE games I've never played finally arrived! I got Shubibinman 3, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury Special, World Heros 2, Strider, Star Parodier, Legend of Xanadu, Anearth Fantasy Story, Space Invaders and Kaze Kiri. I haven't spent of ton of time playing them all yet, but...

Shubibinman 3—Holy shit! This game is awesome! Great graphics, great game play, awesome music - this game is just all around fantastic! I can't say enough about how cool I think this game is. The train scene was awesome, the suicide bombing boss was awesome (and he lived?!), and the music... so good!

Star Parodier—Talk about a game with charm! I absolutely love the announcer. I'm only kind of ashamed that I cycled through the characters repeatedly just so I could hear her declare "Paro Ceaser!", "PC Engine!" and "Bom-ber Man!" :D The game is super fun and just looks amazing. The music is, as always, incredible. A real treat, I can't believe I haven't played this before.

Space Invaders—OK, I have to admit that I'm a long time fan of this game. It was one of, if not the first video game I ever played. This version is really cool: there's an old school arcade mode that as best I can tell is the same (though I guess it's been a long time since I've played any variant of this game), and a "new" school mode where your ship has multiple hits and the graphics are better.

Kaze Kiri—Another great game! The controls here are deeper than I initially realized. Up left/up right causes your character to run. Up/Down plus button I causes your character to front or back flip and it appears your character is invincible while doing so. The graphics are very good, I really like the animation. The sound effects are some of the best I've heard on the Duo. I vaguely recall reading that the game is pretty easy, but I got my ass handed to me pretty quick (third level maybe?). I need to play more of this! :D

The Neo Geo fighters are all cool I guess. I haven't really played enough of of any of them to really formulate an opinion yet. Fatal Fury Special is my favorite, but honestly I probably prefer Kabuki Itoryoden to any of the Neo Geo fighters. At least so far, and I guess I should clarify I'm a SF2 whore.

I played a touch of Strider and wasn't really blown away. I'm wondering if turbo on button II isn't the best choice. Movement was slow and jumping seemed jenky to me. Then again, I played it once so my opinion isn't valid.

The RPG's I only watched the intros to. I'll track down walk throughs after playing some more of the other games I got.

TL;DR There are a lot of really good games that never made it to the US. Glad I'm getting a chance to play them now!

esteban

« Reply #1150 on: December 23, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
Space Invaders—OK, I have to admit that I'm a long time fan of this game. It was one of, if not the first video game I ever played. This version is really cool: there's an old school arcade mode that as best I can tell is the same (though I guess it's been a long time since I've played any variant of this game), and a "new" school mode where your ship has multiple hits and the graphics are better.

Kaze Kiri—Another great game! The controls here are deeper than I initially realized. Up left/up right causes your character to run. Up/Down plus button I causes your character to front or back flip and it appears your character is invincible while doing so. The graphics are very good, I really like the animation. The sound effects are some of the best I've heard on the Duo. I vaguely recall reading that the game is pretty easy, but I got my ass handed to me pretty quick (third level maybe?). I need to play more of this! :D

I have had a great time with the updated Space Invaders. Nice, solid little game with cute little touches.

Kaze Kiri, on the other hand, is boring. It fails at the most fundamental level: striking/killing your opponent should be a visceral experience. Instead, it feels insubstantial—as if your opponents are damp cardboard and deflated, wrinkled balloons. I like many I the bosses on Kaze Kiri, but they are  or enough to save the game. 

For the record, Kung Fu (NES) does a better job.

OK, I'll stop ranting now ;)
  |    | 

Sadler

« Reply #1151 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
I have had a great time with the updated Space Invaders. Nice, solid little game with cute little touches.

Kaze Kiri, on the other hand, is boring. It fails at the most fundamental level: striking/killing your opponent should be a visceral experience. Instead, it feels insubstantial—as if your opponents are damp cardboard and deflated, wrinkled balloons. I like many I the bosses on Kaze Kiri, but they are  or enough to save the game. 

For the record, Kung Fu (NES) does a better job.

OK, I'll stop ranting now ;)

Fair enough! :) I'm the kind of person that will tell you that Riot Zone and Vigilante are must play titles. Make the main character a ninja, add in great graphics, sound, music and improve on the gameplay and I have a hard time not loving it. :D I haven't played much of it though, I suppose my opinion could change...

roflmao

« Reply #1152 on: December 23, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
Wow, Sadler.  Looks like you've been having some fun lately!

I spent a good chunk of this morning playing Dungeon Explorer.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1153 on: December 23, 2011, 05:18:36 PM »
Wow, Sadler.  Looks like you've been having some fun lately!

I spent a good chunk of this morning playing Dungeon Explorer.

A friend and I sat down and played through like 6 dungeons last week, that games great multi-player.

roflmao

« Reply #1154 on: December 23, 2011, 06:14:18 PM »
A friend and I sat down and played through like 6 dungeons last week, that games great multi-player.

Yeah, it's an awesome multi-player game.  It's fun single-player, but not quite as fun as multi-player.