Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88637 times)

thesteve

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1155 on: December 24, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
image fight

T2KFreeker

« Reply #1156 on: December 24, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »
Yup, playing Insanity! Arrived today and I am impressed. I don't understand why anybody wouldn't like this game. Very cool. Oh, and I agree that the music is very awesome! :wink:
END OF LINE.

Damon Plus

« Reply #1157 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
Double Dungeons. Addicting, but I see it becoming very tedious in larger levels.

roflmao

« Reply #1158 on: December 25, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
I think I have will have the first level of Double Dungeons forever etched into my memory.  It's a great game for shot bursts - good for travelling.  The later levels have some really bizarre monsters.  I've never beat it, and doubt I ever will, but I've always enjoys it.  It's a hoot with 2 people as well.

blueraven

« Reply #1159 on: December 25, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
DYNASTIC HEROOOOOOOOO
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

hoobs88

« Reply #1160 on: December 25, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
Double Dungeons. Addicting, but I see it becoming very tedious in larger levels.

I beat the game back in the 90's but the later levels take so much time that when I got all but the last letter of the password needed for the final dungeon, I decided it would be shorter to use trial & error to enter the password than to actually play through the level and earn the last letter.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

« Reply #1161 on: December 25, 2011, 06:04:31 PM »
Just rocked out on Star Parodier, Shapeshifter, Hero Tonma, and Son Son 2. It was an awesome obey day :D
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1162 on: December 26, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
Just rocked out on Star Parodier, Shapeshifter, Hero Tonma, and Son Son 2. It was an awesome obey day :D

Is shapeshifter any good? I picked it up at a game shop but haven't gotten around to it. still trying to battle through the last crypt of Neutopia

blueraven

« Reply #1163 on: December 26, 2011, 06:27:43 PM »

Is shapeshifter any good? I picked it up at a game shop but haven't gotten around to it. still trying to battle through the last crypt of Neutopia

Dude, it is so much fun. I have been playing it all day. Like Castlevania but you can morph into different creatures. Once you get through Neutopia it's recommended! 
--

jayamine

« Reply #1164 on: December 26, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »
Shapeshifter is incredibly hard. At least, it was for me. Had to pop my disc into Magic Egnine and use save states to beat it.

Finally finished Vasteel this past week, only a few decades too late. Only ones I have left are Legend of Heroes 2 and Dungeon Master. (Waiting for Mysterious Song)

Anyone want to save me the time on Theron's Quest and just feed me the ending cinematic? Does anyone have a utility that opens up the files on a TG disc?
The sequel to Splatter House should be called Circle Jerk.

roflmao

« Reply #1165 on: December 27, 2011, 03:32:03 AM »
I played some Cyber Core on the Express last night.  Made it to the fourth level boss, which I thought wasn't too bad considering I was on the Express.  Now I want to play it on a TV some. :)

chany60126

« Reply #1166 on: December 27, 2011, 03:37:03 AM »
I played some Cyber Core on the Express last night.  Made it to the fourth level boss, which I thought wasn't too bad considering I was on the Express.  Now I want to play it on a TV some. :)

Cool rofl, Cyber Core is an underrated shmup IMHO. I play this one alot. I love the weapon power up system. Make sure to post your score in the high score thread. :)
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #1167 on: December 27, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »
Shadow of teh Beast!

roflmao

« Reply #1168 on: December 27, 2011, 08:14:27 AM »
I love the weapon power up system. Make sure to post your score in the high score thread. :)

Good idea!  I agree, it is underrated.  Probably because it doesn't have "Soldier" in the title.  And it's pretty hard.  There can be a lot of fast moving stuff on the screen.  But at least you can take a few hits before kicking the bucket.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #1169 on: December 27, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »

Dude, it is so much fun. I have been playing it all day. Like Castlevania but you can morph into different creatures. Once you get through Neutopia it's recommended! 

Shape Shifter is pretty underrated, sadly. The game is quite good. Not perfect, but good. It is very Castlevaniaesque, so if you like platformers like that, then Shape Shifter should be given a go. Very cool stuff going on in the game. Especially since it isn't exactly an inexpensive game, you should play it because you paid for it!
END OF LINE.