Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88299 times)

munchiaz

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »
played a little last alert while testing out my AV switcher. only got to the bomb stage.

esteban

« Reply #1186 on: January 03, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
Finished Dungeon Explorer today as the fighter. Only found one extra playable character though, the Princess. Great game that truly holds well even against todays standards. Gonna run back through with a different character again at a later time hoping for something different. Currently Playing through Cratermaze again. Not a bad game, not a great one either. Still fun to play through once every few years or so... :wink:

You have to unlock the ROBOT in Dungeon Explorer. Awesomeness.

|    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #1187 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:42 AM »
Having a break from Deadmoon, seem to be going backwards LOL

Having a blast at PacLand today and I have only just realised after all of these years that you press jump multiple times it jumps further. Perhaps I should have read the manual back in 90 ;-)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1188 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »
You have to unlock the ROBOT in Dungeon Explorer. Awesomeness.

Indeed (robots are always awesome), though it's a lot easier to do in Dungeon Explorer II.  Mishran should instead try finding the Harmet/Hermit/Hairnet.  :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #1189 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:38 AM »
I had no idea you could unlock more than just the Princess.  How does that happen?  Do you just beat the game with different characters? 

I think I've only beaten the game using the DEBDE DEBDA cheat code - does that affect unlocking characters? 

One more question... Once you've unlocked a character, I'm assuming you lose it once you turn the game off, so you'd have to play through it multiple times in one sitting?  Yeesh.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1190 on: January 04, 2012, 02:38:24 AM »
I had no idea you could unlock more than just the Princess.  How does that happen?

Besides the Princess, the Hermit is the only other playable character.  Start playing as the Bard and visit the Hermit's empty house (don't go before you have at least 50hp); you'll be 'challenged' (hp drained) and if you survive, you'll be transformed from a weakling hippie douche into the mighty Hermit.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #1191 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54:36 AM »
Aha.  :wink:

Thanks, Necro.

Mishran

« Reply #1192 on: January 04, 2012, 04:18:45 AM »
Ripped Cadash a new one using the ninja today. Love that game!

Besides the Princess, the Hermit is the only other playable character.  Start playing as the Bard and visit the Hermit's empty house (don't go before you have at least 50hp); you'll be 'challenged' (hp drained) and if you survive, you'll be transformed from a weakling hippie douche into the mighty Hermit.

Remember hearing about the Hermit from the woman who lives by the house, but it didn't give any clues as to how to get him, so I'd assume that it was meant to be a trial and error thing. :-k

So the Princess and Hermit are the only hidden playable characters? Nuts...

SuperPlay

« Reply #1193 on: January 04, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »
Pac-Land Done. As you can see from my High Score I used many, many continues. LOL

Commentary:

Stage 02: Ahhhhh so you can press jump multiple times on springboards to gain distance , it has only took me 22 years to work this out.  Dam you manual;-)

Stage 14: Still going for it

Stage 23: Ready to go back to Dead Moon now

Stage 27: Nice night background

Stage 29: How long and and how many lives does it take one man to jump on a plane to get across a river!

10mins later ......

20mins later ......

25mins later Ahhhh I see now.

30mins God dam need to get across the other part of the river now......

40mins Mmmm done it!

Level 30: How many more of these stages are there? enough already.

Level 32: After 2hrs and what feels like 1500 lives I can see the other end of the water, just one more jump....

#!£*^$£^*&*$%£

GOD DAM IT!

3hrs and buckets full of more lives .... That's it the end :@)

What Pro mode ..... No, no and no why on earth would I want to do this all over again?  LOL

What game next?

Think I will have a cup of Tea or two first :@)

roflmao

« Reply #1194 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »
Nice, SuperPlay!  I think Stage 29 may be about where I gave up. :)  I've tried getting past it a couple times, but don't have the patience you do.   Well, now I want to give it another shot. :mrgreen:

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1195 on: January 05, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Nice, SuperPlay!  I think Stage 29 may be about where I gave up. :)  I've tried getting past it a couple times, but don't have the patience you do.   Well, now I want to give it another shot. :mrgreen:

I wanna say its worth beating but it's pretty monotonous in the later levels, but you still should just because  there's unlimited continues.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:07:24 PM by Lilgrafx »

HercTNT

« Reply #1196 on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
still playing startling odessey 2, and working my way through Dynastic hero. Dynastic hero is truly an amazing game. anyone that doubts the turbo can look as good as sega or nintendo needs to play it. Great soundtrack to.

esteban

« Reply #1197 on: January 07, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »
I had no idea you could unlock more than just the Princess.  How does that happen?

What? Unless my addled-brain is failing me, I remember playing the robot in Dungeon Explorer! IIRC, the lazer is a powerful, short, beam of death.

Am I suffering dementia already? Surely some other folks can help clear this up!

|    | 

roflmao

« Reply #1198 on: January 07, 2012, 01:14:07 PM »
I've gotten a fair amount of Obey in over the past couple of days.  Got in some Dungeon Explorer, lots and lots of Double Dungeons (I know it's kind of looked down on, but I've always loved that game), and Gate of Thunder.  Man that last level is HARD!  I haven't beaten it yet, but I know it's possible.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1199 on: January 07, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »
Been playing a lot of cosmic fantasy, it nice to have a JRPG on the system.