Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88284 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1200 on: January 07, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
Erp! Forgot to mention I've also been playing Magicoal a fair amount!  Thanks again, Necro!

SuperPlay

« Reply #1201 on: January 07, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »
Having a quick blast on Galaga and going to have a look at Sherlock Holmes later on

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1202 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:53 AM »
Dead Moon complete! ( With level select code  :oops: )

I'd beaten all the levels just didn't want to play through them all again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:15:13 PM by Lilgrafx »

Mishran

« Reply #1203 on: January 08, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
Bravoman! It's... different.

MotherGunner

« Reply #1204 on: January 08, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »
Playing Legendary Axe II.  This game has fantastic music and controls.  If you don't have it, get it today!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

« Reply #1205 on: January 09, 2012, 07:10:06 AM »
Playing Legendary Axe II.  This game has fantastic music and controls.  If you don't have it, get it today!

Absolutely one of the best soundtracks of ANY video game of all time, IMHO.

Yes, I know that is a lavish, bold, ridiculous claim, but I stand by it.

And I'm including all soundtracks, not simply chiptune-based ones, in that pool of contestants.

Bravoman! It's... different.

Bravoman has never been able to hold my interest. In the mid-to-late 90's, I can't believe I bought Bravoman instead of, say, the HuCards that have become very valuable. I bought Deep Blue and Shockman and Bravoman and Air Zonk instead of Magical Chase and Bonk 3 and Dynastic Hero.

Anyway, I'm going to have to give Bravoman a second (or is it nineteenth?) chance. Every few years I want to like the game. Maybe I'll be able to find some enjoyment in it this winter as I lick bitter tears from my lips.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:15:08 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1206 on: January 09, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
Been playing Tiger Road with the save feature on the Duo, Does anyone know how many stages there are?

HercTNT

« Reply #1207 on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
Its not a bold claim, its a fact :) legendary axe is top notch all the way through!!

Mishran

« Reply #1208 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »
Bravoman has never been able to hold my interest. In the mid-to-late 90's, I can't believe I bought Bravoman instead of, say, the HuCards that have become very valuable. I bought Deep Blue and Shockman and Bravoman and Air Zonk instead of Magical Chase and Bonk 3 and Dynastic Hero.

Anyway, I'm going to have to give Bravoman a second (or is it nineteenth?) chance. Every few years I want to like the game. Maybe I'll be able to find some enjoyment in it this winter as I lick bitter tears from my lips.

I actually have had a hard time liking the game in the past, but after forcing myself to play through it recently, well mostly through it, I've come to accept it. Been having dificulty holding my concentration with games here lately, too much bullshit in my life at the moment. Decided to put it away for now and try to work my way through Dragon's Curse. Currently unlocked the tiger form, but wandering aimlessly looking for the next area. Thank goodness for its open ended gameplay and no time limit.

JapanTokei

« Reply #1209 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
I thought Bravoman just sucked.. seriously.  and NEC couldn't have came up with a worse name in the PCE version... called veigues gladiator or something... man.  at least they tried to correct that in the TG-16 version by changign the name.

I actually have had a hard time liking the game in the past, but after forcing myself to play through it recently, well mostly through it, I've come to accept it. Been having dificulty holding my concentration with games here lately, too much bullshit in my life at the moment. Decided to put it away for now and try to work my way through Dragon's Curse. Currently unlocked the tiger form, but wandering aimlessly looking for the next area. Thank goodness for its open ended gameplay and no time limit.

hoobs88

« Reply #1210 on: January 09, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Been playing Tiger Road with the save feature on the Duo, Does anyone know how many stages there are?

There are 5 stages.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

geise

« Reply #1211 on: January 10, 2012, 12:37:15 AM »
I actually sat down when I got home from work to play a bit.  Rocked out some Keith Courage!  My playing showed how long it's been since I popped that game into my Duo.

roflmao

« Reply #1212 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
Yesterday I received a Duo from Bernie (thanks again!) so I *had* to put it through some serious testing. :mrgreen:  I'll try to post pics of it later today in the "What did you buy" thread.

So I played some:
Sapphire, Spriggan, Star Parodier, Super Star Soldier, Space Harrier, Soldier Blade (lots of games that start with "S"!) and Alien Crush.

This morning I played Air Zonk.  I made it to the final boss (I think - looks like a robot King Drool, after the gangster looking Drool and his 2 cronies).  But he bested me and I had to get to work.  Awesome game.

HercTNT

« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2012, 03:59:39 AM »
I finally beat dynastic hero. excellent, but somewhat easy game. hardest part was the dissappearing platforms in the dark castle.

SuperPlay

« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
Dead Moon complete! ( With level select code  :oops: )

I'd beaten all the levels just didn't want to play through them all again.

Nearly there with said code myself ;-) LOL