Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88282 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1245 on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »
I recently played through Crest of Wolf (Riot Zone).  By myself.  Because there's no 2-player option.  Which makes me sad.

A also tried to 1cc Final Soldier and made it to the final boss, but ran out of lives. :(  I think I made it to the final level without losing a life, but the difficulty really ramps up on that level!

Also played some Cotton (I don't know how you guys are able to make it through 2 plays of this game - I can't make it through 1) and some Monster Lair.

Dyna138

« Reply #1246 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »
Been playing through a few Turbo games lately.

Finished Psychosis which I think is a very average shooter. The premise is interesting, but the game never seems to be anything but mediocre. The weapons are boring, the enemies are uninteresting and besides some parallax scrolling the graphics are uninspired. It's also very difficult to recover after losing a life due to a lack of power-ups and very slow moving ship.

Also finished Fantasy Zone. Never played past the first 3 stages in this game before shutting it off before, but I gave the game a chance and played through the rest of the game. I like the colorful worlds and boss designs, but the game is a little on the simple side, not to mention short. Still its kind of fun to pick up and play.

A also tried to 1cc Final Soldier and made it to the final boss, but ran out of lives. :(  I think I made it to the final level without losing a life, but the difficulty really ramps up on that level!

Yeah, I think the game is easy, but the last boss can be a challenge especially if you lose your weapons. The E weapon seems to work best if you can keep it at full power for your last confrontation with the boss. 

Bernie

« Reply #1247 on: January 25, 2012, 01:18:33 AM »
Been messing with Bomberman 93 lately, and thinking about starting a new game of Beyond Shadowgate again.  God I love that game!!

jayamine

« Reply #1248 on: January 25, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
Fiddling with Legend of Heroes II and Dungeon Master: TQ while I wait for Mysterious Song R. After those three, I won't have any unfinished Duo games to play anymore :-(
The sequel to Splatter House should be called Circle Jerk.

SuperPlay

« Reply #1249 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »
Not so much playing as failing tonight with New Adventure Island.  Been playing for an hour and not past stage 1-2 LOL I just cannot get used to the controls, having run and fire on the same button.

When I want to Jump I fire, when I want to fire I jump and ask for run ;0)

Must be tired, as when I had a quick blast on this a week or so ago I did not have this problem!

Shrapnoid

« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »
I'm currently re-playing Neutopia on my Duo because I haven't played it that way in years and I want to experience that summer of '91 nostalgia from when I had my TG16 and just a few games. :dance:

I've been re-playing a little bit, of Last Alert too. :lol:

Bernie

« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
I aint playing shit right now...  My Duo took a huge crapola today soundwise..  Poop!!  Luckily I have one arriving tomorrow....or I could get violent....

MotherGunner

« Reply #1252 on: January 26, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
I aint playing shit right now...  My Duo took a huge crapola today soundwise..  Poop!!  Luckily I have one arriving tomorrow....or I could get violent....

Damn that sucks brother.  Was it one of the ones you got full cap replacements on?  I wonder what could be the issue...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

roflmao

« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2012, 11:57:43 PM »

Sorry to hear that, Bernie. :(

I've been playing some Dragon Spirit.  I love the music for this game!

Bernie

« Reply #1254 on: January 27, 2012, 05:09:28 AM »
Its one I bought that had been capped, but since the time it was worked on, more sound issues were discovered.  So, its very possible not all caps were replaced.  An operation is in the works though!  :)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1255 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
Not so much playing as failing tonight with New Adventure Island.  Been playing for an hour and not past stage 1-2 LOL I just cannot get used to the controls, having run and fire on the same button.

When I want to Jump I fire, when I want to fire I jump and ask for run ;0)

Must be tired, as when I had a quick blast on this a week or so ago I did not have this problem!

Luckily there's unlimited continues, unlike other Adventure Island games so man up and beat that bastard!

munchiaz

« Reply #1256 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:13 PM »
player some aero blaster tonight. got to phase 4. Really awesome games. I also played and beat spriggan for the first time tonight. One of the best shmups i've ever played.

roflmao

« Reply #1257 on: January 28, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
player some aero blaster tonight. got to phase 4. Really awesome games. I also played and beat spriggan for the first time tonight. One of the best shmups i've ever played.

Yeah, Spriggan is way cool.  I was playing it earlier today as well.  Trying to 1cc it on Normal difficulty.  Made it to the last level, but then choked.  Oh well.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #1258 on: January 29, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
For some reason I was playing Timeball and Keith Courage. I'm still not a big fan of those ones after another playthrough but I wanted to beat Keith Courage without dying just for a challenge. Timeball is just balls!

esteban

« Reply #1259 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
For some reason I was playing Timeball and Keith Courage. I'm still not a big fan of those ones after another playthrough but I wanted to beat Keith Courage without dying just for a challenge. Timeball is just balls!

I know you wrote that just to tease me. I know that you actually enjoy Timeball, especially holding down the TURBO button and testing your skill to the X-treme.

As long as you're joking, we are good.

|    |