Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89962 times)

Lilgrafx

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1320 on: February 27, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
Finished Aoi Blink yesterday and I have managed to get an hour in on Dungeon Explorer.  Not played this one before, so far so good!

Get 4 friends over ASAP! Then that games amazing.

SuperPlay

« Reply #1321 on: February 28, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »
If only I had 4 friends ;-) LOL

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1322 on: February 28, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »
All you need to Obey my friend.

HercTNT

« Reply #1323 on: February 29, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
Finally finished star parodier. I'm also still battling my way through ys 4.

roflmao

« Reply #1324 on: March 06, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
I spent a good chunk of this evening playing Final Lap Twin.  The recent raffle got me reminiscing about the last time I played through it and realized it was over 10 years ago.  And it feels like just yesterday.  My 8 and 16 bit racing game experience doesn't cover a lot of games, but I still think this hold up pretty well as one of the better ones.  IMO, it's up there with F-Zero and Mario Kart for the SNES.  And it's an RPG! Sweet!

EDIT: This is my 1000th post here!  Woot!  Punchy Pedro!

nat

« Reply #1325 on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
Namco had a really turbulent track record when it came to the Duo. They had some hits, and a large quantity of misses.

Final Lap Twin is definitely one of the former.

turbofan1

« Reply #1326 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:35 AM »
Played about two,three hours worth of Dungeon Explorer II over the weekend.I got pretty lost in to the story,as to wth is exactly going on.I like the game play,but the graphics are pretty mediocre at best.

roflmao

« Reply #1327 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:04 AM »
Namco had a really turbulent track record when it came to the Duo. They had some hits, and a large quantity of misses.

Were there any other Namco titles brought over to the states?  I'm not near my collection to see if I have any others.  And is there a reason they are called "Namcot" in the game?  I always assumed they were Namco, but could never reason why they added the "t".

vestcoat

« Reply #1328 on: March 07, 2012, 08:07:01 AM »
Played about two,three hours worth of Dungeon Explorer II over the weekend.I got pretty lost in to the story,as to wth is exactly going on.I like the game play,but the graphics are pretty mediocre at best.
The grafx are great!  A little on the dark side, but you have to remember the game is from 1989.  Most of the population was sitting around playing the brand-new Dragon Warrior.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1329 on: March 07, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
And is there a reason they are called "Namcot" in the game?  I always assumed they were Namco, but could never reason why they added the "t".

Namco = arcade games and Namcot = home games; just to keep the divisions separate and distinct, I suppose.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #1330 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
The grafx are great!  A little on the dark side, but you have to remember the game is from 1989.  Most of the population was sitting around playing the brand-new Dragon Warrior.

Indeed, the grafx were "inspired" by Gauntlet and ARPG's of the period...plus, you had to support five players simultaneously without breaking the enjoyment! DE & DE II have superior grafx (IMHO) than the Sega-CD version of DE. I AM GRATEFUL that Hudson did not make PCE DE II like the one they offered Sega's audience. On the surface, the Sega-CD version has superior graphics...and gameplay...but the game ends up missing something essential.
  |    | 

roflmao

« Reply #1331 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
Namco = arcade games and Namcot = home games; just to keep the divisions separate and distinct, I suppose.

Aha!  Thanks!  Good to know.

nat

« Reply #1332 on: March 07, 2012, 12:29:42 PM »

Were there any other Namco titles brought over to the states?

Lots: Splatterhouse, Samurai Ghost, World Court Tennis, Pac-Land, Galaga 90, Ordyne, Bravoman, Dragon Spirit, etc.

Most of the real stinkers never left Japan, but we did get World Court Tennis, Ordyne, and Bravoman. And personally, I don't think Dragon Spirit is anything to write home about.

turbofan1

« Reply #1333 on: March 07, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »

I'm A little confused.Dungeon Explorer II came out in 1989?,or are you referring to the first one?.The graphics are A mixed bag,its good in some areas,but dark and drab others.I do like the game.My favorite character is the little dwarf guy that throws the axes.If I could only find three,four other people to play the game with. :)

Mishran

« Reply #1334 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:08 AM »
Been rocking Magical Chase and Soldier Blade thanks to the recently aquired flash cart. Also played some Megaman and messed around with Bonknuts' other NES ports. Bonk man, you need to get that Contra game up to par. Those wonky sfx just don't cut it with this Contra fanatic. :P Any other homebrew you fellas would recommend giving a go?