Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88164 times)

420GOAT

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1350 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:59 AM »
I gave Cyber Core some love this morning/afternoon before work. Probably gonna play it some more when I get home.

I have a soft spot in my heart for CyberCore. I wish it had a bit more intensity/flair, but it is a decent game  . A poor man's Dragon Spirit.

just flipped pcengine version of ninja spirit. now i need the arcade version.

You probably are referring to the "Arcade Mode" available on the HuCARD...one-hit death. But, if you are referring to the actual arcade game, well, I've always wanted to compare them to see how good/bad the PCE port was.   

the arcade mode is right....but bloody wolf keeps kicking my ass. and i dont have save on my express. gives me something to do between working on my vw and family.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

SuperPlay

« Reply #1351 on: March 28, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »
Completed Bonanza Bros. over the weekend and have now moved onto Legendary Axe.

I also still need to complete Dungeon Explorer.  Got a little board at stage 12 as it does not cut the mustard in single plater mode for me.   That reminds me I also have Neutopia to finish amongst others ;-)

TEKTORO

« Reply #1352 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »
Tough to choose just one game,but loving Chew Man Fu with two exceptions..Wish I had someone to play my custom levels with and Highly regretting getting rid of my cd add on due to saving and AV out.Dont hate me but thought I was done with it at the time due to money issues.

Also Somer Assualt which is really really fun and unique but hard and easy at the same time?
Man I can see me going nuts over this system all over again!!
Create,Share and Play.

esteban

« Reply #1353 on: March 28, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »
Tough to choose just one game,but loving Chew Man Fu with two exceptions..Wish I had someone to play my custom levels with and Highly regretting getting rid of my cd add on due to saving and AV out.Dont hate me but thought I was done with it at the time due to money issues.

Also Somer Assualt which is really really fun and unique but hard and easy at the same time?
Man I can see me going nuts over this system all over again!!

Many of us have sold hardware/software at some point, only to regret it hears later.

I know I have.

Mesopotamia/Somer Assault is usually on my "under appreciated games" list. I love quirky, hybrid games.

|    | 

nat

« Reply #1354 on: March 28, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
I gave Cyber Core some love this morning/afternoon before work. Probably gonna play it some more when I get home.

I have a soft spot in my heart for CyberCore. I wish it had a bit more intensity/flair, but it is a decent game  . A poor man's Dragon Spirit.

I must be a mighty poor man since in my house the CyberCore soundtrack crushes anything Spirit has to offer.

esteban

« Reply #1355 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

I have a soft spot in my heart for CyberCore. I wish it had a bit more intensity/flair, but it is a decent game  . A poor man's Dragon Spirit.

I must be a mighty poor man since in my house the CyberCore soundtrack crushes anything Spirit has to offer.

No, we actually share common ground when it comes to CyberCore's soundtrack: it seems we both enjoy it!!  

In a recent thread (disco PSG tunes?), I rated the different songs in CyberCore...http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Title_Screen.mp3
, http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Level_1.mp3
and http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Cyber_Core/Level_8.mp3
are my faves.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:14:36 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

nat

« Reply #1356 on: March 28, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »
Yeah, I agree with those choices.

The way the title screen music changes to the stage 1 tune as the guy turns into the insect creature is just undeniably awesome.

bartre

« Reply #1357 on: March 28, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
I've been going balls deep in Cadash, Valis I and Valkyrie no densetsu lately.
w00t for MGC!

gekioh

« Reply #1358 on: March 28, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
Yeah I love the music in Cybercore, great stuff  :D

gekioh

« Reply #1359 on: March 28, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Man Cadash is a lot of fun. I love that the TG version had all 4 characters. I have only beat it with the Ninja, guess I know what Im gonna do tonight, try and beat with a different character. I will honestly admit though I do prefer the color palette a little better on the Genesis version.

gekioh

« Reply #1360 on: March 28, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »
Completed Bonanza Bros. over the weekend and have now moved onto Legendary Axe.

I also still need to complete Dungeon Explorer.  Got a little board at stage 12 as it does not cut the mustard in single plater mode for me.   That reminds me I also have Neutopia to finish amongst others ;-)

Man I have yet to finish Dungeon Explorer or Neutopia myself.

esteban

« Reply #1361 on: March 29, 2012, 12:52:15 AM »
Yeah, I agree with those choices.

The way the title screen music changes to the stage 1 tune as the guy turns into the insect creature is just undeniably awesome.

100% agreement  .

|    | 

esteban

« Reply #1362 on: March 29, 2012, 12:53:35 AM »
Man Cadash is a lot of fun. I love that the TG version had all 4 characters. I have only beat it with the Ninja, guess I know what Im gonna do tonight, try and beat with a different character. I will honestly admit though I do prefer the color palette a little better on the Genesis version.

Ninja is the easiest to beat the game with (IIRC), due to the sweet attributes of Ninja. 
  |    | 

bartre

« Reply #1363 on: March 29, 2012, 04:02:14 AM »

Ninja is the easiest to beat the game with (IIRC), due to the sweet attributes of Ninja. 

IE range.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1364 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »

IE range.

I though the priest was pretty easy myself. The fact that you can heal and your weapon has good range makes the game a cake walk after some level grinding.