Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88287 times)

Lilgrafx

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1365 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
Been playing a lot of Monster Lair after I get home from Track. Today I made it to stage 7 without dying, I got a game over on the boss of stage 8, it was the furthest I'd ever been. This is probably my favorite CD game, I love the soundtrack.

nat

« Reply #1366 on: March 29, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
Wonderboy 3/Monster Lair is long, and brutal. I'd say it's a runner-up for the "Duomazov Measure of a Turbo Bad-Ass" game list.

I have only beaten it once, and I was significantly buzzed/drunk at the time. True story. Not so intoxicated that my reflexes were severely impaired (obviously), just enough that I was a little "looser" than normal and just enough that my memory of the event is a bit foggy.

I've been unable to duplicate the event in a sober state.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1367 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »
Wonderboy 3/Monster Lair is long, and brutal. I'd say it's a runner-up for the "Duomazov Measure of a Turbo Bad-Ass" game list.

I have only beaten it once, and I was significantly buzzed/drunk at the time. True story. Not so intoxicated that my reflexes were severely impaired (obviously), just enough that I was a little "looser" than normal and just enough that my memory of the event is a bit foggy.

Time to find cheap beer!

vestcoat

« Reply #1368 on: March 29, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »

The main video game advantage that I noticed in my drinking days was that I was too lazy to get up and put in a different cart.  I have a bad habit of giving up and switching games when I die, but the laziness that came from booze made me more persistent and helped me clear a few games.

esteban

« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »
If anyone wants Wonderboy  III: Monster Lair Soundtrack.  

If you get lucky with the power-up weapon (fire or missiles), then it makes most bosses a joke. I simply collect every single power-up, though, with no intention of "planning" specific weapons for specific bosses. It keeps me on my toes, for sure, but it can backfire (I lose life/die).

|    | 

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2012, 02:38:37 AM »
I've been rocking one of my first games I ever got on the TG-16: Vigilante.

*Picks up nun chucks
*Turns up turbo switch
*Murder everybody!!! :twisted:

esteban

« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:12 AM »
I've been rocking one of my first games I ever got on the TG-16: Vigilante.

*Picks up nun chucks
*Turns up turbo switch
*Murder everybody!!! :twisted:

Cook wants you to skip step two. More fun to murder in this manner!
  |    | 

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2012, 04:44:55 AM »

The main video game advantage that I noticed in my drinking days was that I was too lazy to get up and put in a different cart.  I have a bad habit of giving up and switching games when I die, but the laziness that came from booze made me more persistent and helped me clear a few games.

I should try this.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »
If anyone wants Wonderboy  III: Monster Lair Soundtrack

If you get lucky with the power-up weapon (fire or missiles), then it makes most bosses a joke. I simply collect every single power-up, though, with no intention of "planning" specific weapons for specific bosses. It keeps me on my toes, for sure, but it can backfire (I lose life/die).

I do the same thing with the power ups. for the boss I usually try to hold on to a missile power up near the end of the stage, then I'll turn up the Turbo switchs sit right next to him and spam bomb him to death. Tanks for the soundtrack too.

esteban

« Reply #1374 on: March 31, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
If anyone wants Wonderboy  III: Monster Lair Soundtrack

I do the same thing with the power ups. for the boss I usually try to hold on to a missile power up near the end of the stage, then I'll turn up the Turbo switchs sit right next to him and spam bomb him to death. Tanks for the soundtrack too.

Hey, you should download the wallpaper to all the computers you have access to RIGHT NOW. That's what I want! Listen to the tune from the final stage when you're doing this and I guarantee you will reach a state of Wonderboy Bliss.

|    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #1375 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
played some last alert last night. God the cheese factor in this game. But thats one of the things that makes it fun to play. I'm almost done with it. got to the swear boss (dragon) and died. Ill pick it up again later
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:40:41 AM by munchiaz »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #1376 on: April 04, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
Shadow of the Beast

WHAT ABOUT IT.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mishran

« Reply #1377 on: April 04, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
Exile: WP

Stupid game...  ](*,)

Stupid deterioration of gaming skills with age...  #-o

:P

roflmao

« Reply #1378 on: April 04, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
I've recently gotten a little farther in Neutopia and Ys Book 2. :)

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1379 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
Exile: WP

Stupid game...  ](*,)

Stupid deterioration of gaming skills with age...  #-o

:P

I played the the first Exile in the fall and really loved it. Never really got into Wick Phenomenon, don't really know why.