Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88545 times)

Mishran

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1380 on: April 04, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
I played the the first Exile in the fall and really loved it. Never really got into Wick Phenomenon, don't really know why.

First Exile was good. It isn't a difficult game, but it had enough challenge to make it fun while keeping you interested.

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #1381 on: April 04, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
I been playing some Bonk 3 CD. It sucks that it's pretty much the same game as the card though.

nat

« Reply #1382 on: April 04, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »
Same game, with superfluous sampled sound effects and a soundtrack mixed so loud you can't hear the normal sound effects.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1383 on: April 21, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Rise from the grave!

I played through Cadash with a friend today, I played the Ninja and he played the Priest. Pretty fun but I've played it too much. Still playing Mr. Heli made it to the 5th level boss

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1384 on: April 21, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »
Dracula X, my first time playing through this game!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1385 on: April 22, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »
Mr. Heli completed! On One continue, not that most of you find that a challenge. This is the first PCE game I've beaten.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1386 on: April 22, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
Mr. Heli completed! On One continue, not that most of you find that a challenge. This is the first PCE game I've beaten.
Awesome dude! congratulations, mark your clear on pcedaisakusen and work on some more!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1387 on: April 22, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
Awesome dude! congratulations, mark your clear on pcedaisakusen and work on some more!

Woah that's a very cool website. I just set up an account.

farankoshan

« Reply #1388 on: April 22, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
Rondo!!!
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot f*ck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

jperryss

« Reply #1389 on: April 23, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
Blazing Lazers, trying to finally clear it once and for all.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1390 on: April 23, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »

A worth challenge, that I still haven't completed :(

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1391 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »

A worth challenge, that I still haven't completed :(
Don't shoot at the first boss at all and let him flee and you will find the game is a lot easier to clear after you do that little trick ;)

jperryss

« Reply #1392 on: April 23, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
Level 9 is destroying me every time. The part (near the end hopefully) with the constant stream of baddies going up and down the sides of the screen. Ugh! Every damn time!

esteban

« Reply #1393 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »
Level 9 is destroying me every time. The part (near the end hopefully) with the constant stream of baddies going up and down the sides of the screen. Ugh! Every damn time!

Is this the last level? Even with a pea-shooter, set your speed to MAX, close your eyes, and just mash the direction pad and buttons.  

Currently playing:
Pyramid Plunder (an old build). This is fun, but it starts off way too slow...I wish I could jump to the more challenging levels. I love the "speedy" run. I recall folks setting the turbo switch in the middle to pick up items and "half-run"...while this technique may work, I think it is cheesy to play in such a manner. I'm not trying to start a fight, but there is a beauty to playing Pyramid Power with no autofire.

Valis III Goddamn, I forgot how much I enjoy this game. I bought it when it was originally released for TG-CD...and every few years I revisit it. Damn, I know many folks don't get too excited about the Valis series, but Valis III on PCE is a treat. I played the Genesis version back when it was released, but I never gave a thorough side-by-side comparison of the two games. ALSO: I want to revisit Syd of Valis (SD Valis) because I wasn't too impressed with it back in the day, but I might be more forgiving now.  

Mystic Formula I only spent a few minutes playing this, trying the different characters, watching the cinemas...but I'm hopeful that this game will be fun. The gameplay did not immediately "wow" me...but it already seems more competent than Final Zone II (and I was able to squeeze fun out of that sub-standard game), so <fingers crossed>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:45:37 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Nando

« Reply #1394 on: April 24, 2012, 02:22:57 AM »
Image Fight