Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 89916 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1485 on: June 17, 2012, 04:12:15 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Dragon Spirit, fun ass game.
Heck yeah!  And one of my favorite soundtracks to boot!

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1486 on: June 17, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Dragon Spirit, fun ass game.
Heck yeah!  And one of my favorite soundtracks to boot!

Hell yeah, the level 6 music is rockin. I've been trying to play through it myself, it's a tricky game.

roflmao

« Reply #1487 on: June 17, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »
Hell yeah, the level 6 music is rockin. I've been trying to play through it myself, it's a tricky game.

Agreed.  I'm pretty sure I was able to beat it back when I was in high school (I was a nut for shooters back in the early '90s and this system fit the bill) but I haven't been able to beat recently.  I think my prime shooter days are far behind me. :)

Nando

« Reply #1488 on: June 18, 2012, 02:35:49 AM »
Been getting my ass handed to me at Cielom... :(   SO CLOSE to beating the boss too!!!  (Winds of Thunder)

futureman2000

« Reply #1489 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:25 AM »
I decided that I would try to win Boxyboy for the "win all the games" thing that we're doing. I got up to level 30 something and noticed that the pw's were all common 5 letter words.  I decided to try a random word for kicks. I put in "punch", and went to level 230. I don't know what happens between 30 and 230, but it does't look like fun... Somebody else can try this one.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

tpivette

« Reply #1490 on: June 19, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »
Decided to put Legend of Heroes away for awhile and habe been concentrating on Ys Book 1 & 2. Currently I'm on Book 2 and just entered Solomon Shrine.

Also just started Cosmic Fantasy 2... guess I just can't play one game at a time!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1491 on: June 25, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
On level 5 of Sinistron, trying to beat it but at this point I'm about one game over away from blowing my brains out.

Mishran

« Reply #1492 on: June 25, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »
On level 5 of Sinistron, trying to beat it but at this point I'm about one game over away from blowing my brains out.

I've been playing it too. Been getting my ass kicked by it is better wording I suppose.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1493 on: June 25, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »

I've been playing it too. Been getting my ass kicked by it is better wording I suppose.

I was just trying to show that the game was really frustrating, you know?

Damon Plus

« Reply #1494 on: June 25, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »
Air Zonk mainly. I can beat the first three levels quite easily, but the fourth boss kills me from time to time. The fifth level, however, is the one I just can't beat.

Mishran

« Reply #1495 on: June 25, 2012, 10:09:01 PM »

Don't feel bad Lil, I still can't get past stage 2! ](*,) I blame it on too many cheap shots. :P

Love me some Turbo, but damn are the shooters tough.

Dyna138

« Reply #1496 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
Been playing me some New Adventure Island lately trying to see how far I can get on one continue. Think I might run through some other platformers In the near future.

Lilgrafx

« Reply #1497 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »

Don't feel bad Lil, I still can't get past stage 2! ](*,) I blame it on too many cheap shots. :P

I know what you mean bro, after failed attempts at beating Shockman (made it to the last level) and Sinistron (5th Level) my spirits were kinda low and I wanted to beat an easy game to feel good about myself. I took a look at my collection and realized there are very few easy games on the turbo. You've got the Bonk series, Ninja Spirit, and Kieth Courage but other than that I can't think of too many platformers that you can bharge blast through. For Shooter you've got Cybercore, Fantasy Zone, and Blazing lazers but even those have there tough moments. anyway I settled on Ninja Spirit play through it for the 5th time, great game.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #1498 on: June 27, 2012, 02:43:05 AM »
I went through a bunch of games last night.  I relived some of my youth with Splatterhouse, then tossed in Soldier Blade for the first time.  I was inspired by all the Solder Blade talk recently.  When it first started up it immediately reminded me of Blazing Lasers, but I realised quickly it was only similar.  Definitely a game I'm going to have to revisit.  Shockman was the next to be inserted.  I had never played this one either.  The pre-game part screwed me up a bit.  I had control, then I didn't, then I did again.  All of a sudden the logo drops and I'm waiting for something to happen.  It's a full two minutes before I realise I have to hit RUN.  #-o  I made it up to the second level.  This is definitely a game you need to memorise.  Finally I tossed in Final Zone II.  I didn't make it very far, but it gave me the opportunity to use my new TurboStick for the first time.  When I went to unplug the TurboPad the DIN connector popped off the end of the cable leaving me holding the pinless cable and leaving the pins stuck in the console.  They use glue to secure the pin in place?  WTF?  I managed to get the pin housing out of the console and plugged in the TurboStick.  It definitely made the game easier, but being left handed I kept wanting to cross-over my hands.  My CD unit doesn't sound that great (refurb) so I could only handle so much FZII.  Finally I tossed Air Zonk in.  This shooter is tough.  I'm not sure which companion is best yet, but I'm pretty sure it isn't SCUD.  It was a fun night in the basement at the Quid house.   :lol:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1499 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:04 AM »
Finally I tossed Air Zonk in.  This shooter is tough.

With some more experience, you'll probably find it to be rather easy (if not, try some Rayxanber II for perspective).  8)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles