Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91723 times)

JapanTokei

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1590 on: August 06, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
I love R-type too... can replay it 1000 times and still never gets old... the only gripe is the slowdowns on the PCE/TG version sometimes get pretty annoying

PLAYING THE SHIT OUT OF RTYPE, sounds beautiful on the express with headphones. i f*cken love the intro and music of level one...instant f*cken classic!!! can you tell i love this game?

roflmao

« Reply #1591 on: August 08, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
Lately I've been playing a fair amount of Bomberman '93 and Order of the Griffon.  I'm currently most of the way through world 4 in Bomberman and am exploring the Wolves Den in OotG, though I'm pretty sure I've cleared it out. I can't believe I've owned Bomberman '93 pretty much since it came out and have never tried to complete the single player campaign.  It's always been my go-to multiplayer game.  It's good fun.  As is OotG.

Damon Plus

« Reply #1592 on: August 09, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Double Dungeons. Its fast-paced gameplay is addictive, even if its repetitive (As any good dungeon crawler, I must add). But I fear that when levels get bigger the game will be too annoying to play.

geise

« Reply #1593 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:23 AM »
For the 20 some odd years I've been playing the turbo I never really gave double dungeons a chance.  I always found myself loosing interest after a while.  It's not bad, just there's other games I'd rather devote my time and effort to.

reno5

« Reply #1594 on: August 10, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
Waiting on my copy that i won in the raffle to get in so i can finally try Double Dongeons

CPTRAVE

« Reply #1595 on: August 10, 2012, 01:28:04 AM »
Finally played Neutopia, and passed it Dirth was kind of easy to beat. Now I just need to get Neutopia 2

esteban

« Reply #1596 on: August 10, 2012, 03:47:07 AM »
Double Dungeons. Its fast-paced gameplay is addictive, even if its repetitive (As any good dungeon crawler, I must add). But I fear that when levels get bigger the game will be too annoying to play.

I remember making some maps back in the day.

My brother and I played it, too, which was fun. I can't get anyone to play it these days....except for the same brother! We're too busy to really dedicate much time, though.

Dungeon Explorer 2 is what we want to play co-operatively .

|    | 

Jibbajaba

« Reply #1597 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »
This morning I played Jackie Chan (awesome), Gunhed (too easy but still fun), and Kickball (which I'd never played before but found to be surprisingly fun.)

Chris

DarkKobold

« Reply #1598 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »

Dungeon Explorer 2 is what we want to play co-operatively .

DE2 is so dang awesome. I haven't had a chance to investigate it, but I'm fairly sure they increase the boss HP for multiple players, making the boss fights incredibly tough, the more players you add. The other issue is that if you have 5 players, and only 1 survives the boss fight, only one gets the level-up, meaning you are going to have lots of lagging behind in levels. Finally, certain bosses (Damn Tree Dragon!) are a pain in the ass for multiple players - there isn't enough room for everyone to move to escape his attack!

It may sound like I'm negative towards multiplayer, but in truth I love it. However, expect the difficult to ramp up.
Hey, you.

DrBread

« Reply #1599 on: August 10, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »
Banjo Kazooie reliving my childhood.
I really like video games...

blueraven

« Reply #1600 on: August 10, 2012, 10:51:04 AM »
The Turbo Grafx version of moving to a different apartment.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

tpivette

« Reply #1601 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:46 AM »
I have many fond memories playing Neutopia when I was a kid... I just cant seem to find it for less than $30 shipped. Guess I may have to just accept it and get the damn thing. I remember it to be a freaking awesome game! Better than Zelda and for the TG-16! Its the ONLY game I had as a kid and cant seem to aquire today!

I always wanted DE2... after all the reviews and accolades on this board, I MUST have this game! However, it almost never comes up for sale/trade on here... and on ebay....  #-o
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Kaijuboy

« Reply #1602 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:47 AM »
The Turbo Grafx version of moving to a different apartment.

I've played that several times, although I feel its replay factor gets kind of old after a few times.

meka

« Reply #1603 on: August 12, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Just started Paranoia, didn't expect the f*ck you after I beat the first level.

Kaijuboy

« Reply #1604 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:34 PM »
Just started Paranoia, didn't expect the f*ck you after I beat the first level.

And before game rating were put into place!  Had the TG been more popular could you imagine the outcry!

Download also has cursing in it as well.