Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91689 times)

chany60126

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1680 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
I finally unsealed my copy of Loom that I've had for over a year. Made it through the first chapter. The gameplay is very similar to Beyond Shadowgate, but with a music element to it.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

8bitForLife

« Reply #1681 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
soldier blade soon as the mail person drops of my modded system.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

meka

« Reply #1682 on: September 16, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Super Star Soldier, just beat Star Soldier on the NES.

Damon Plus

« Reply #1683 on: September 16, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »
I finally unsealed my copy of Loom that I've had for over a year. Made it through the first chapter. The gameplay is very similar to Beyond Shadowgate, but with a music element to it.

Altough I don't have it for the Duo, I have always wanted to play it, as LucasArts games are usually of high quality, but I found the music-based gameplay a bit confusing. Is it easy to play?

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #1684 on: September 17, 2012, 01:31:10 AM »
Played some SSS also and a little Cybercore. I wanted to try the super weapon and "arcade mode" cheats.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

chany60126

« Reply #1685 on: September 17, 2012, 02:43:38 AM »

Altough I don't have it for the Duo, I have always wanted to play it, as LucasArts games are usually of high quality, but I found the music-based gameplay a bit confusing. Is it easy to play?

The music based gameplay does take a bit of time to get used to at first, but it's definitely very playable. You get this musical distaff which works like a magical wand where you can perform various commands by playing a series of notes. It really helps to have the game manual when you play the game so that you can reference the different spells that you will learn as you go along. It is also critical to write down the spell notes on paper as the game doesn't memorize them for you. I like the game so far. The animations are pretty good and I like the puzzle elements in the game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:45:17 AM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Bardoly

« Reply #1686 on: September 17, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »
Beat Steam Heart's a couple of nights ago, then played some Basted for the first time - seems okay so far, although my understanding Japanese is nonexistent. Then, I put Dracula X: Rondo of Blood in my Duo, and after playing just a little, I was like, "Where has this game been all of my life?"  The game is awesome!  I have just gotten all 3 of the aformentioned games in the last week or two, and they're all entirely new experiences for me.

rsa2000

« Reply #1687 on: September 18, 2012, 05:22:36 AM »
Yes! Since I put in Rondo of Blood it hasn't been back out.  I suck at Castlevania games but I am determined to finish it.  Many rage quits but I am slowly progressing.

esteban

« Reply #1688 on: September 18, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
Yes! Since I put in Rondo of Blood it hasn't been back out.  I suck at Castlevania games but I am determined to finish it.  Many rage quits but I am slowly progressing.

Hany, with a sudden burst of optimism, blurts, "You will conquer this beast, comrade. Have faith, comrade."

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:00:29 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

turbokon

« Reply #1689 on: September 18, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
R-type, can't get pass stage 4. Not enough continue.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

roflmao

« Reply #1690 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06:27 PM »
R-type, can't get pass stage 4. Not enough continue.

Are you using the cheat to get additional credits?

SECRETS OF THE PROS!
Ordinarily you will be allowed only three continues in the game after you lose all of your fighters. But: At the title screen set your turbo switches up, and then press and hold select and Button I.  Watch in the upper right corner as the number of credits increases one by one from 3 to 21 for the control pad or 28 for a TurboStick.  Now quickly press the Run button before the game goes into demo mode.

From The Official TurboGrafx 16 Game Encyclopedia

:)

Bardoly

« Reply #1691 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
Playing some more Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, and it's still great, although a titch difficult.

storino03

« Reply #1692 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Bonk's Adventure on the Gates of Thunder 3-in-1 CD. I find that I like (possibly even prefer) Bonk's Revenge. Maybe because it came out later and is more refined.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #1693 on: September 18, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
Playing Hit the Ice, this game is so cool. :P

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1694 on: September 19, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
Been alternating between Darius Plus and...well...Darius Plus.  I was thinking I may have played Gradius or Thunder Blade somewhere in there...

Wait, am I in the wrong place?  Do PCE games count, or do they have to be turbob?
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!