Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91502 times)

turboswimbz

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1725 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:39 AM »
YEAH! Darm - molished!  I want to play 4 with the patch but figure I should finish 3 . . . been meaning to for a while.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

« Reply #1726 on: October 04, 2012, 05:40:01 AM »
I still haven't been able to find 3 for a reasonable price... there was one that's been constantly relisted on ebay for $50 which the manual had slight water damage. Figuring he'd want it to finally sell, I offered him $40. He counter offered with $47.. and I passed. The search continues...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

thesteve

« Reply #1727 on: October 04, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
your $40 offer says he isnt far off

turboswimbz

« Reply #1728 on: October 04, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »
I still haven't been able to find 3 for a reasonable price... there was one that's been constantly relisted on ebay for $50 which the manual had slight water damage. Figuring he'd want it to finally sell, I offered him $40. He counter offered with $47.. and I passed. The search continues...

hmm, that stinks thought you would have found one, I got lucky with the $35 copy I guess.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

tpivette

« Reply #1729 on: October 04, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »
Very lucky. Haven't seen one on ebay (or these forums) for less than $50 or so. If I'm patient, I'm sure I'll get my deal, though
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

BlueBMW

« Reply #1730 on: October 06, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »
I've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasnt such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

« Reply #1731 on: October 07, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »
I've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasnt such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE ALWAYS SUSPECTED. DAMMIT.

Years ago I was too cheap to get it. The prices now...I don't even know what the going rate is. But many years ago it seemed like it was always in the $70-90 range.

|    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #1732 on: October 07, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
I've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasn't such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.

...So, after you've finished, I'm sure that you want to pass it on to me for $50.  Right?   :pray:

Bardoly

« Reply #1733 on: October 07, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
Played some Marchen Maze yesterday and got to level six.  The game is rather frustratingly addicting!   :roll:  I'm going to have to dig it out again soon and beat it!

Also did a little 2-player Efera & Jiliora and some 3-player Dungeon Explorer II.  I have to say that while we enjoyed Efera & Jiliora, we enjoyed DE2 much better because of being able to understand what was going on in English.

vestcoat

« Reply #1734 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

Years ago I was too cheap to get it. The prices now...I don't even know what the going rate is. But many years ago it seemed like it was always in the $70-90 range.

I've kept a cursory eye on Sylphia over the years. People try to gouge and turn it into the next Renny Blaster, but when it auctions it seems to have trouble breaking $200. I want to say I've seen it for $150.

esteban

« Reply #1735 on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:33 AM »

I've kept a cursory eye on Sylphia over the years. People try to gouge and turn it into the next Renny Blaster, but when it auctions it seems to have trouble breaking $200. I want to say I've seen it for $150.

Well, damn. I should have bitten the bullet years ago. Dammit.

|    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #1736 on: October 10, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Yeah I think I paid something over $150 for it.  I cant see passing it on because I just love the music.  It often doubles as a music CD in the car when not used for gaming at home.

A game like Nexzr is worth the price it commands.  Sylphia, while good, isnt worth its going price.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bardoly

« Reply #1737 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
Played some Valis I and II tonight.

DarkKobold

« Reply #1738 on: October 10, 2012, 07:43:32 PM »
Got Dragon's Curse in the mail today.

Really awesome little game.
Hey, you.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #1739 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
Played a few minutes of Veigues before work today (yesterday).  The controls are ehh...but I have a feeling that once I master them, I'm going to really like this game.  I like the artwork & I enjoy the skill level required to switch weapons depending on what enemies you're faced with.  My one complaint is the down button, which turns you the other direction.  This is cool and innovative and useful and everything, but sometimes I just want to duck. 

Also played a bit of R-Type yesterday.  It's R-Type. :/
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!