Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91585 times)

esteban

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1755 on: October 22, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »
I just got back from a short RV trip (Boys only trip; just me and my son) and I finally dug into Bloody Wolf.  I think I made it to the final boss (I'm pretty sure that was the President tied up in the background), but I just couldn't figure out a pattern to beat him.  I LOVED playing through it, though, and can't wait giving that boss another shot (it's really not that long of a game if this is the last boss).

The last boss is the "Generalissimo" who teleports around the screen and shoots boomerangs of death.

THE SECRET TO BEATING HIM? You have to keep moving (to avoid boomerangs that are returning) and start dodging the boomerangs BEFORE they launch from Generalissimo.

|    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #1756 on: October 23, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
super star solider.  cool game
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

geise

« Reply #1757 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »
Boxy Boy!  Still love it!  Don't think I'll ever beat it though.

turboswimbz

« Reply #1758 on: October 23, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
I was trying to beat boxy boy for lil graf's list but I'm stuck on 250... ahhhh. so many hours peacefully passed.

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

tpivette

« Reply #1759 on: October 23, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
Neutopia 2. Been wanting to play this game since it came out. Havent had much time to play recently, and I've only cleared the first 2 dungeons
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

roflmao

« Reply #1760 on: October 24, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
The last boss is the "Generalissimo" who teleports around the screen and shoots boomerangs of death.

THE SECRET TO BEATING HIM? You have to keep moving (to avoid boomerangs that are returning) and start dodging the boomerangs BEFORE they launch from Generalissimo.

But you're equipped only with a knife!  He kind of reminds me of that boss from Ys that turns into bats, only way harder.  I'm sure I'll be able to finish him off with a little bit of practice... :D

420GOAT

« Reply #1761 on: October 26, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
R-TYPE. and i rotate hit the ice too.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

turboswimbz

« Reply #1762 on: October 26, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »

But you're equipped only with a knife!  He kind of reminds me of that boss from Ys that turns into bats, only way harder.  I'm sure I'll be able to finish him off with a little bit of practice... :D

Are you at the end of stage 4? or 8?  at the end of 4 your fight with only a knife, and your partner is tied up in the background.  Stage 8 is longer and ends with the fight esteban was talking about.  And it is crazy difficult!  Boss 4 is tricky, boss 8 is Crazy.  in both cases react before they boomerang attack, run up and hit em when you can and move back quickly to avoid the next round of attacks.

DarkKobold

« Reply #1763 on: October 26, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. It is wickedly hard, that is for sure.
Hey, you.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #1764 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon. It is wickedly hard, that is for sure.

I love Exile to death, but I just really could not get into WP at all. This applied to both the JP and US release of it. I wish I could put my finger on it, but it just seems like it was a number of things.

nectarsis

« Reply #1765 on: October 26, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
Fausette Amour
Genji Tsuushin Agedama
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

420GOAT

« Reply #1766 on: October 26, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
R-TYPE. and i rotate hit the ice too.

it doucherey to quote ones self but f*ck .......this sounds like a command to do drugs.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

fraggore

« Reply #1767 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:23 AM »
Ys 1 and 2 got to the last boss man its a bitch
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

seieienbu

« Reply #1768 on: October 30, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
Currently stuck in Legend of Xanadu so I played the Addams Family for no good reason.  I liked the game a lot more as a kid.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

vestcoat

« Reply #1769 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20:30 AM »
I love Exile to death, but I just really could not get into WP at all. This applied to both the JP and US release of it. I wish I could put my finger on it, but it just seems like it was a number of things.
Ditto. I don't know what it is. The story and character development was definitely better in the original. They're both linear, but the sequel seems extra "railroady": town -> action -> boss -> cinema.

I'm contemplating buying the PCE version and swapping discs so I can finally beat the last tower and be done with WP.

Currently stuck in Legend of Xanadu so I played the Addams Family for no good reason.  I liked the game a lot more as a kid.
I had a good time playing through Addams Family a couple years ago. IMO, it's better than several other unpopular TG platformers (impossamole, tailspin, night creatures)