Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91704 times)

vestcoat

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1860 on: December 16, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
The battle system is absolutely incredible, the best part of the game (anecdotes here). It's a real shame that Warriors of the Eternal Sun ditched it in favor of the real-time, first-person battle system from EotB in the dungeons. A taste of OotG's glory can still be had in the above-ground wilderness, but it's not enough. Out of all the SSI console ports, Pool of Radiance battles are most similar to OotG.

Thanks for the tip about picking pockets! I'll have to try that. I didn't use a thief when I played through.

hoobs88

« Reply #1861 on: December 16, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
Thanks for the tip about picking pockets! I'll have to try that. I didn't use a thief when I played through.

I never tried a party that included a Thief character but I can see where that could come in handy with the save/reset feature.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

« Reply #1862 on: December 16, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
Yes - save often and remember to rest after every fight so you get those precious sleeps spells back!

Another handy cheat is when you build your party at the start of the game, you can load a fighter into a slot, remove the fighter and put a magic user there.  The magic user will then be wearing chainmail armor (from the original fighter).  He'll wear it until you un-equip it for something better (though they can't equip chainmail later on). :D

wolfsaq2

« Reply #1863 on: December 16, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
   Hello PCengineFXers,
I am currently playing Soldier Blade. I can make it to the fourth level, and for some reason I can not pass the end of that stage! It is a great shooter, and I regret it has taken me so long to take my hands on that gem. When and if I beat Soldier Blade...I have a Samurai Ghost that is being shipped to me. I can't wait to play that!
    Wolf
"Until the lion has a historian of his own, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter" (African Proverb)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1864 on: December 17, 2012, 05:06:48 AM »
I took. my pce to families house yesterday and played bloody wolf, final zone ii, battle lode runner, and red alert with my bro in law. was a lot of fun and sure beat doing nothing like normal over there
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

chany60126

« Reply #1865 on: December 17, 2012, 05:21:50 AM »
I took. my pce to families house yesterday and played bloody wolf, final zone ii, battle lode runner, and red alert with my bro in law. was a lot of fun and sure beat doing nothing like normal over there

Battle Lode Runner is a ton of fun in multiplayer battles, especially with five people. That game has become a staple of Turbo Fest. :D
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

esteban

« Reply #1866 on: December 18, 2012, 02:38:01 PM »

Battle Lode Runner is a ton of fun in multiplayer battles, especially with five people. That game has become a staple of Turbo Fest. :D

I don't think I've ever seen this much love for Battle Lode Runner!

I, sadly, am envious of anyone who's able to have 4+ player matches in any game at this point--everyone I know is so busy and TG-16 isn't #1 priority

Hello PCengineFXers,
I am currently playing Soldier Blade. I can make it to the fourth level, and for some reason I can not pass the end of that stage! It is a great shooter, and I regret it has taken me so long to take my hands on that gem. When and if I beat Soldier Blade...I have a Samurai Ghost that is being shipped to me. I can't wait to play that!
    Wolf

Everyone loves Soldier Blade--hang in there and you'll figure out how to pass Stage 4.

I personally like Samurai Ghost! Be sure to use all the different defensive/offensive moves (nice variety) to keep things interesting.

|    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1867 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:27 PM »
Estaban just wait till your kids grow up a little then you can have family 4 player battle lode runner matches!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

sonikthehedgehog

« Reply #1868 on: December 21, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
I've been rotating between Soldier Blade and Dracula X. Those two games make my Turbo worth it alone.

-D-

« Reply #1869 on: December 23, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
Just got Detana!! Twinbee and Daisenpu Custom recently; and my region-modded Duo that was re-capped + s-video from D-Lite yesterday; so enjoying the hell out of these 2 right now.

I guess this is a hello post too, my first on this forum.  TG-16 was a system I saw and wanted a lot back when it was released, but didn't have the means of owning; and as I got on a big retro kick these past few years I knew I'd have to re-visit everything I wanted back then but couldn't have.  Got a US system about a year ago, then bought a Duo-RX off ebay awhile back that had issues so I returned it; then turned to D-Lite to make it all right, now I feel like I can actually really get into the platform thanks to his awesome work.

roflmao

« Reply #1870 on: December 23, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
Welcome, -D-!

esteban

« Reply #1871 on: December 23, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
Just got Detana!! Twinbee and Daisenpu Custom recently; and my region-modded Duo that was re-capped + s-video from D-Lite yesterday; so enjoying the hell out of these 2 right now.

I guess this is a hello post too, my first on this forum.  TG-16 was a system I saw and wanted a lot back when it was released, but didn't have the means of owning; and as I got on a big retro kick these past few years I knew I'd have to re-visit everything I wanted back then but couldn't have.  Got a US system about a year ago, then bought a Duo-RX off ebay awhile back that had issues so I returned it; then turned to D-Lite to make it all right, now I feel like I can actually really get into the platform thanks to his awesome work.

Welcome, comrade.
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1872 on: December 24, 2012, 07:20:17 AM »
played some kyukyoku tiger last night and got to stage five then game over!

Bardoly

« Reply #1873 on: December 24, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
Welcome, -D-!

Take your shoes off and stay a while!

Gao

« Reply #1874 on: December 24, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
Been playing Final Soldier and Fantasy Zone the last few days.  Managed to get to the last boss in the latter, but man, that guy's difficult.  Any tips on dealing with that last segment it fires out?