Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91480 times)

esteban

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1875 on: December 25, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »

R-Type and Alien Crush on TurboExpress. Good times.
  |    | 

Mishran

« Reply #1876 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »
Was playing MSR on my CoreGrafx CD setup until the player stopped reading the disc. Opened up my Player and saw a tooth was missing on the center gear. ](*,)

Time to bring out the Duo-R.

Dammit Rover! Your game broke my system! :P :wink: :lol:

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #1877 on: December 25, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
Image Fight II and Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu.

NightWolve

« Reply #1878 on: December 26, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
Just got Detana!! Twinbee and Daisenpu Custom recently; and my region-modded Duo that was re-capped + s-video from D-Lite yesterday; so enjoying the hell out of these 2 right now.

I remember that name, D-Lite, so he still does mods but doesn't post around here  ?

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1879 on: December 26, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Break In!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

RoyVegas

« Reply #1880 on: December 26, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »
Played some Aero Blasters last night with my step son.  He's a teen and I had fun showing him how much harder the games we played as kids are compared to the crap they play now. My favorite question that I've heard from any of my kids (I've heard it more than once) usually runs along the lines of "You can only get hit once?!?!?"  :lol:

All is well. :)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #1881 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »
Just got Detana!! Twinbee and Daisenpu Custom recently; and my region-modded Duo that was re-capped + s-video from D-Lite yesterday; so enjoying the hell out of these 2 right now.

I remember that name, D-Lite, so he still does mods but doesn't post around here  ?

He's existing out on the fringe somewhere after burning too many bridges. To his credit, he did try to mend things, but it all just did not work in his favor.

rsa2000

« Reply #1882 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
been playing jb harold murder club with the wife.....  im starting to thing this thing is unfinishable since we have visited everywhere multiple times and talked to everyone over and over...  and i just started y's book 1. not being able to swing the sword really put me off at first but its growing on me.

esteban

« Reply #1883 on: December 26, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
been playing jb harold murder club with the wife.....  im starting to thing this thing is unfinishable since we have visited everywhere multiple times and talked to everyone over and over...  and i just started Ys book 1. not being able to swing the sword really put me off at first but its growing on me.

It totally becomes fun to run into enemies in Ys I & II. I suspect that the sound-effect of the sword is what helps make it satisfying. It's not amazing, by any means, but it is perfect (IMHO).

Anyway, when I was a kid I told my friends that Ys pioneered a sug-genre of the ARPG world: the BUMP 'N' GRIND. Yeah, I thought I was witty. Oh well.

Played some Aero Blasters last night with my step son.  He's a teen and I had fun showing him how much harder the games we played as kids are compared to the crap they play now. My favorite question that I've heard from any of my kids (I've heard it more than once) usually runs along the lines of "You can only get hit once?!?!?"  :lol:

A great game, but challenging.

I wish more games had special stuff for 2-player co-op (there is a special weapon in Aero Blasters!)...pretty kool, if you ask me.

Break In!

WTF? Any good? I think I have this...BILLIARDS....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:46:18 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #1884 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »

Had a similar issue myself come up. The other night while playing some games my son said he wished games they made now were harder like Image Fight II was. He was having a go at it and was having a pretty good time.

NightWolve

« Reply #1885 on: December 26, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »
been playing jb harold murder club with the wife.....  im starting to thing this thing is unfinishable since we have visited everywhere multiple times and talked to everyone over and over...  and i just started Ys book 1. not being able to swing the sword really put me off at first but its growing on me.

It totally becomes fun to run into enemies in Ys I & II. I suspect that the sound-effect of the sword is what helps make it satisfying. It's not amazing, by any means, but it is perfect (IMHO).

Anyway, when I was a kid I told my friends that Ys pioneered a sug-genre of the ARPG world: the BUMP 'N' GRIND. Yeah, I thought I was witty. Oh well.

I always liked the way Steve Harris had put it in his great Ys Book I&II review on RPGFan:
When most Action RPGs have some kind of combat interface, Ys resorts to a sprite based Milli-Vanilli chest bash. Tactically, plotting your ramming trajectory is the key to victory,

;)

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #1886 on: December 26, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
Break In!

i like it, it's relaxing and i can play it while working at home. the music is rad!!!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #1887 on: December 26, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
been playing jb harold murder club with the wife.....  im starting to thing this thing is unfinishable since we have visited everywhere multiple times and talked to everyone over and over...  and i just started Ys book 1. not being able to swing the sword really put me off at first but its growing on me.

I always liked the way Steve Harris had put it in his great Ys Book I&II review on RPGFan:
When most Action RPGs have some kind of combat interface, Ys resorts to a sprite based Milli-Vanilli chest bash. Tactically, plotting your ramming trajectory is the key to victory,

;)

Milli-Vanilli! Any reference to them in a game review is mandatory

Break In!

i like it, it's relaxing and i can play it while working at home. the music is rad!!!

Ha! Music, of course! Go listen to the Fugazi song of the same title whilst playing the game*

UPDATE: *Damn, that is one fine, sophisticated tune.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:20:32 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1888 on: December 27, 2012, 02:19:08 AM »
been playing jb harold murder club with the wife.....  im starting to thing this thing is unfinishable since we have visited everywhere multiple times and talked to everyone over and over...

You must be missing something, as it's definitely beatable.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #1889 on: December 27, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
I just got Klax and have been playing that.  It's a really simple fun addictive game.  I usually don't like puzzle games but this one is really good.  I remember a guy at a store telling me it was one of 2 games he owns for the system and how good it was.