Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91582 times)

turboswimbz

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1980 on: January 15, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »
played and beat Cratermaze on normal difficulty.  Fun little "bomberman style" board collecting game.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

esteban

« Reply #1981 on: January 15, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm playing some Neutopia to pass the time until my turbo tap arrives.  Actually, my 11 year old stepson and I are trading off on it.  But we're switching over to Dungeon Explorer for some 2-player action once the turbo tap gets here.  He finally asked to play since I AV modded my dead RF TG16 and said "man, I thought all this TurboGrafx and Chris Bucci stuff was kinda (makes unimpressed emotes and gestures), but now I see what you mean! It is awesome!".

Thanks, Jazeta.  Score one for the turbobs.  He's super excited to play some other games I've ordered. Alien Crush, Blazing Lasers, and World Class Baseball will soon make their mark on a new generation.  I can't wait until my toddler twins can join in.  If we can twist mom's arm, i won't need friends to pull off 5-man DE and Bomberman parties.  (:

I need to convince my daughter that Dungeon Explorer is as fun as Pop Cutie! Street Fashion Simulation - Nintendo DS. Really.

|    | 

Mishran

« Reply #1982 on: January 16, 2013, 02:41:11 AM »
Finally got around to getting my Duo-R out and replaying MSR. Perhaps I'll finish it before the next turbob game release becomes available. :P

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #1983 on: January 17, 2013, 03:49:09 AM »
STAR PARODIA ALL DAY !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Bardoly

« Reply #1984 on: January 17, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
Got some games in the mail recently from choijimmy in Hong Kong, so I tried out a few of them last night -

Hany in the Sky
!!Youkai Douchuki (Shadow Land)!!
Barunba
Battle Lode Runner

I can't give any of them an A+ rating, but I will give each of them another chance, and I can't give any of them an F- rating either.  They all seemed to be just average games, if a bit difficult.

By the way, choijimmy can get decent deals on PC Engine games, so if there's anything that you're looking for, check with him.

Corredor X

« Reply #1985 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
R-Type II. I can beat the first one without dying, but the second part - the 6th stage, in particular - is still giving me troubles. The PCE version is a little more difficult than the Master System port I grew with, still need to get better in it.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #1986 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »
So I just passed Legendary Axe 2  :P, but what happened at the end. Did he turn into a bad guy? and who is that other guy with the sword?  :-k Or was he the bad guy all along?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:33:04 AM by CPTRAVE »

Bardoly

« Reply #1987 on: January 18, 2013, 12:39:20 AM »
Played some 2-player Splash Lake with my 6-year-old last night, and he and I really enjoyed it.

Nando

« Reply #1988 on: January 18, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »
Played Wataru (Keith Courage,) BomberMan 93 and SF2( I so need a six bttn controller)with my 2yr old, while sick sister and mom were sleeping off the flu. Good times for us, they, well they are still getting better.

roflmao

« Reply #1989 on: January 18, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
Played around with my Flash HuCard today - played some Coryoon, OutRun and some Raiden.  Good times. 

seieienbu

« Reply #1990 on: January 18, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »
R-Type II. I can beat the first one without dying, but the second part - the 6th stage, in particular - is still giving me troubles. The PCE version is a little more difficult than the Master System port I grew with, still need to get better in it.

I played nothing but R Type for over a week, finally beat it.  The whole thing is doable, just took me a long while until I was good enough.  Good luck!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

futureman2000

« Reply #1991 on: January 18, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »

I played nothing but R Type for over a week, finally beat it.  The whole thing is doable, just took me a long while until I was good enough.  Good luck!

Nice job! I don't think I'll ever win R-type (ms or turbo), but I'm comfortable with that.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #1992 on: January 18, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
I am playing Deep Blue.  It isn't as bad as people say it is.  I just wish I could keep my speed upgrades after I get hit though.

rrob78

« Reply #1993 on: January 18, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »
Been playing Alien Crush & New Adventure Island( thanks to RoyVegas)

Corredor X

« Reply #1994 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:48 PM »
I played nothing but R Type for over a week, finally beat it.  The whole thing is doable, just took me a long while until I was good enough.  Good luck!

Thanks!  :D  I think that's the beauty of R-Type, you can feel that it's possible to beat, but you need to be good enough for it. That's a quality some of the best games ever made have, like Megaman 2 or Contra III, for example. But R-Type stays in a very specific place among these games, because unlike the aforementioned, there's no place for errors. You loose one life (and every item you got with it) in some parts of the game and it's almost a Game Over sentence  :mrgreen: