Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91441 times)

vestcoat

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2025 on: January 26, 2013, 06:22:23 AM »
I was just playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu(pce). Great game. I'm on the final stage, and taking a break to go to Chipotle for dinner. :P

EDIT: Just got back from Chipotle and beat this game! It took me much longer to beat the 5 Dragons and the Emperor on the final stage on my other two times I beat this classic. This time, only one try! And Chipotle was delicious as always...

New collecting strategy: 1) beat games 2) find corporate sponsors 3) buy Magical Chase

Bernie

« Reply #2026 on: January 26, 2013, 12:45:09 PM »
I have absolutely no sentimental attachment with Jackie Chan.  If you want it roflmao, get with me.  Its complete with manual and jewel case. 

Bardoly

« Reply #2027 on: January 26, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »
Thanks to Obfuscate, I just got Sapphire in the mail today, and I played it some solo, and some 2-player with my 6-year-old and my 8-year-old.  Playing solo, I got to the last stage on Easy mode.  I definitely plan to play this some more in the very near future.

I have to say that Sapphire really is a good game, and I am well pleased with myself for getting an Arcade Card Duo so as to be able to play it.

Corredor X

« Reply #2028 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:08 AM »
Finally got to play Keith Courage to the end. It was the first USA game I bought to test the region mod of my PCE sometime ago, but just tried it and put it away. Although there's some notable flaws here and there, I think it's a nice game overall. Of course Legendary Axe or the first Bonk would be better choices of a pack-in game for the TG-16 at the time, but I think I would have some fun with it if I had got it from Christmas in 1989   :mrgreen:

Bardoly

« Reply #2029 on: January 27, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
Thanks to Obfuscate, I just got Sapphire in the mail today, and I played it some solo, and some 2-player with my 6-year-old and my 8-year-old.  Playing solo, I got to the last stage on Easy mode.  I definitely plan to play this some more in the very near future.

I have to say that Sapphire really is a good game, and I am well pleased with myself for getting an Arcade Card Duo so as to be able to play it.

Well, I beat Sapphire today on Easy mode with 9 continues  :roll:  with the default blue-haired pilot.  I plan to eventually beat it with all 4 pilots.  Overall, I think that I have to give this a very solid '9' out of 10, with an extra point for being 2-player cooperative, which makes this game a '10' in my book.  I do wish that it had a couple more stages, but then again its only being 5 stages long makes it an easy game to get in and out of pretty easily.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2030 on: January 29, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »
restarted playing Exile: Wicked Phenomenon.
--DragonmasterDan

sonikthehedgehog

« Reply #2031 on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:08 AM »
I beat Last Alert and Dracula X on the same day. Last Alert seemed to drag on. I just kept wanting to get to the bosses to hear what they would say. Glad to say I played through it though. Fun game.

vestcoat

« Reply #2032 on: January 29, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »
Playing some f*ckin WOTES (Warriors of the Eternal Sun). God damn. The game isn't hard, but attaining the higher-level spells or buying the better armor requires hours of grinding. And I'm not talking about grinding on the dance floor, this is grind-your-face-off grinding. I haven't done this much grinding since Ultima Exodus. And then my dwarf got hit by a specter or wraith and lost two levels. For all of the liberties this game takes with the D&D rules, I couldn't believe they kept the hardcore energy drain. More grinding.

Oh shit! NOT TURBO:

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2033 on: January 29, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
Crankin' dat Soulja Blade.  Can't seem to get past Operation 5...
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Bernie

« Reply #2034 on: January 30, 2013, 05:06:05 AM »
Figured I would play Riot Zone this morning on my Duo.  :)

seieienbu

« Reply #2035 on: January 30, 2013, 07:37:10 AM »
that's a mighty sharp picture you have there, how do you have your system connected to your monitor?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bernie

« Reply #2036 on: January 30, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »
Its my LG TV.  I use composite cables hooked to the jacks BlueBMW added to the rear of my Duo.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2037 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Been playing in the past few days Y's Book .. I'm on the 2nd Book right now .. And after I medicate on some of Cali's finest medicinal herbs Ive been playing Parasol Stars and Rainbow Island .. lol that is all ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

chadti99

« Reply #2038 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:37 AM »
Just 100% finished Dracula X with both Maria and Richter.  Excellent game, Konami knew how to make them back in the day.

Now I'm playing through Ys4 again with both english patches applied.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:41:50 AM by chadti99 »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2039 on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:19 AM »
Figured I would play Riot Zone this morning on my Duo.  :)

f*ck yea, Ts Music!!!