Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91631 times)

Bernie

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2040 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:11 AM »
Decided to fire up the Turbo Duo this afternoon, and play some MAKAI PRINCE DORABOCCHAN aka Kid Dracula.  Pretty simple game, but it is a lot of fun.  I found I couldn't put it down, and kept pushing through.  I played through to the 3rd stage, and in that time I found a lot of different paths to take, finding different armors or power ups.  I am sure I have just scratched the surface with it.  The only complaint I have, and its not really a big complaint, is the music..  Its kinda....dull?  Maybe that's not the right word, but it wasn't what I expected.  All in all though, I would say the game is worth the buy.  :) 

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Makai_Prince_Dorabocchan.htm

geise

« Reply #2041 on: February 01, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
Yeah Bernie if it's Naxat it's going to be at least decent.  I've never played a terrible Naxat game.  Makai isn't the greatest but it's not bad either.  For how cheap it is it's worth the pick up.

Obfuscate

« Reply #2042 on: February 01, 2013, 03:35:41 AM »
Figured I would play Riot Zone this morning on my Duo.  :)

Anyone else get pissed everytime they watch the opening cinema when the one guys says to the other he's not going alone because he's going to go with and then you load up and there isn't a 2-player option! This could have been a great game with 2-player and a little less repitition.

geise

« Reply #2043 on: February 01, 2013, 03:53:31 AM »
That was always my biggest gripe with the game.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2044 on: February 01, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Heck yeah When I first played it back in the 90's I was so upset they did not make it a 2 player game.

galam

« Reply #2045 on: February 01, 2013, 12:04:29 PM »
Heck yeah When I first played it back in the 90's I was so upset they did not make it a 2 player game.

They probably did some analysis on how many duo taps were sold and decided to cut 2 player option from scope of development.

tpivette

« Reply #2046 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »
Just finished Ys 3... even though its a huge departure from the original's gameplay (side scrolling action vs overhead RPG), I gotta say it was a really fun game. Much better than Zelda 2 (which I've seen it compared to).

Now on to Cosmic Fantasy 2!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

galam

« Reply #2047 on: February 01, 2013, 02:15:30 PM »
Just finished Ys 3... even though its a huge departure from the original's gameplay (side scrolling action vs overhead RPG), I gotta say it was a really fun game. Much better than Zelda 2 (which I've seen it compared to).

Now on to Cosmic Fantasy 2!

Y's III is great. I recently finished it myself.
CF 2 next???  GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

roflmao

« Reply #2048 on: February 01, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »
I 1CC'd Star Parodier on Normal this evening.  Woo!

What a fun game!  Definitely one of my favorites for the console. 

Then I popped in Ninja Spirit and beat that too.  No pics of that since I feel like I've posted pics of that one before.

It's been a good evening. :D

wallzter

« Reply #2049 on: February 02, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »
Been playing R-type on my Tg-16. Keep getting my butt whooped!!! Is it possible to beat this game without doing the extra credits trick? Has anyone here done it?

esteban

« Reply #2050 on: February 03, 2013, 12:43:48 AM »
Been playing R-type on my Tg-16. Keep getting my butt whooped!!! Is it possible to beat this game without doing the extra credits trick? Has anyone here done it?

STATUS: Yes and yes. However, it took years and I love the stupid game. I also don't have Aspberger's Syndrome (like the folks at various forums who tackle challenging games easily).

MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER: With that said...BE PROUD THAT YOU ARE TACKLING R-TYPE like your average bastard. Take a few years...
  |    | 

wallzter

« Reply #2051 on: February 03, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »
I'm now determined to beat it and do it in less time then you did Esteban!

Bardoly

« Reply #2052 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
Played some Avenger today and could only get to the third stage boss.  It's not too difficult, but I'm just having a problem finding my 'groove' with this game for some reason.  I'm going to keep at it though.

seieienbu

« Reply #2053 on: February 04, 2013, 03:02:38 AM »

I beat it for the first time about a month ago.  It's doable, just hard.

Started playing Tricky Kick, seems fun.  I don't know how far I'll get, I generally give up on puzzle games like this before I finish them.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2054 on: February 04, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
Just played Devils Crush for the first time today.  I'm not into pinball but holy shit this game is AWESOME!!!!