Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91608 times)

RainMaker

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2085 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59:29 AM »
Just got my Duo back from having a full re capped and s video installed by Keith courage. So I'm playing all of my games again in beautiful s video. Thanks Keith.

seieienbu

« Reply #2086 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
Just started Dragon Slayer.  I've been wanting to play it for a long time.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

roflmao

« Reply #2087 on: February 19, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Got Dungeon Explorer II (PCE) and Salamander in the mail today so I've been playing those.  Woot!

turbokon

« Reply #2088 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Thanks to vestcoat raffle, I've been playing physic storm. Excellent game, excellent soundtrack. Made it to the boss of the third stage.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Obfuscate

« Reply #2089 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:22 AM »
I've been playing through all my favorite shooters one last time this winter before spring arrives:

Soldier Blade
Nexzr
Lords of Thunder
Rayxanber 2
Gate of Thunder
Image Fight 2

seieienbu

« Reply #2090 on: February 21, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »
Played more Dragonslayer.  I'm hoping to find time to beat it this weekend.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

lukester

« Reply #2091 on: February 21, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »
Playing through some Bonk's Adventure and Keith Courage. Bonk is amazing. Keith is ok at best.

Bardoly

« Reply #2092 on: February 22, 2013, 06:07:43 AM »
I've been playing through all my favorite shooters one last time this winter before spring arrives:

Soldier Blade
Nexzr
Lords of Thunder
Rayxanber 2
Gate of Thunder
Image Fight 2

So, "playing through" means beating them.  Right?
A couple of these are relatively difficult, and I haven't beaten them yet, so I'm curious.

For me, I beat Bomberman last night.  Really a good game even in single-player story mode.

Bardoly

« Reply #2093 on: February 23, 2013, 03:21:28 AM »
I recently played through and beat Bomberman, and here's my comment that I posted on PCE Daisakusen!

Ah, Bomberman!  This one is a bit tough to rate, just because this game is the pioneer for the great Bomberman series, and as such, it's not as polished as later incarnations.  I still had a fun time playing the multi-player battle mode and beating the story mode.  (Even though, if you're going to play multi-player Bomberman, you might as well play the newer versions (Bomberman '93 and/or Bomberman '94 if you have them available.)  I do wish that the story mode had the option of 2-player simultaneous gameplay, like some of the newer versions, but for a first try, this game really is pretty good.  I rate it as a very solid 9 out of 10, of which 1-2 points are simply for it having some fun multi-player capability.

Carparama

« Reply #2094 on: February 23, 2013, 03:27:51 AM »
My dad is almost 70 and will play Bomberman from 1-1 to 8-8 with no passwords.  Sometimes he can't beat it, but I'm always so impressed.

Obfuscate

« Reply #2095 on: February 23, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »

Soldier Blade
Nexzr
Lords of Thunder
Rayxanber 2
Gate of Thunder
Image Fight 2

So, "playing through" means beating them.  Right?
A couple of these are relatively difficult, and I haven't beaten them yet, so I'm curious.

Yes, I meant playing through as in beating the games. The only one I can't 1CC is Rayxanber 2 but have come very close. I put a lot of time in all these games, if you get stuck on a spot I could probably help.

Bernie

« Reply #2096 on: February 23, 2013, 04:10:14 AM »
My dad is almost 70 and will play Bomberman from 1-1 to 8-8 with no passwords.  Sometimes he can't beat it, but I'm always so impressed.

Damn!!  That is saying something right there.  I dont have the patience to sit through it in one sitting!!

Bardoly

« Reply #2097 on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:48 AM »
In addition to Bomberman, I also played through Aero Blasters with a friend the last couple of days and enjoyed it, although it was on the difficult side.

Here's my comment that I posted on PCE Daisakusen!

Aero Blasters - As others have said, this horizontal shoot-'em-up is rather difficult - especially in the later stages. Playing this game with a partner does help through most of the game, but we found that the last stage was easier for one player than for two, because of all of the running-into-the-wall deaths which sucked up all of your shared continues. That said, with the 9 credit code and/or the 'level select' code, this game become much more playable. I rated this as a '9' out of 10, because I REALLY enjoy simultaneous multi-player games.

Carparama

« Reply #2098 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
That's a game I haven't played a ton of.  Nicely done.

When I bring the physical game home tomorrow, what should be the first game I play?

Keith Courage (It was the first game I touched, and really thought it was fun.  I was pretty young though.  I've never beaten it.)
World Class Baseball (As much as I enjoyed Keith Courage, I really loved this Baseball game.  I can still play it and enjoy it today.)
Bonk's Adventure (When my dad brought this home, I was super pumped.  Fell in love with it, and Bonk is still my favourite character today.)
Bonk's Revenge (Probably the best game ever on the system.  Played through it to show my girlfriend how great it was.)
Yo'Bro (I don't remember when I got it, but I love the fact I appear to be the only person in the world to love it.)
Gunboat (I remember buying this and being told not to by the shopkeep.  I will never make that mistake again.  I keep trying it every couple of years to see if I'll like it.  I never do.)
TaleSpin (I asked for a new game for Christmas and my dad got me this, plus a Super Nintendo.  I would continue to play both, but my dad played the TG16 more because of Bomberman.  Until my sister broke it...)
CyberCore (I was never any good at shooters, but when my older sister had this and Deep Blue, she gave them to me, and I really liked this game.)
Deep Blue (Worst game on any system.  Pick it, and I'll be sad.)
Blazing Lazers (My newest game I didn't even remember I had.  Never appreciated it, or really tried it when I got the system from Value Village, and I totally should have.)

Leaning toward Blazing Lazers, but I think I'll let the lady play it first.  Hmmm.

tpivette

« Reply #2099 on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:03 AM »
My vote goes to Blazing Lazers... when my parents bought me a Turbo for Christmas back in '89, I also got Blazing Lazers along with the system. Played that and Keith Courage for months, but BL was my favorite between the two. It's an awesome shooter, especially considering it was a first year release for the system.

I'm currently looking for Super Star Soldier, which almost looks like an unofficial sequel to BL. Can't wait to play that one...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate