Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91733 times)

Bardoly

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2100 on: February 23, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
That's a game I haven't played a ton of.  Nicely done.

When I bring the physical game home tomorrow, what should be the first game I play?

Keith Courage (It was the first game I touched, and really thought it was fun.  I was pretty young though.  I've never beaten it.)
World Class Baseball (As much as I enjoyed Keith Courage, I really loved this Baseball game.  I can still play it and enjoy it today.)
Bonk's Adventure (When my dad brought this home, I was super pumped.  Fell in love with it, and Bonk is still my favourite character today.)
Bonk's Revenge (Probably the best game ever on the system.  Played through it to show my girlfriend how great it was.)
Yo'Bro (I don't remember when I got it, but I love the fact I appear to be the only person in the world to love it.)
Gunboat (I remember buying this and being told not to by the shopkeep.  I will never make that mistake again.  I keep trying it every couple of years to see if I'll like it.  I never do.)
TaleSpin (I asked for a new game for Christmas and my dad got me this, plus a Super Nintendo.  I would continue to play both, but my dad played the TG16 more because of Bomberman.  Until my sister broke it...)
CyberCore (I was never any good at shooters, but when my older sister had this and Deep Blue, she gave them to me, and I really liked this game.)
Deep Blue (Worst game on any system.  Pick it, and I'll be sad.)
Blazing Lazers (My newest game I didn't even remember I had.  Never appreciated it, or really tried it when I got the system from Value Village, and I totally should have.)

Leaning toward Blazing Lazers, but I think I'll let the lady play it first.  Hmmm.

My vote goes to Bonk's Adventure, because it feels like it ought to have been the pack-in game rather than Keith Courage.  Then move on to a shoot-'em-up.

roflmao

« Reply #2101 on: February 23, 2013, 01:33:43 PM »
Yeah, I agree with Bardoly. While, over time, Blazing Lazers is probably technically the standout game of the bunch, Bonk's Adventure really encapsulates what the Turbografx-16 was bitd.  There's a special connection the hardware has with Bonk's Adventure.  It's magical.

Carparama

« Reply #2102 on: February 23, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »
Bonk's Adventure for me and Blazing Lazers for the lady. I tested both systems and all twelve games and everything is good but my dad's old TV is dead so I need to get him a new small one. Haha. So pumped.

tpivette

« Reply #2103 on: February 23, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
Tried to beat Dirth again in Neutopia 2 and got stomped. I use up one potion just getting to him, and I guess the remaining one isn't enough for me to win. Gotta polish my skills I suppose.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bardoly

« Reply #2104 on: February 23, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
The family played several hours of 5-player Bomberman '93 tonight and had a lot of fun.

...That reminds me that I really need to go ahead and get a copy of Bomberman '94 one of these days...

Carparama

« Reply #2105 on: February 24, 2013, 03:44:54 AM »
Just beat Bonk's Adventure this morning. Such a wonderful game. :D

Dyna138

« Reply #2106 on: February 24, 2013, 04:13:30 AM »
Even though I like Keith Courage, Bonks Adventure or even Legendary Axe would have made better pack-ins. For shooters I would say R-Type over Blazing Lazers for a pack-in just for that arcade "wow" factor even though I like Blazing Lazers more.

roflmao

« Reply #2107 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28:45 AM »
I've been on a Gradius kick this weekend.  I was chatting about it on FB recently so I made a quick gameplay video to show it to a buddy.  I made it a handful of levels in before resorting to the Konami Code and still took a beating. :)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #2108 on: February 24, 2013, 11:23:28 AM »

seieienbu

« Reply #2109 on: February 24, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
I've had Valis 2 on my shelf since 19 something.  I should get around to beating it someday...

Nice job, Prof.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #2110 on: February 24, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
I've had Valis 2 on my shelf since 19 something.  I should get around to beating it someday...

Nice job, Prof.

Its worth a playthrough for sure. I beat the game before, both the PCE and US release, but it was quite a few years back, so I wanted to play through it again for old times sake since this was one of my fav cd titles. Really never got the hate or lack of appreciation towards this one, as it is a pretty solid action game. Music is great, story is solid, power ups good, large enemy variety, and sprite details and over all color palette are very good. To add to that the sprites are nice and large and most animate well in their own respects. Game controls a little loose, but not bad by any means as it does make Yuko very responsive at least. Easily a B- type title and a good showing for early solid cd-rom efforts.

-D-

« Reply #2111 on: February 25, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »
Still stuck on Raiden, got to the last level multiple times; think/hope I might be able to beat it soon.  It's pretty damn hard.

Just ordered:
Gradius
R-Type (US)
Super Star Soldier
Ordyne (US)
Barunba
Super Darius

Bardoly

« Reply #2112 on: February 25, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
Played some Cyber Cross tonight for about 15 minutes.  I'll get it back out the next time my friend is over, since he likes beat-'em-ups.  It was rather so-so for me.

RoyVegas

« Reply #2113 on: February 25, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Kicking back and playing some Dragon Spirit with one of my sons. Good times!
All is well. :)

Bardoly

« Reply #2114 on: February 25, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
In addition to trying out Cyber Cross for the first time tonight, I also tried out Doraemon Nobita no Dorabian Nights.  It's actually quite good, and I ended up playing it for an hour or so.  It also looks like something that my boys will like, so I'll play it with them next time.