Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91676 times)

VenomMacbeth

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2130 on: March 03, 2013, 09:21:55 AM »
Just played my best game ever on Darius Plus.  I got all the way to tough spring before I game over'd. x_x
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

psychobear

« Reply #2131 on: March 03, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
Playing Riot Zone last night, the bad characters have the best names ever in a game haha, sucks its only 1 player but still good.

-D-

« Reply #2132 on: March 03, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
Just played my best game ever on Darius Plus.  I got all the way to tough spring before I game over'd. x_x

Hey, noticed your Raden picture, and I've been wondering: how does the Genesis Raiden Trad hold up?  I have TG-16 Raiden and SNES Raiden Trad, and I can't help but notice that the SNES port plays & feels like a complete turd compared to the TG-16 version.  But the TG-16 version doesn't have multiplayer; does the Genesis version?  Also, is the version on RP arcade perfect?  And how does it compared to the TG-16 version in terms of difficulty?  Sorry for the barrage of questions, but any answers would be appreciated.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #2133 on: March 03, 2013, 06:37:34 PM »
Genesis port of Raiden is about on par with the Snes. The TG-16 port is the best of the 16-bit ports basically.

Macross 2036 cleared:

Also played some more Dungeon Explorer II today. Stopped when I got to the Village of Sef.

Obfuscate

« Reply #2134 on: March 03, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »

Macross 2036 cleared:

Now that you cleared it, do you still consider it "meh"? I personally really enjoy Macross 2036.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #2135 on: March 04, 2013, 03:10:15 AM »

Macross 2036 cleared:

Now that you cleared it, do you still consider it "meh"? I personally really enjoy Macross 2036.

Yeah I do. In fact, in some spots I think worse of it then before. There are quite a few cheap areas in the game that are not easily defend-able due to the color scheme of the enemies and how they pop up on screen. And you couple that with areas near the end of the game where they have you for brief periods trying to defend yourself with enemies posted behind you (especially when the screen scrolls in reverse), and this in itself will be a huge issue if you don't have the right special weapon.

The fact that it forces you to choose a different special weapon at every stage continue and start of every new stage I feel is still retarded as hell. To be honest in fact, you shouldn't even be having to go through all that bullshit to begin with. The special weapons should have just been dolled out as power ups during stages. I guess they wanted to copy Area 88 or whatever. Also, as bad ass as the last boss looks visually, he has only two attack abilities, robot snake thing, and nerve vine like things. The former can be pretty cheap since it will stalk you and its rather large and not always easy to avoid, while the later vine attack crap is super easy to avoid since it has a limit on how far it can reach. Thats what I would call a pretty unbalanced last boss battle.

I do like the music, along with some of the boss designs visually, and sound effects, but yeah, I still feel meh about this game. I'm not sure if I will play it again, or trade it off or something. It's like a C- title to me. Not terrible, but not great either by any means.

EDIT: I should note, it had been over 6 months since I originally played the game band posted about my prior experience. Due to that I felt I needed to give it one more go, so yeah, beat it on the 2nd outing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:14:11 AM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2136 on: March 04, 2013, 03:20:03 AM »
Ive been playing Castlevania Rondo Of Blood with the English text .. I already went through the game once and now I'm working on completing all the hidden areas with Maria .. I absolutely love all the music on this game and the actual game play is super fun and easy to play .. This game is just too awesome !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Obfuscate

« Reply #2137 on: March 04, 2013, 03:54:24 AM »
The fact that it forces you to choose a different special weapon at every stage continue and start of every new stage I feel is still retarded as hell.

Also, as bad ass as the last boss looks visually, he has only two attack abilities, robot snake thing, and nerve vine like things. The former can be pretty cheap since it will stalk you and its rather large and not always easy to avoid, while the later vine attack crap is super easy to avoid since it has a limit on how far it can reach. Thats what I would call a pretty unbalanced last boss battle.

I do wish I could re-use some sub weapons on multiple stages but seems that certain ones that unlock around the level you need them are the ones that work best anyway. Play the hard mode and you are forced to use inferior sub weapons since you won't have enough points to get the right ones. I'd agree the last boss is pretty shitty and is personally the only major beef I have with the game.

It's not in my best of the best PCE shooters but I personally really enjoy the game.

chadti99

« Reply #2138 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:22 AM »
Ive been playing Castlevania Rondo Of Blood with the English text .. I already went through the game once and now I'm working on completing all the hidden areas with Maria .. I absolutely love all the music on this game and the actual game play is super fun and easy to play .. This game is just too awesome !!

I actually prefer to play as Maria!

Bardoly

« Reply #2139 on: March 04, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »

I actually prefer to play as Maria!

I know what you mean.  Playing as Maria just seems a bit more fun (and is easier) than playing as Richter, even though playing as a 12-year-old girl in a pink dress in a 'horror' setting does seem to be a bit strange.

seieienbu

« Reply #2140 on: March 08, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »
Playing Order of the Griffon.  I'm making a map on graph paper as I go, this place is confusing!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Carparama

« Reply #2141 on: March 09, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »
Graph paper, eh?  Interesting!  I started a new file on Ys for the first time, and woooooah.  Interesting battle controls.  Never played anything where you have to walk into the enemies.  :)

Wanted to play today, but the girlfriend is on a hero-run on Alien Crush and is about to break 67 million with two balls left.

esteban

« Reply #2142 on: March 10, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »
Never played anything where you have to walk into the enemies.  :)

Comrade, you don't merely walk into your opponents, you RAM into them.

|    | 

Gladiator316

« Reply #2143 on: March 10, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
Playing lords of thunder...a bit easier than Gate....that last level of gate just brings my piss to a boil ](*,)
93/94 TurboChips

tpivette

« Reply #2144 on: March 10, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »
Just picked up Exile over the weekend, and haven't been able to put it down for the last two days. It kind of combines top down elements from an RPG during town and overworld exploration, with side scrolling Cadash-like action when traversing dungeons. Wonder if Wicked Phenomenon is just as good.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate