Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91554 times)

EvilEvoIX

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2160 on: March 14, 2013, 05:47:22 AM »
I just picked up a TG16 last week.  Never owned one but I did have a Turbo Express as a Kid until it was stolen by a friend.... :-s

1. I just beat Bonks Adventure, too easy and just walked through it the first time I ever played it, found decent amount of secrets too.
2.  I LOVE Legendary AX II, getting far, what a great game and great music.
3.  Legendary AX I is hard as nails but slogging along
4.  Bravoman is not as bad as advertised but still enjoy it somewhat
5.  Victory Run to me is like a serious out run.  The Cars scaling look really good, possibly better then Mega Drive Outrun.  The game is kinda cheap but them's the breaks I guess, broke my top gear and was just a walking dead in 3rd gear till the time ran out.

6.  Double Dungeons, I have no idea what is going on here, how do you attack without getting killed?  I can't even pass the 1st level.
7.  Bonks Revenge I'll run through, love the Grafx but just needs parallax badly.  I suck at the bonus levels they are the hardest part of the game
8.  Alien Crush is very fun, wishing I had Devils Crush
9.  Drop Off I played for like five seconds.  I don't get it.  Silly game based on story alone.
10. Ninja Spirit is a fun game, kinda hard but maybe I am just not used to it yet.
11. Keith Courage, who thought this was a good idea?  What a terrible pack in game, such mediocrity it hurts.
12. To the Hoop, I am sure it is a fine game but I just watched the Demo, I such at sports games.
13. Power Golf, this actually looks good.  I played a round and got a 12.
14. Blazing Lasers, the most graphically impressive game.  Really impressive and the SNES could never run this much crap.  The Mega Drive could but not as colorful, a true console definer that waves it's superiority in the face of "lesser" consoles who can't pull it off.  Reminds me of ALPHA MISSION 2 on my Neo Geo.

I agree with many of your initial thoughts.

I will simply say...

LA II is indeed awesome.

LA I isn't as hard as it seems, but there are certainly some challenging parts. There are parts you can run through, but other parts where you should slow down.

I have never been able to enjoy Bravoman, but that's because I don't want to play it more than a few minutes. I'm hopeful that the game might actually provide a modicum of entertainment, but...

I like Victory Run, and you'll find that stocking key parts adds an awesome (at times frustrating) layer of strategy. I JUST WISH THERE WAS A BETTER VARIETY OF VEHICLES and "nighttime" wasn't so dark (depends on television settings).

Don't give up on Double Dungeons. It's a nice little game that (depending on your tastes) can start to grow on you.

Ninja Spirit is fun. For a real challenge (ha!) there is a ONE-HIT-DEATH mode (PCE mode)...the North American version is more forgiving.

BLAZING LAZERS MUSIC IS FRIGGIN' AWESOME.

I have been playing the PCE mode on ninja Spirit, I need to change those settings.  Also how do you repair stuff on the Fly in Victory Run?  When I lose a gear then what?

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2161 on: March 14, 2013, 05:48:32 AM »
DAMN, I SO LOVE HUGE & ANIMATED SIGS!! MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HOME SWEET HOME!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

RoyVegas

« Reply #2162 on: March 14, 2013, 05:51:27 AM »
Sarcasm
All is well. :)

Tatsujin

« Reply #2163 on: March 16, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »
lol, how about both of it?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2164 on: March 16, 2013, 10:21:17 PM »
spurattuhausu!!!!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2165 on: March 17, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: EvilEvoIX, I turn off signatures (go to profile-->settings), so I haven't seen your FRIGGIN' HUGE ABOMINATION of a signature image. Now, I joke about lots of stuff, but huge signatures are simply the most obnoxious thing in the cosmos. It clutters up a conversation with banality. Comrade, we want you to stay. But your BEHEMOTH sig images can stay on your local harddrive.

Was I harsh? Probably. I rarely am harsh. This alone reveals how irksome the billboard-cum-signature epidemic is.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

|    | 

SuperPlay

« Reply #2166 on: March 17, 2013, 03:19:19 AM »
Totally having my ass whacked on Zero Wing.  Oh my god I suck at shooters ;-)

SuperPlay

« Reply #2167 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:42 AM »
Hey I have made it to stage 2 LOL

roflmao

« Reply #2168 on: March 17, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
I managed to 1CC Star Parodier on Normal difficulty today while my DVD recorder was going. :)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD98160D5F6CD3410

Bardoly

« Reply #2169 on: March 17, 2013, 06:36:05 PM »
Played through the first 25 levels or so of Chew Man-Fu recently.  This was the very first time that I had ever played Chew Man-Fu, and I enjoyed it, although the whole pushing/pulling the ball around is a little tricky to learn - not difficult per se, just a little odd at first.

geise

« Reply #2170 on: March 17, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
I finally got in an hour of pc-engine/turbo playing this weekend.  I mainly played Alien Crush.  After all these years I still suck at it but still love it.  It's one of those games you can always just pick up and play.

tpivette

« Reply #2171 on: March 18, 2013, 12:44:21 PM »
Finally cleared Magical Chase on the "bumpy" setting. Also managed to finish Exile this weekend.

Super Star Soldier's stage 4 boss is still kicking my ass :cry:
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

galam

« Reply #2172 on: March 18, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
Tried dungeon explorer for the first time in my life today.

turboswimbz

« Reply #2173 on: March 18, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »

ANDDDDD... did you feel the awesomeness?  I do enjoy me some DE
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

galam

« Reply #2174 on: March 18, 2013, 02:09:56 PM »

ANDDDDD... did you feel the awesomeness?  I do enjoy me some DE

Yeah, really enjoyed it.  I know it's always referred to as a Guantlet clone, but I beg to differ.  It actually feels pretty unique.  Killing the spawning "waves" and thier source is gauntlet-esque, but it's so much more than that.  In Gauntlet, the enemies are just grunts set to "chase", which isn't entirely unlike DE, but in DE there is a sense of satisfaction in killing them I felt.  The "lite" role-playing elements seem like a great implementation since I am assuming it doesn't get too serious.  I played it for about 30 minutes, so you can imagine how far I got, especially since it was my first time, but I can't wait to jump into it for a true session.  You can obiviously tell it's a bit primitive, but I don't know of another game that mixes these elements as seamless as DE appears to (so far).