Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91586 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2205 on: April 01, 2013, 05:48:29 AM »
Nope, Just get stuck, that's it.  I can break the bricks above my head and then I can't get out.  I am just stuck and suicide obviously doesn't work as just wake up again in the same spot.

Perhaps you have to bonk off the edge when you jump up to get out?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2206 on: April 06, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
Playing Exile for the first time!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

turboswimbz

« Reply #2207 on: April 07, 2013, 01:25:26 AM »
Playing Exile for the first time!

EXCELLENT!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2208 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:51 AM »
Samurai Ghost.  It doesn`t  seem so bad so far.  Once you get used to the sword mechanics it`s not so bad.  It`s a lot better then Genpei Toumaden 2 that`s for sure!

esteban

« Reply #2209 on: April 07, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »
Samurai Ghost.  It doesn`t  seem so bad so far.  Once you get used to the sword mechanics it`s not so bad.  It`s a lot better then Genpei Toumaden 2 that`s for sure!

I used to praise this game to encourage folks to play it, but it hasn't really come up in conversation too much these past few years.

I agree: once you take a few moments to read the manual and learn the mechanics (of blocking/parrying and different offensive options) then the game is totally a blast to play. There are times to charge aggressively (parrying), whilst at other times a more careful advance is in your best interests. Plus, jumping over the red gates (at the end of levels) opens up a bit of mystery/strategy: what is the best path to follow? Where do the different gates go?

Excellent reflexes are a must for Samurai Ghost.

LOVE THE DAMN GAME.

|    | 

Jordan

« Reply #2210 on: April 10, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
Bonk's Adventure. I am stuck at the monent but it's nothing that a little persistence will not fix.

Bardoly

« Reply #2211 on: April 10, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
Lords of Thunder

I still can't beat it.  :(

roflmao

« Reply #2212 on: April 10, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »
Dragon's Curse.  Great game, but I feel I need large chunks of time to make any progress in it.  Soooo much exploration.  That's a good thing, I just wish I had more time. :)  The music is fantastic!

Bardoly

« Reply #2213 on: April 11, 2013, 06:44:01 AM »
Dragon's Curse.  Great game, but I feel I need large chunks of time to make any progress in it.  Soooo much exploration.  That's a good thing, I just wish I had more time. :)  The music is fantastic!

Keep playing!  The exploration thing got me a bit at the beginning, but later the game feels a bit more linear.  It's a great game, though, so keep at it!

seieienbu

« Reply #2214 on: April 11, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »

I played it for the first time recently.  It was great, I think it took me a couple of weeks to get through it. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2215 on: April 12, 2013, 01:33:38 AM »
For some masochistic reason, I've been trudging through Double Dungeon. It's easy to play while not paying attention (while the TV is on). I'm mapping out the mazes old school style to get the full effect. The game is so dull...get 400 gold, get sword and armor, grind to level 13-14 and beat boss. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea WHY this was released ...I have NO idea why I'm playing it?!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2216 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:24 AM »
For some masochistic reason, I've been trudging through Double Dungeon. It's easy to play while not paying attention (while the TV is on). I'm mapping out the mazes old school style to get the full effect. The game is so dull...get 400 gold, get sword and armor, grind to level 13-14 and beat boss. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea WHY this was released ...I have NO idea why I'm playing it?!

It's more fun with two players.  Romping about in dungeons, getting lost, figuring out where each other are.  Fighting each other, double teaming bosses....  I have had GREAT times playing this with friends!!

galam

« Reply #2217 on: April 12, 2013, 03:36:32 AM »

It's more fun with two players.  Romping about in dungeons, getting lost, figuring out where each other are.  Fighting each other, double teaming bosses....  I have had GREAT times playing this with friends!!

I go to this game quite a bit on my TE.  Yes, very basic, but harks back to the good 'ol days.

Nando

« Reply #2218 on: April 12, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »
Super Star Soldier. Can't say that I've been doing all that great in it...but I'm addicted. 

Nando

« Reply #2219 on: April 12, 2013, 08:29:03 AM »
Lords of Thunder

I still can't beat it.  :(

Ditto :(