Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91479 times)

galam

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »

Gemineyetwin

« Reply #2221 on: April 13, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
Neutopia.  I just finished GoTzenDiener, but had to play it on the PC Engine since I don't own the CD player for the Turbo Grafx yet.

RoyVegas

« Reply #2222 on: April 13, 2013, 05:03:06 PM »
Played the first four dungeons myself in Double Dungeons and have really been enjoying it. No need to map out the dungeons, just stick to a right hand or left hand wall and it will take you everywhere you need to be (in theory).
All is well. :)

esteban

« Reply #2223 on: April 14, 2013, 07:20:21 AM »
For some masochistic reason, I've been trudging through Double Dungeon. It's easy to play while not paying attention (while the TV is on). I'm mapping out the mazes old school style to get the full effect. The game is so dull...get 400 gold, get sword and armor, grind to level 13-14 and beat boss. Rinse and repeat. I have no idea WHY this was released ...I have NO idea why I'm playing it?!

It's more fun with two players.  Romping about in dungeons, getting lost, figuring out where each other are.  Fighting each other, double teaming bosses....  I have had GREAT times playing this with friends!!

I go to this game quite a bit on my TE.  Yes, very basic, but harks back to the good 'ol days.

majors! It's appeal is, as joshua pointed out, in the straightforward hack-n-grind (especially with another person). It's fun to abandon your partner and then, when one (or both) of you get into trouble, the drama builds as you call out to each other and try to get your bearings. It's simplicity is an asset . I recommend playing your favorite vinyl LP's whilst playing Double Dungeons. Seriously.

As a solo game...well, I've had fun with it. But, as noted below, I get a bit obsessive with playing every crevice, every nook, every cranny in a game.

Played the first four dungeons myself in Double Dungeons and have really been enjoying it. No need to map out the dungeons, just stick to a right hand or left hand wall and it will take you everywhere you need to be (in theory).

The later levels get a little wacky and to keep peace-of-mind, I felt better mapping it out (I like to complete 99%-100% of what a game offers, so, yeah, I'll search every room and corridor. Folks who aren't OBSESSIVE, ANAL like me probably have an easier time, of course.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:25:51 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2224 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:41 AM »
magical chase pce version :D
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Karkilan

« Reply #2225 on: April 15, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »
Playing Lords of Thunder atm. Next RPG will be my new copy of Exile: Wicked Phenomenon.

Bardoly

« Reply #2226 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »
Playing Lords of Thunder atm. Next RPG will be my new copy of Exile: Wicked Phenomenon.

Hey, welcome to Pcenginefx!  I just noticed that you are new here.

I've been playing Lords of Thunder myself as I've found time in the last three weeks, but I still haven't been able to beat it.  :(

EDIT:  I played some more Lords of Thunder tonight, and I still couldn't beat it.   ](*,). So I then played some Startling Odyssey II.

EDIT:  I played some 2-player Buster Bros. tonight with my sister.  Then I played some more Startling Odyssey II.  (My Duo is struggling with this CDR, so we'll just have to see if it'll make it all the way through...  I'm really wanting a pressed copy of this English-translated version about now...)

Jordan

« Reply #2227 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:01 AM »

EDIT:  I played some 2-player Buster Bros. tonight with my sister. 

That was fun!

I've been playing Neutopia today. :dance: I was told it was like the original Zelda, and it does remind me of Zelda. This is a good thing, since I'm in love with Zelda. Zelda: A Link to the Past is my fav. Though I've been playing Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom and that's fun.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2228 on: April 18, 2013, 08:21:59 AM »
Pomping World, Drop Rock HoraHora, Knight Rider Special and Cotton
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #2229 on: April 18, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »
Tiger Road and Son Son 2 all up in this bitch.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

whisper2053

« Reply #2230 on: April 18, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
Slowly working my way through Dragon Slayer. Grinding for goodness!

esadajr

« Reply #2231 on: April 18, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
GOT 3 in 1
Gaming since 1985

galam

« Reply #2232 on: April 18, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
Giving cyber core a run.

roflmao

« Reply #2233 on: April 18, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
Giving cyber core a run.

The soundtrack is somewhat annoying yet strangely addicting.  This one grows on you.  It's not a top-tier shootie, but it has a certain undeniable charm.

Bardoly

« Reply #2234 on: April 18, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I haven't played Neutopia in 15+ years, but since I encouraged my sister to give it a try, I decided to play it again.  I beat the first two labyrinths and got most of the way through the third one before have to put it up for the night.  Maybe my sister and I will race to see who will beat it first.