Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91736 times)

galam

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2250 on: April 23, 2013, 02:49:07 AM »
Just bustin' balls.

Made me chuckle.  I think everybody is aware I wouldn't give magical chase 30 minutes.

:wink:

RoyVegas

« Reply #2251 on: April 23, 2013, 06:16:22 AM »
Was totally going to play some Devil's Crush last night but one of my sons hogged the controller...

(Ok, so really he asked me if we could play some Turbo and I just ended up watching him play.  He did offer the controller several times but I was getting too much of a kick watching him play.)

I'm just glad my kids have taken an interest in it too.  It's great to share something with your kids that's special to you from your childhood. But not only share it, to have them enjoy it just as much as you do.  Surely it wouldn't be the same if I had to duck tape them to the chair. 
All is well. :)

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2252 on: April 23, 2013, 06:59:14 AM »
I played and almost beat Bonk's Adventure last night.

I managed to hook up my gaming set up in my apartment so I was a busy boy trying everything out :)

Nando

« Reply #2253 on: April 23, 2013, 07:52:19 AM »
Surely it wouldn't be the same if I had to duck tape them to the chair. 

BWAHAHAHHAHAH

Sapphire and Winds of Thunder...sigh. I'm finally on lvl 2 in Sapphire. I can get up to the fourth boss in Winds and then I get ANNIHILATED! 

esteban

« Reply #2254 on: April 25, 2013, 12:47:46 AM »
Quote from: RoyVegas link=topic=4765.msg293326#msg293326 date

I'm just glad my kids have taken an interest in it too.  It's great to share something with your kids that's special to you from your childhood. But not only share it, to have them enjoy it just as much as you do.

:) AB. SO. LUTELY.
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #2255 on: April 25, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »
I just got Mystic Formula in today, and I popped it in and tried it out and it seemed okay.  Then, a little while later, my friend and I decided to play it as 2-player simultaneous.  We enjoyed it so much, that we went ahead and played it all the way through and beat the game.  We really enjoyed it.  It's basically an overhead run-'n-gun similar to Pocky & Rocky for the SNES (or Kiki KaiKai for the PC Engine), The Chaos Engine/Soldiers of Fortune, or the overhead levels of some of the Contra games.  If you enjoy this style of game, then I definitely recommend that you get this game, even if it's a titch pricey.

You have a choice of 4 different characters to play as, and each has different stats (speed, strength, etc...) and a different weapon with different powerup trees.  For example one character, the green-haired girl has a homing flamethrower which is slow at first, but as it powers up, it can shoot faster and faster, while the blue-haired guy's laser upgrades from a single beam to multiple beams.  You can even change characters when you continue if you like.  You also have a straffing button with which to lock your firing in one direction only (think shooting to the left while walking to the right), and you have bombs magical scrolls which damage or destroy everything on the screen.

whisper2053

« Reply #2256 on: April 26, 2013, 02:38:09 AM »
Ys Book I :D

Kamikazi'ing demons for fun and profit! CHAAAAAARRRRRGE :D

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2257 on: April 26, 2013, 03:33:48 AM »
I was playing some JJ and Jeff last night but I couldn't take much more of the punishment.... barely got to the level 2 boss
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esadajr

« Reply #2258 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
Just tried Sapphy a couple of days ago. Good stuff. Other than that, I've playing a lot of Bomberman '93 until '94 arrives.
Gaming since 1985

DesmondThe3rd

« Reply #2259 on: April 26, 2013, 11:40:56 PM »
I just got the Japanese version of Air Zonk just to compare the two. Still a great game but what's the deal with Zonk and Moo Moo turning into a trannie when their powers compine?

esteban

« Reply #2260 on: April 27, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »
I just got the Japanese version of Air Zonk just to compare the two. Still a great game but what's the deal with Zonk and Moo Moo turning into a trannie when their powers compine?

It is a symbolic statement of support for the LGBT community and their struggle to obtain equal rights.

I, for one, am proud that Air Zonk takes a progressive political stance on this issue.

|    | 

whisper2053

« Reply #2261 on: April 27, 2013, 07:06:09 PM »
Just finished playing 1943 Kai, actually. The National Anthem playing at the end is...stirring :D

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2262 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:38 AM »
I've been playing Dead Moon.  It's actually pretty good :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #2263 on: April 28, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »

It keeps it faithful to the PC Genjin games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

whisper2053

« Reply #2264 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »
I am trying to puzzle out Aero Blasters now. A very crazy game...