Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91454 times)

Bardoly

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2265 on: April 28, 2013, 12:24:07 PM »
I am trying to puzzle out Aero Blasters now. A very crazy game...

Please elaborate.  I found parts of it to be very hard, if that's what you mean?

geise

« Reply #2266 on: April 28, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
I just got the Japanese version of Air Zonk just to compare the two. Still a great game but what's the deal with Zonk and Moo Moo turning into a trannie when their powers compine?

It is a symbolic statement of support for the LGBT community and their struggle to obtain equal rights.

I, for one, am proud that Air Zonk takes a progressive political stance on this issue.

Haha!  Best response ever!

Now back to Dragon Spirit I go.

Bardoly

« Reply #2267 on: April 28, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
Played some Tenchi O Kurau (Dynasty Wars) recently.  My friend and I both played some back and forth, and we finally made it all the way to the final boss.  I came withing 5-10 more hits of finishing him off, but he beat me, and we were too tired to continue again and fight all the way through the whole final stage again.  We will pull it out again sometime in the not-too-distant future, I hope, and then we'll finish it off.

It's a pretty good hack-'em-up with the novelty of being mounted on a horse the entire time.  The game would be a bit more fun if it were 2-player, or if the horse could jump, but it's still a good game.

whisper2053

« Reply #2268 on: April 28, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »
I am trying to puzzle out Aero Blasters now. A very crazy game...

Please elaborate.  I found parts of it to be very hard, if that's what you mean?

Nothing too weird, just found it to be difficult at times and the powerup scheme seems a bit odd to me.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2269 on: April 29, 2013, 04:17:38 AM »
Spent a few hours late Friday night with Shapeshifter!!  Loved it!

In an odd turn of events, I saved my game and when I went to look at all the game saves on the Duo everything was gone except for Shapeshifter.... :(

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hopefully I've learned my lesson and will do a better job at backing up my saves with the Tennokoe banks.  I lost about 6 hours of play in Emerald Dragon and however much time into Mysterious Song I was....

roflmao

« Reply #2270 on: April 29, 2013, 05:13:43 AM »

In an odd turn of events, I saved my game and when I went to look at all the game saves on the Duo everything was gone except for Shapeshifter.... :(

Hopefully I've learned my lesson and will do a better job at backing up my saves with the Tennokoe banks.  I lost about 6 hours of play in Emerald Dragon and however much time into Mysterious Song I was....

Yep... http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13291.0 :(
It happened to me not too long ago too.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2271 on: April 29, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »

Yep... http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13291.0 :(
It happened to me not too long ago too.

Wow, I totally remember reading this thread, but forgot it was SHAPESHIFTER (That shady bastard) that was actually the cause of it.... I just assumed it was 20+ year old hardware going wonky...   :(

CURSE YOU SHAPESHIFTER!!  CURSE YOU UP YOUR STUPID a$$hole!!

whisper2053

« Reply #2272 on: April 29, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
We got bored at the barracks tonight, and hilarity ensued!

(NSFW)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2273 on: April 29, 2013, 09:26:59 AM »
Keeping the nation safe from pixelated boobehs, one button at a time.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RoyVegas

« Reply #2274 on: April 29, 2013, 09:33:28 AM »
Still working on Double Dungeons as I have time.  So far I've done dungeons 1-12. 
All is well. :)

esteban

« Reply #2275 on: April 29, 2013, 05:50:07 PM »
We got bored at the barracks tonight, and hilarity ensued!

(NSFW)

You missed the creepiest element: the blinking eyelids! That's what disturbs me the most. I'll take scary stare any day. But creepy blink? HELL NO.
  |    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #2276 on: April 29, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
downtown nekketsu monogatari. Saving up money so i can stop getting whooped on

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2277 on: April 30, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »
Inching along with JJ & Jeff, so bad it is good.

Dragon Spirit has a lot of cheap hits, too slow.

LOVING Blazing Lasers but once I lose my shields on Level 7 I just keep dying, keep getting item I and then two hits dead.  Love this game no matter.

Kieth Courage is so bad but I am hammering through it as fast as I can, got to the Level 5 Boss, Hate that I have to go through the entire level all over again but like being able to visit older levels, very original for an 80's game.

Victory Run is a cheating Piece of Shit, shame really but the game just sucks and can't wait to f*ck with you, or what's that your doing too good?  Here is some sand.  f*ck this game.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

« Reply #2278 on: April 30, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Inching along with JJ & Jeff, so bad it is good.

Dragon Spirit has a lot of cheap hits, too slow.

LOVING Blazing Lasers but once I lose my shields on Level 7 I just keep dying, keep getting item I and then two hits dead.  Love this game no matter.

Kieth Courage is so bad but I am hammering through it as fast as I can, got to the Level 5 Boss, Hate that I have to go through the entire level all over again but like being able to visit older levels, very original for an 80's game.

Victory Run is a cheating Piece of Shit, shame really but the game just sucks and can't wait to f*ck with you, or what's that your doing too good?  Here is some sand.  f*ck this game.

Victory Run also gets TOO DARK at night (at least on my TV's), so I have to turn up the brightness a bit. I guess I prefer a darker-than-normal screen so maybe it's simply my preferences that set up DIFFICULT NIGHT DRIVING in Victory Run. ROAD HAZARDS AT NIGHT? Sure, you'll have very little time to react. Savannah and sand require you to shift to a lower gear. I love Victory Run because every second counts and when you beat a new stage--DAMN, you feel good. :)

Dragon Spirit: I'd say the "too slow" complaint is the most common (folks felt that way forever, even back in the day). As for cheap hits...well, you're a big ass dragon (that's why it's fun to be MINI DRAGON--so cute and so awesome to have firepower in such a compact dragon.

JJ & Jeff gets tough, but it is one of those games where you have to learn when to slow down (you can speed-run through a lot of it, but there are key moments where you should (must?) stop.
  |    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #2279 on: April 30, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
More downtown nekketsu monogatari. Had to load up the NES version and make a lil translation guide for the pause menu