Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91546 times)

DesmondThe3rd

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2280 on: May 01, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »
I been playing a bit of Magical Chase before I lock it up again. Even did a new review to bash it for being too expensive.

Bardoly

« Reply #2281 on: May 03, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
I played some Asuka 120% Maxima Burning Fest for the first time last night on 'Easy' mode and enjoyed it.  I was playing on my Avenue 6 pad, but I couldn't get the extra buttons to work, even though I reset the game and switched from the 'A' position to the 'B' position, so I was only playing with buttons 1 and 2.  Does anyone know if this supposed to be a 6-button playable game?

Afterwards, I played some Puyo Puyo CD for the first time as well, and I found that I enjoyed it, even though my first opponent whooped me.   :-({|=  I want to try it against a human player sometime soon and see how that'll go.

After failing at Puyo Puyo, I popped in Spriggan (also for the first time) and really enjoyed it. although I couldn't quite figure out the various weapon combinations.  I just kept collecting pods, so my weapon kept changing on me - sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.   :roll:

All in all, an enjoyable Turbo evening.

munchiaz

« Reply #2282 on: May 03, 2013, 07:03:48 AM »
After failing at Puyo Puyo, I popped in Spriggan (also for the first time) and really enjoyed it. although I couldn't quite figure out the various weapon combinations.  I just kept collecting pods, so my weapon kept changing on me - sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.   :roll:

All in all, an enjoyable Turbo evening.

Spriggan is one of my fav shoot um ups on the PCE. Game is amazing. Awesome stages, music and gameplay. I find that the yellow and green orb combination is the best for most of the stages in the game.

I beat Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari a few days ago. Def a title that i will play every once in awhile. Its just so fun and charming

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2283 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »
Does anyone know if this supposed to be a 6-button playable game?

I looks like it's just a two-buttoner.

P.S. - Wanna know why search doesn't work so well 'round here?  Because mo-fos often can't be bothered to use appropriate titles, and when they do they misspell 'button' anyway.  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Bardoly

« Reply #2284 on: May 03, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »

I beat Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari a few days ago. Def a title that i will play every once in awhile. Its just so fun and charming

I'm glad you liked it!

munchiaz

« Reply #2285 on: May 03, 2013, 09:00:31 AM »

I'm glad you liked it!

Can't think you enough for the awesome deal

munchiaz

« Reply #2286 on: May 04, 2013, 07:14:14 AM »
Played lords of thunder last night. Really one of my favs on the console. I think I like Spriggan more though. Anyway, i got all the way to the final boss but i couldn't beat him. Im gunna try again tonight

Bardoly

« Reply #2287 on: May 04, 2013, 09:06:35 AM »
Played lords of thunder last night. Really one of my favs on the console. I think I like Spriggan more though. Anyway, i got all the way to the final boss but i couldn't beat him. Im gunna try again tonight

Keep trying!  I can sometimes get all the way to him, but I still haven't been able to beat him yet either.   ](*,)

For me, I played some Battlefield '94 Super Battle Dream last night, but my computer-controlled opponent kept whooping me.  :(

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2288 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »
Just started BONK 3 on my Duo however it's all in Japanese so I'm all confused and just attacked a baby in a crib.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

roflmao

« Reply #2289 on: May 04, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »
For me, I played some Battlefield '94 Super Battle Dream last night, but my computer-controlled opponent kept whooping me.  :(

If you figure out how to make any headway in BF '94, please let me know!  I haven't been able to figure out much of the game yet, but I really dig the music.

Bardoly

« Reply #2290 on: May 04, 2013, 04:51:02 PM »

If you figure out how to make any headway in BF '94, please let me know!  I haven't been able to figure out much of the game yet, but I really dig the music.

Will do if able.   :-"

For family night, we played several different games tonight.  (For the last few family game nights, we had Bomberman going, but tonight we wanted something different.)

Kato Chan &Ken Chan
J.J. & Jeff
Time Cruise
Alien Crush
Devil's Crush

All 5 games went over rather well, but Alien Crush and Devil's Crush were the crowd favorites.   :clap:

We also had Super Mario Kart for the SNES set up in another room, and while it got some play time, the Turbo room saw more.   8)

munchiaz

« Reply #2291 on: May 04, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
played lords of thunder again tonight. This time i was able to beat it. First time beating the game. Its not to hard, i guess i just needed to play it more to get used to things. Next i think im gunna try and beat cotton

whisper2053

« Reply #2292 on: May 04, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
Panic Bomber! Did a 5p rodeo yesterday and realized that I suck horribly at the game and decided that I need to get better :D

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2293 on: May 05, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
I just beat Bonk 3.  Way to easy.  Kinda fun but I had 40 extra lives to deal with so where is the challenge?  The final boss was uninspired and the game coulda been so much more.  Bonks Adventure is by far the best.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

RoyVegas

« Reply #2294 on: May 06, 2013, 04:45:39 AM »
I just beat Bonk 3.  Way to easy.  Kinda fun but I had 40 extra lives to deal with so where is the challenge?  The final boss was uninspired and the game coulda been so much more.  Bonks Adventure is by far the best.

I popped in Bonk 3 Hu a few days ago and started playing it with one of my kids.  It got boring for both of us amazingly fast and we ended up just turning it off. The first was definately better than #3.
All is well. :)