Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91609 times)

MrFlutterPie

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2310 on: May 10, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
I've been play Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu!

Best.Game.Ever!

Dyna138

« Reply #2311 on: May 12, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »
I've been on a JRPG kick as of late and have been playing some Genesis RPGs as well as YS Book I&II again. I find I'm enjoying YS even more than the last time. The music and story are classic and the voice acting was leagues ahead of other CD titles of the day.

It's a shame YS III wasn't held up to the same standard.

lukester

« Reply #2312 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:46 AM »
Having just ordered Strider Arcade CD, I've been playing a lot of Strider on PS2. ;)

esteban

« Reply #2313 on: May 12, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
Having just ordered Strider Arcade CD, I've been playing a lot of Strider on PS2. ;)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

|    | 

Marll

« Reply #2314 on: May 13, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

Strider should have been awesome but is generally just OK in my opinion.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Nando

« Reply #2315 on: May 13, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

Strider should have been awesome but is generally just OK in my opinion.
How does it compare to the MD/Genesis version?

munchiaz

« Reply #2316 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
Started playing cosmic fantasy 2 tonight. So far its pretty good. Have to grind a bit, but it wouldnt be a classic JRPG without that. Also the working designs translation is just awesome

esteban

« Reply #2317 on: May 19, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »
^ I agree, munchiaz. I never understood all the hate and venom that some folks harbored towards WD's translations. Corny? Juvenile? Dated? Sure. But WD's translations were infinitely better than the broken, incoherent, fabricated, abridged and uninspired translations we were getting in the 80's/early 90's.

BACK ON TOPIC: I have been conserving my grenades and trying to make some real progress in Yo, Bro for the past week or two. When playing Yo, Bro, I am reminded of other games where lining up your shots is difficult... usually it is because of the controls, but there are also the overhead games where projectiles originate off-center (that is: your character is literally right-handed or left-handed) and it feels awkward to compensate for this because 99.99% of games have projectiles originating from dead center of your avatar's sprite. Gain Ground has this (I think it was done to give each character a unique feel?) and Time Soldier SMS (I think? This is a horrible port, anyway)... what other games do this (overhead run-n-gun genre)?
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2318 on: May 19, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
GOD PANIC
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2319 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
GOD PANIC

Dig that crazy music! Stairway to Heaven and...what else is on there? It's been years...

|    | 

RoyVegas

« Reply #2320 on: May 19, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »
Played the first 15 levels of boxyboy with my son. FRUSTRATING!  lol
All is well. :)

Mishran

« Reply #2321 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:14 AM »
Played a little more pyramid plunder this morning. Really dig the game. Still haven't finished Mysterious Song. That second part of the bonus dungeon had me so frustrated I've been constantly putting it off. One day, one day.

galam

« Reply #2322 on: May 20, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
I gots to get me some Pyramid Plunder.

lukester

« Reply #2323 on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

Hehe, I got the game yesterday. :D

Strider is an extremely well-crafted platformer. An A class game on any system. Problem is that it is a lazy port.
Some stages are pretty nice, like 1 and 3, but others like the Jungle stage are riddled with slow-down and annoying changes(like omission of T-Rex enemy)
The extra stage is ok, but a nice addition. Both bosses are awesome.
The backgrounds are so lazy though that I cannot comprehend. Many of them are literally one putrid color i.e. Jungle stage.
Game is really fast and fun, but sometimes hard to make essential jumps.
CD quality sound is awesome, but many tracks were cut. Some songs are exclusive, though. Cutscenes are good.
I managed to beat the game within 3 continues the day after I bought it. If you can overlook the flaws, then I highly recommend it! :)

EDIT: Just 1CCed it on Normal. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:43:23 AM by lukester »

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2324 on: May 21, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »
Ive been playing Star Parodia for the past 2 hours now. I'm stuck on level 5. I am having a blast playing it through s-video on my projector. The music and levels are so animated and full of color. Loving every minute of it ! Gotta stick it through and get past this awesome game today !!!

Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!