Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91538 times)

roflmao

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2325 on: May 21, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
Ive been playing Star Parodia for the past 2 hours now. I'm stuck on level 5. I am having a blast playing it through s-video on my projector. The music and levels are so animated and full of color. Loving every minute of it ! Gotta stick it through and get past this awesome game today !!!

Nice setup!  Star Parodier is one of my favorites.  I was playing it earlier today as well.  :)

If you just want to get through the game to see all the levels, there's an easier difficulty setting from the Options Menu.  The bosses in particular are quite a bit easier.

I posted a longplay of Star Parodier to youtube a couple of months ago.  Each level is it's own video. This was normal difficulty.  It wasn't my cleanest playthrough, but it's what I got when the recorder was going. :)

Bardoly

« Reply #2326 on: May 22, 2013, 07:13:20 AM »

GOD PANIC

I rated this game as an '7' out of 10 on PCE Daisakusen!

I just got this fun vertical shoot-'em-up recently, and I popped it in on the same day that I got it to try it out for a bit, and I ended up beating the entire game in one try   :shock:  , loosing 3 or 4 lives in the process but using no continues.

I did play it on 'Easy' mode, so I'll have to try it again later on 'Normal' or 'Hard' mode.  I was rather surprised that I did so well my first time, but I did enjoy the game and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys easier vertical shoot-'em-ups, although it does have a few risque visuals, so be forewarned.

God Panic end screen

munchiaz

« Reply #2327 on: May 22, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
Still playing more cosmic fantasy 2. Just got Lyle on my team

lukester

« Reply #2328 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
Well, now I just got Snatcher in the mail. It's a high-quality package for sure (two manuals)! Unfortunately, I definitely am gonna need to keep up with Kana, and I gotta start Kanji right after!

It seems like the game itself is just clicking options till they progress the story. I can do that, but I won't know the story! Really great artwork though and fancy intro. :)

Damon Plus

« Reply #2329 on: May 22, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

Hehe, I got the game yesterday. :D

Strider is an extremely well-crafted platformer. An A class game on any system. Problem is that it is a lazy port.
Some stages are pretty nice, like 1 and 3, but others like the Jungle stage are riddled with slow-down and annoying changes(like omission of T-Rex enemy)
The extra stage is ok, but a nice addition. Both bosses are awesome.
The backgrounds are so lazy though that I cannot comprehend. Many of them are literally one putrid color i.e. Jungle stage.
Game is really fast and fun, but sometimes hard to make essential jumps.
CD quality sound is awesome, but many tracks were cut. Some songs are exclusive, though. Cutscenes are good.
I managed to beat the game within 3 continues the day after I bought it. If you can overlook the flaws, then I highly recommend it! :)

EDIT: Just 1CCed it on Normal. :)

I never quite understood what was so good about Strider. It gets good reviews everywhere, but its choppy controls ruin it for me.

esteban

« Reply #2330 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Strider ACD...it's not as good as it should be. Still...maybe you'll find something good in it? I'm not finding much! Ahhh...

Hehe, I got the game yesterday. :D

Strider is an extremely well-crafted platformer. An A class game on any system. Problem is that it is a lazy port.
Some stages are pretty nice, like 1 and 3, but others like the Jungle stage are riddled with slow-down and annoying changes(like omission of T-Rex enemy)
The extra stage is ok, but a nice addition. Both bosses are awesome.
The backgrounds are so lazy though that I cannot comprehend. Many of them are literally one putrid color i.e. Jungle stage.
Game is really fast and fun, but sometimes hard to make essential jumps.
CD quality sound is awesome, but many tracks were cut. Some songs are exclusive, though. Cutscenes are good.
I managed to beat the game within 3 continues the day after I bought it. If you can overlook the flaws, then I highly recommend it! :)

EDIT: Just 1CCed it on Normal. :)

I never quite understood what was so good about Strider. It gets good reviews everywhere, but its choppy controls ruin it for me.

Strider Arcade = Le Awesome.
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #2331 on: May 27, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Thanks to gbapalyer, I played some Sylphia last night.  I didn't have enough time to play it much, but I had fun for 10-15 minutes.

roflmao

« Reply #2332 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:38 AM »
I played some Cotton this morning and actually made it to level 3!  I usually have a hard time just getting through level 2. :P

Bardoly

« Reply #2333 on: May 28, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
Played some Jigoku Meguri (aka Bonze Adventure or Hell Explorer) last night and enjoyed it, but I only have a few minutes.  I'll definitely have to come back to it.

roflmao

« Reply #2334 on: May 28, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
World Court Tennis Quest Mode is way too addicting!  Where did this evening go?  And why do I keep playing a game I suck so bad at? 

It's brilliant!

Damon Plus

« Reply #2335 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »
World Court Tennis quest mode is too hard at the begining, it evens out at the end. What I always wanted to know is if there were some hidden items in towns.

esadajr

« Reply #2336 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
last night I was playing Die Hard, and I liked it. For one, it's way better than the NES version. Ok graphics, decent sound effects. The music is no masterpiece but somehow puts you in the mood. The controls are fine, it is playable.
I disagree with the PCE bible review, I don't think it's a game you should avoid. While not a fabulantastic game, I think it's worth a shot.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:55:34 AM by esadajr »
Gaming since 1985

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2337 on: May 29, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »
^ I actually want to pick up Die Hard for the PCE as well as Operation Wolf.

I have been playing Somer Assault.  Only the Jappenense could make a game about a slinky that shoots crap warped in a zodiac theme.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2338 on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »
Played some Daimakamura, Aldynnes and Granzort tonight
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Mishran

« Reply #2339 on: June 02, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Played Final Soldier for a bit last night. Got to stage 5 and stopped. Never been real good at shooters, but I can really get into this one.