Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91514 times)

Mishran

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2415 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:42 AM »
Played through Bonk 3 again early this morning. Every time I play it, I can never really get into it. They tried too hard to incorporate the size changing aspect. I normally avoid the candy unless it's needed to advance or to snatch an otherwise out of reach item. It makes some levels seem like a chore.

Has anyone played this 2-player? Does it add anything to the game's fun factor?

whisper2053

« Reply #2416 on: June 25, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
I've gone back to Mysterious Song. At this point, I'm determined to finish it, so everything else is pretty much back burner for now until I do. Can't...get...catchy...music...out...of...my...head...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2417 on: June 25, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »

It's fun with a second player, though some spots can be a chore if the other person can't keep up.

P.S. - you suck for not liking ze big adventure.  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Damon Plus

« Reply #2418 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:49 AM »
I finished Chase HQ. It has just 5 stages, then you see a single-screen ending telling you your fight against crime hasn't ended and it loops again. I played a third loop and finally got bored of it.

Was this rushed? Are the other Chase HQ ports like this one?

Mishran

« Reply #2419 on: June 25, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »
P.S. - you suck for not liking ze big adventure.  :P

I know, I'm a traitor to the Bonk loving community. :)

The first two just has a higher replay value to me than 3. The levels just seem uninspired; built around the size changing gimmick added to the game. Never said I didn't like it actually, just not one of my "picks" from the library.

Update: Just finished Bonks Adventure... again. :) The more challenging of the three games.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:40:52 PM by Mishran »

esteban

« Reply #2420 on: June 26, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »
LeBonk L'original LeFTW. 
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #2421 on: June 26, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
Yeah I could never really get into Bonk 3 that much either.  It just seemed something was missing.  I also wasn't "huge" on the size changing aspect.  Also, the music in Bonk 3 annoys the hell out of me for some reason.  I just don't care for the music in the 3rd installment.

I've been in sort of a dungeon crawler mood as of late.  I've been playing Sword of Vermillion on Genesis and I also just started to play Dungeon Master on the Turbo SCD.  Been a long time since I played Dungeon Master.  I always liked the little cut scene intro they added to the turbo version.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2422 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43:20 AM »
Yeah I could never really get into Bonk 3 that much either.  It just seemed something was missing.  I also wasn't "huge" on the size changing aspect.  Also, the music in Bonk 3 annoys the hell out of me for some reason.  I just don't care for the music in the 3rd installment.

Bonk 3 multiplayer is pretty excellent!!

For myself I got in some decent time in Legendary Axe II (I'm wondering if I had ever beaten it now, cause I'm seeing parts that I just cannot remember!)  Last night I got in some L-Dis and finding it more fun each time I pop it in!!

Mishran

« Reply #2423 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
Shape Shifter here.  First time I've ever played it.  Trying hard to like it, but the combination of controls and tiny flying respawning insectoid annoyances are making it tough to love right out of the gate.  Gonna stick with it for a bit, though!  Might have to load translated Ladysword on the everdrive for a change of pace. (:

Shapeshifter can definitely be a brutal game at first. I just finished it myself not long ago, and as such I feel your pain. :wink:

Just keep at it and remember to save often and practice, practice, practice with the controls (especially the panther). Pace yourself and try not to rush through any area in the game or your gonna get yourself killed. Abuse the eclipse since it fully heals you every 10 minutes or so. If your close to dying, find a safe place to wait and walk away for a visit to the pot for a good shit or to knock off a quicky, get a bite to eat, grab a beer, hit the forums here to update us onyour progress, etc. Come back and continue playing with full health.

I personally "cheated" by playing through it on an emulator with save states to get myself familiar with the game before tackling it head-on on real hardware. Once you finish it and see the end credits roll, you'll find yourself feeling pretty good. :) The game is excellent once you've gotten yourself comfortable with the controls and its many quirks.

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2424 on: June 26, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
I finally acquired my AV cords and have been playing Buster Bros.  I got the SNES version a whim a little while ago and I loved it so I had to get the proper version ;)

seieienbu

« Reply #2425 on: June 26, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »
Riding the Bonk train, playing the first.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

galam

« Reply #2426 on: June 27, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
Battle Royale for about an hour last night. What an odd control scheme the way you have to utilize the Select button so much. Silly game.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2427 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:11 AM »
Saint Dragon
First level music ROCKS
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

esteban

« Reply #2428 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
Shape Shifter here.  First time I've ever played it.  Trying hard to like it, but the combination of controls and tiny flying respawning insectoid annoyances are making it tough to love right out of the gate.  Gonna stick with it for a bit, though!  Might have to load translated Ladysword on the everdrive for a change of pace. (:

The best way to handle the flying insectoids is to transform into the Frog (Kermito-San if you have the Japanese version).  

|    | 

Mishran

« Reply #2429 on: June 27, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »
he says "owfff" like a little girl whenever they so much as land on him.

You'd be crying like a little girl too if you had them crawling under your loin cloth and biting your little man.