Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91634 times)

spenoza

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2550 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
Splash Lake and Insanity.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2551 on: August 24, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
This Cross Wiber I'm playing is very, ummm, cheap with enemies.  It's like Nintendo hard.  Enemies literally spawn into you for a hit that's almost impossible avoid.  The game is easy enough until they add jumping and pitfalls where enemies just spam and you fall for a cheap death.  However the bosses are super easy and no tact is needed just spam them.  Very mediocre game.  I'm up to level 10.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2552 on: August 24, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »
Cross Wiber has a great soundtrack.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

seieienbu

« Reply #2553 on: August 24, 2013, 06:16:56 PM »
Killed 5 bosses so far in Exile, I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #2554 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:31 AM »

Indeed it does, really stands out.  I'm at the last level now, very cheap game hits and mechanics wise but I'm getting good at kicking enemies down and learned tricks to avoid spam bullets where they pass right through you. 

The shooting levels are great however the bosses are a joke.  It fells like the game just repeatedly punches you in the face to add difficulty.  No tact or progression, kinda like trying to play a game of chess where someone just keeps shaking to board.  Cryptic levels where you have to guess a way out, and super easy bosses.  It is very nostalgic however and musts been a good title in 1990 but does not hold up at all.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2555 on: August 25, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »

Indeed it does, really stands out.  I'm at the last level now, very cheap game hits and mechanics wise but I'm getting good at kicking enemies down and learned tricks to avoid spam bullets where they pass right through you. 

The shooting levels are great however the bosses are a joke.  It fells like the game just repeatedly punches you in the face to add difficulty.  No tact or progression, kinda like trying to play a game of chess where someone just keeps shaking to board.  Cryptic levels where you have to guess a way out, and super easy bosses.  It is very nostalgic however and musts been a good title in 1990 but does not hold up at all.

It's another game that was well on its way to being great, but didn't receive the final polish and tweaking it needed. The variety of the stage design and general gameplay is nice and it would be a classic if even a few gameplay tweaks were implemented. At least it is cheap and easy to acquire.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Jordan

« Reply #2556 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:42 AM »
I have been playing Raiden since right before VGS. I played in the tournament and was mortified by my low score :-({|=, as I had the second lowest score. Since then I have clawed my way to the forth level, however I've only made it past the third boss three or four times so far. I anticipate being able to consistently get past that boss sometime this decade ](*,).  To alleviate my sometimes extreme frustration with Raiden I have been relaxing with a few other games- Mysterious Song, Pyramid Plunder, and horror of horrors a non turbo game Chrono Trigger.

turboswimbz

« Reply #2557 on: August 26, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
and horror of horrors a non turbo game Chrono Trigger.

Oh my lords of thunder.  PLease censor such things from now on

I don't think my heart can stand it.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bardoly

« Reply #2558 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:47 PM »

I played through and beat Galaxy Deka Gayvan last week.  Below is the comment/mini-review that I posted on PCE Daisakusen! concerning this game.

I recently played through this game with my sons and really enjoyed it!  I have to rate this beat-'em-up as a '10' out of 10, because it just simply does what it's supposed to do.  It's a fun simple beat-'em-up with decent graphics and IT HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!  While the controls are rather simple, what with only having 2 buttons, IT HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!  Using a 3-button controller will likely be useful to most gamers, because you need to use the 'Select' button to switch your character to 'Power Suit' mode, and you will be doing this often enough to make the 3-button controller useful.  Did I mention that THIS GAME HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!?  Well, it does, and that makes this game so much more fun to play.  There are so  many great games for the PC Engine which do not have a 2-player simultaneous mode, that I was very happy to discover that this one did.

This game also has a cute-but-rather-lame fighting mode, where you and your opponent can choose from either one of the two main characters or from three different enemies which you fight throughout the game.  This mode will probably not get a lot of play time, but it's nice that they thought to add it to this game.  I think of it more as a bonus feature than as part of the game.   This game also has cut scenes, voice acting, and whatnot as a CD game should.  Anyway, get this game if you don't already have it!

Jordan

« Reply #2559 on: August 26, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
 [-X Nope it's good for you to get a heart attack every now and again.

esteban

« Reply #2560 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

I played through and beat Galaxy Deka Gayvan last week.  Below is the comment/mini-review that I posted on PCE Daisakusen! concerning this game.

I recently played through this game with my sons and really enjoyed it!  I have to rate this beat-'em-up as a '10' out of 10, because it just simply does what it's supposed to do.  It's a fun simple beat-'em-up with decent graphics and IT HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!  While the controls are rather simple, what with only having 2 buttons, IT HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!  Using a 3-button controller will likely be useful to most gamers, because you need to use the 'Select' button to switch your character to 'Power Suit' mode, and you will be doing this often enough to make the 3-button controller useful.  Did I mention that THIS GAME HAS A 2-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MODE!?  Well, it does, and that makes this game so much more fun to play.  There are so  many great games for the PC Engine which do not have a 2-player simultaneous mode, that I was very happy to discover that this one did.

This game also has a cute-but-rather-lame fighting mode, where you and your opponent can choose from either one of the two main characters or from three different enemies which you fight throughout the game.  This mode will probably not get a lot of play time, but it's nice that they thought to add it to this game.  I think of it more as a bonus feature than as part of the game.   This game also has cut scenes, voice acting, and whatnot as a CD game should.  Anyway, get this game if you don't already have it!

What? I do not know about this game. Never payed it, never looked for it. WTF!?

|    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #2561 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
[-X Nope it's good for you to get a heart attack every now and again.

Fair enough, but this ain't over yet. I'll be BONK! er ummm back.

I recently played through this game with my sons and really enjoyed it! 

This was on my list, I think it'll bump up closer to the top after such a glowing review.  Sounds like its worth more than a Try.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

seieienbu

« Reply #2562 on: August 27, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »
Finished Exile.  Definitely worth the play-through.  My one complaint now is that it left me wanting more.  Stupid Wicked Phenomenon's stupid price tag.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #2563 on: August 27, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
Finished Exile.  Definitely worth the play-through.  My one complaint now is that it left me wanting more.  Stupid Wicked Phenomenon's stupid price tag.

It's a totally different experience. I have replayed Exile many, many times over the years.... Wicked P., on the other hand, has been far less alluring.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2564 on: August 28, 2013, 02:40:43 AM »
Get the PC Engine version - it's cheap and better anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles