Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91438 times)

Nec.Game.head

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2610 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:54 PM »
I've been playing Ninja Spirit the past 2 days. I'm stuck on the last part before the final boss. I just can't seem to figure out the pattern while free falling. I keep getting impaled by swords !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

roflmao

« Reply #2611 on: September 14, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
I've been playing Ninja Spirit the past 2 days. I'm stuck on the last part before the final boss. I just can't seem to figure out the pattern while free falling. I keep getting impaled by swords !!!

As soon as you go off the cliff, move to the left.  It still takes a bit of air dancing at first, but you'll get to an area near the left wall that is clear all the way down.

EDIT: Here's a video I recorded a little while back that shows the level. This starts right at the cliff jump:

I've been playing a ton of Spriggan lately.  I'm trying to 1cc it again with my dvd recorder going.  So far I've only been able to make it to the final boss.  Maybe I'll give it another go tonight. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:23:33 PM by roflmao »

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2612 on: September 14, 2013, 07:21:47 PM »
Excellent,  thank you for the pointer and link roflmao. I'm gonna give it another shot after my late night dinner. Good luck with your Spriggan completion recording ...
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2613 on: September 15, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
I've been in shump heaven lately with the beautiful hat trick that is Soldier Blade, Gate of Thunder and Cotton :D

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2614 on: September 15, 2013, 06:54:31 AM »
I've been been playing a boot of Gates Of Thunder lately. That game is so freaking awesome! I really enjoy the insanely difficult game play and especially the great music. It sounds amazing blaring through a nice surround sound system. Gotta find me an original copy soon. Gonna continue on with my Ninja Spirit completion mission today ...

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #2615 on: September 15, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »
Playing some Bloody Wolf courtesy of Jasonbar :D
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2616 on: September 17, 2013, 11:58:14 AM »
Just passed Neutopia 2 (Awesome Game). And I recently passed Veigus Tactical Gladiator. (Awesome Game) took me a few days to pass this one. What next?  :-k

hoobs88

« Reply #2617 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Just passed Neutopia 2 (Awesome Game). And I recently passed Veigus Tactical Gladiator. (Awesome Game) took me a few days to pass this one. What next?  :-k

I got stuck on the final boss of Neutopia 2. Got any advice on how to take him down?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

geise

« Reply #2618 on: September 17, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
I love Neutopia II and am also in the process of playing through it again.  It's been years since I've played it.  Today though I've been playing Kabuki Itoryodan.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2619 on: September 17, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »

I got stuck on the final boss of Neutopia 2. Got any advice on how to take him down?

Yeah, Hit him once and run. Be patient, try to stay in the middle of the screen.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #2620 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
So whats the deal, did they make a Neutopia III? The ending said to be continued.

hoobs88

« Reply #2621 on: September 17, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
So whats the deal, did they make a Neutopia III? The ending said to be continued.

It was never made but the Frozen Utopia team was working on a homebrew version if I recall.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

seieienbu

« Reply #2622 on: September 18, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
Yesterday I finished Cotton.  I'm going to try to get a reasonable no-continue score and post it in the thread later tonight.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2623 on: September 18, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

If you have both potions, you can pretty much trade hits with him and he'll die first.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

neopolss

« Reply #2624 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
I plowed through lords of thunder last night.  Best run ever!  Earth armor is beyond destructive.