Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91553 times)

CPTRAVE

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2625 on: September 18, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
Earth Armor Huh :-k I have to try that.

neopolss

« Reply #2626 on: September 19, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
I usually use water armor because it covers front and back, but earth is so strng it wipes out most enemies before they even get to shoot.  Its especially effective in areas with ceiling and floor.  Only the last stage gave me trouble, it is poorly suited for moving backward in a stage.  It wipes bosses out in seconds tough.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2627 on: September 19, 2013, 10:53:04 PM »

toymachine78

« Reply #2628 on: September 20, 2013, 03:19:35 AM »
Neutopia 1 for me as well. One complaint about this game... they overdid the secret rooms. It seems every screen in the over world has a hidden room if you burn a bush, push a rock, or bomb a wall. The labyrinths have way too many too. And why do so many of them look like houses with fireplaces and such? Lol

roflmao

« Reply #2629 on: September 20, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »
Argh.  Still trying to 1cc Spriggan with the DVD recorder going.  Got soo close this evening:

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2630 on: September 20, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
Had some me time today, played Travel Epule, Hellfire S, Gradius II, and Pop'n Magic :D
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

RoyVegas

« Reply #2631 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:58 AM »
Still playing Raiden to try to 1cc it. one day......
All is well. :)

esteban

« Reply #2632 on: September 21, 2013, 03:40:57 AM »

WAIT! You have been playing Raiden? 
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #2633 on: September 21, 2013, 08:11:29 AM »
Had some me time today, played Travel Epule, Hellfire S, Gradius II, and Pop'n Magic :D

Pretty good lineup there.  I really enjoyed playing through and beating Hellfire S.

I played some Avenger, Metamor Jupiter, and some 2-player Forgotten Worlds last night.  My friend and I would have played some 2-player Metamor Jupiter, but I couldn't remember how to activate 2-player mode until after he left.    :-s

RoyVegas

« Reply #2634 on: September 21, 2013, 01:49:19 PM »

WAIT! You have been playing Raiden? 

:oops:
All is well. :)

turboswimbz

« Reply #2635 on: September 22, 2013, 02:18:58 AM »
I'm still tackling super radien!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

roflmao

« Reply #2636 on: September 23, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »
Ha!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Here's a link to the play-through:

In the description area I have links that jump to the start of each level.

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...

MrPoppy

« Reply #2637 on: September 23, 2013, 08:56:26 AM »
I plowed through lords of thunder last night.  Best run ever!  Earth armor is beyond destructive.

Gave it a shot with the Earth Armor and I finally beat this game as well! Usually I was switching armors based on the level, e.g. used water in the fire stage. I don't know if that is supposed to give you an advantage at all but that's always how I did it. Got to the last boss a few times but always came up short. Completely owned everyone just using Earth. Maybe I'll try and tackle some of the harder difficulties next.
Looking for:
US Legendary Axe case and manual
US Ninja Spirit case and manual
US Pac-Land manual

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2638 on: September 23, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »
Ha!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...

Very nice play through ROFL. I just got this and did a little experimenting with the color combinations. I see you stick with red/blue though which seems like the playing it safe way to go with the shield like spinning weapon. Do you think you can reach your 12 mil goal with a more aggressive weapon set up?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #2639 on: September 23, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Very nice play through ROFL. I just got this and did a little experimenting with the color combinations. I see you stick with red/blue though which seems like the playing it safe way to go with the shield like spinning weapon. Do you think you can reach your 12 mil goal with a more aggressive weapon set up?

I love the red / blue because it's great offense and defense rolled into one.  Yes, it acts as a great shield, but it is so much more powerful than the 3-way shot you get along with it.  To make the most of red / blue, I think you need to get right up on the more powerful enemies in the game. 

I spent many years as a yellow / green fan because you can sit back and pretty much hit everything on the screen, but then you have to dodge a ton of bullets.  I often find myself getting lost when a teammate enters the screen.  I'll be killed and then realize I had momentarily confused my guy with the teammate.  And some of the backgrounds are so frantic, I find it hard to see what's going on all the time (those areas with the crazy-awesome water effects and  to a lesser degree the lava level).  With red / blue, I don't have to worry quite as much about something seemingly coming out of nowhere. Using it as an offensive weapon, rather than just as a bullet shield, can rack up the points, as long as you don't put yourself in a position where they can fire through it and hit you.

I think to hit that 12 million score, I need to use the flashing orbs less and be less sloppy on the bosses.  The hardest boss for me has always been the one that shoots out the lightning bolts, and I really shouldn't have died as much as I did on the other bosses.