Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91523 times)

Jabberwok

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2640 on: September 29, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
I'm about to play Shape Shifter again but unfortunately I will use the infinite lives/gems trick because with a game this hard I don't have the kind of free time I had when I was younger  :-({|= Still I play through it from time to time because I find it's atmosphere refreshingly old school & love it's corky story  :mrgreen:

Of course if you find the game dead easy then kudos to you sir!

JapanTokei

« Reply #2641 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:42 AM »
amazng game... makes me wonder why NEC didn't bring Spriggan and Nexzr over to the States.. those 2 titles combined would've destroyed the competition.. esp since Spriggan is not even SCD.. they could've brought it over early!!

these are 2 of my top fav shooters on the CD system :)

Ha!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Here's a link to the play-through:

In the description area I have links that jump to the start of each level.

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...

esteban

« Reply #2642 on: October 02, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
amazng game... makes me wonder why NEC didn't bring Spriggan and Nexzr over to the States.. those 2 titles combined would've destroyed the competition.. esp since Spriggan is not even SCD.. they could've brought it over early!!

these are 2 of my top fav shooters on the CD system :)

Ha!  I finally finished  Spriggan (Normal difficulty) on a single credit with the DVD recorder going!  I've been playing the heck out of this lately.  Made it to the final boss only to run out of lives more times that I'd like to admit. :P

Here's a link to the play-through:

In the description area I have links that jump to the start of each level.

Now I want to see if I can break 12 million points.  There are a few areas I know I could have done better on...

IIRC, Spriggan was definitely one of the titles TTi hoped to bring over to NA. I'm not sure if Nexzr was ever announced, but Spriggan was...

http://archives.tg-16.com/archive-four/TF-02-28.jpg

Note that ALL of those games were actually released, except for Dangerous Journeys and Spriggan (Working a Designs actually was bringing it over? Huh!)

|    | 

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #2643 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »
I tried to play Silent Debuggers tonight but yeah.....
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #2644 on: October 18, 2013, 04:18:08 AM »
I tried to play Silent Debuggers tonight but yeah.....

Give it another try it takes a bit to get into but is a really fun game.

I am playing Legend of Hero Tonma.   Man the first boss is tough.

YANDMAN

« Reply #2645 on: October 18, 2013, 05:28:01 AM »
jj and jeff, Galaga 89 and super star soldier

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2646 on: October 20, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »
I've been playing a bit of New Adventure Island this past week. Haven't had any luck completing the entire game though. Gonna get back on it and give it another go later on this evening.
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

turboswimbz

« Reply #2647 on: October 20, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
I've been playing a bit of New Adventure Island this past week. Haven't had any luck completing the entire game though. Gonna get back on it and give it another go later on this evening.

Glad to see you're still obeying :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #2648 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
I could never quit Obeying. It's the only console besides the Neo Geo I dreamed of owning as a kid and the fact I own one now has me pumped on it especially since this great place exist. This place keeps memotivated. I'm still working on trying to complete New Adventure Island. I just stared playing SydMead's Terraforming. My goodness is this game amazing! The gameplay, difficulty and especially music is just perfect. I'm currently stuck on level 3 but will be working on it until I succeed Terraforming greatness !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #2649 on: November 14, 2013, 05:32:31 AM »
Planning on some Dragon's Curse this weekend.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #2650 on: November 15, 2013, 03:03:45 AM »
I played a fair amount of Exile [which I am playing through again] and Dragon Egg. I was a little disappointed in Dragon Egg.

Obfuscate

« Reply #2651 on: November 21, 2013, 06:14:33 AM »
W-Ring - Meh, not as good as I hoped.

geise

« Reply #2652 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
What don't you like about W-Ring?  I was thinking about picking it up soon.

esteban

« Reply #2653 on: November 21, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »

What don't you like about W-Ring?  I was thinking about picking it up soon.

I was looking forward to W-Ring, too.
  |    | 

Obfuscate

« Reply #2654 on: November 22, 2013, 04:47:32 AM »
Re: W-Ring

It's not that it is horrible, and others may like it but for me everything was just average. Average graphics, average sound, average gameplay, nothing special about level design, bosses are average to below average, there are 5 weapons but none are that cool and one overpowers every boss. There are a couple sort of cool spots but I was looking forward to the game and wasn't really impressed.