Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91746 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2820 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »
the seriously most f*cked-up walking animations I have ever seen.  I don't think these guys have ever seen human beings move around.

They were definitely ahead of their time. By that I mean they had access to a time machine and that walk is a future trend started by "Nintendo-ees."

"I had a dream..."

- - - Hailing Luther Things, Jr.

roflmao

« Reply #2821 on: May 04, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
I finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"

synbiosfan

« Reply #2822 on: May 04, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »
I finally sat down with Ys IV this afternoon and spent a fair chunk of time playing it.  All I can say is "Wow!"

I've yet to finish Y's I & II but I want to get to IV badly. I played only a little of IV to get a taste and I'm looking forward to having it next in the queue.

Sprinkle in a little Splatterhouse & Blazing Lazers and that's my gaming as of late.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #2823 on: May 05, 2014, 03:04:45 AM »
What on earth is going on in that intro? I only have the PC Engine version, and I was clueless why those two guys were fighting.

I don't *need* to know English for this game, do I?

seieienbu

« Reply #2824 on: May 05, 2014, 03:43:08 AM »
What on earth is going on in that intro? I only have the PC Engine version, and I was clueless why those two guys were fighting.

It's the last fight from Ys 2.  If you haven't played Ys books 1 and 2 yet, I'd recommend you play them before 4.  And if you want to play 4 in English you're in luck, there's a completed translation patch you can download and get all the plot enjoyment you'd otherwise miss out on.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Ninja16608

« Reply #2825 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:24 AM »

It's the last fight from Ys 2.  If you haven't played Ys books 1 and 2 yet, I'd recommend you play them before 4.  And if you want to play 4 in English you're in luck, there's a completed translation patch you can download and get all the plot enjoyment you'd otherwise miss out on.

Could you PM me where i can find this translation I love the Y's series and only played up to 3 on the SNES i believe it was.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2826 on: May 05, 2014, 04:49:53 AM »
Could you PM me where i can find this translation?

You can get the patch from NightWolve.  If you're looking for a prepatched ISO, do it via PMs.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

seieienbu

« Reply #2827 on: May 05, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

mossman43

« Reply #2828 on: May 05, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »
Jackie F**kin' Chan!!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2829 on: May 05, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
Jackie F**kin' Chan!!

If you haven't already, try the original NES ver. and then compare. Its wow. :3

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2830 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
Vigilante! FTW!!!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Bardoly

« Reply #2831 on: May 06, 2014, 04:46:20 AM »
Magical Chase (Thanks to Mister Chops!)

This game really IS short, wow!

I think its really fun, though. And. That. Music.

Totally stuck in my head, like alot.

Yay!

What difficulty level did you play the game at?  If I remember correctly, 'Easy' mode only lets you play the first 3-4 levels, so you must play the game at 'Normal' or 'Hard' to be able to play through the entire game.

mossman43

« Reply #2832 on: May 06, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »
Jackie F**kin' Chan!!

If you haven't already, try the original NES ver. and then compare. Its wow. :3

Absolutely!  I own the NES one as well and the TG Jackie would kick NES Jackie's ass!!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2833 on: May 06, 2014, 07:04:58 PM »
What difficulty level did you play the game at?  If I remember correctly, 'Easy' mode only lets you play the first 3-4 levels, so you must play the game at 'Normal' or 'Hard' to be able to play through the entire game.

Normal, sillybilly. It's still short-ishesesesesesssssss. Couldn't beat the last boss, though, well, could've maybe, but gave up.

Absolutely!  I own the NES one as well and the TG Jackie would kick NES Jackie's ass!!

Yeah!

Teknoman

« Reply #2834 on: May 12, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
Legendary Axe. Finally figured out the pattern to avoiding the dreaded monkey pit (so annoying!) but then after getting past the final maze...I choked on the last boss.

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".