Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91647 times)

Ninja16608

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2865 on: May 25, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
Played Alien Crush for most of the day but no scores worth posting :P

HAHA thats what i have been playing. Get out of my game room!!!

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #2866 on: May 25, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
I kid you not Alien Crush is in my TurboDuo right now.

Bardoly

« Reply #2867 on: May 26, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »
Just played through and beat Magical Chase on Bumpy difficulty mode.

I had always got stuck on the level 4 boss who sits in an anti-gravity chair flying backwards, and I would always run into walls and stuff.  This time, I just kept at it until I finally won.  The last stage was a doozy, but after many continues, it was finally conquered.  :)  Now I'll have to try the hardest difficulty.   :?

I rated this game as '8' out of 10 on Pcedaisakusen!  My comments posted there are as follows:

Magical Chase - an ironic name for the rarest TurboGrafx-16 game, since many TG-16 collectors are 'chasing' this game. This game is a 1-player only horizontal shoot-'em-up/cute-'em-up in the vein of Air Zonk, and were the quantities available for each the same, then their prices would likely be around the same as well. This game is quite well-made, with tight controls, and a nice power-up shop system. (You can customize your ship witch somewhat however you like, based on the 'money' that you collect from destroyed enemies.) The shop appears 1-2 times in every level, but at the beginning only of the final stage. You must beat the game on Medium Bumpy mode or higher, otherwise the game ends after the first 3 stages. Anyway, I rate this game as a solid '8' out of 10. If it had a 2-player mode, I would probably give it a '10'. While it is definitely worth playing, the current price of the game will deter most from ever playing it outside of emulation and/or an Everdrive.

Damon Plus

« Reply #2868 on: May 26, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
Been playing my long awaited Bonk's revenge. I'm liking it a bit more after each playthrough. One of the best eye candy in the system if we talk about use of colour. 2-1 looks amazing to me.

reson8er

« Reply #2869 on: May 27, 2014, 02:56:39 AM »
Been playing a bunch on the PC engine this weekend, howver I also manged to squeeze in some quality time with the always amazing Blazing Lazers and Lords of Thunder.  Hot damn what phenomenal games.

On a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!

hoobs88

« Reply #2870 on: May 27, 2014, 03:21:25 AM »
Been playing a bunch on the PC engine this weekend, howver I also manged to squeeze in some quality time with the always amazing Blazing Lazers and Lords of Thunder.  Hot damn what phenomenal games.

On a side note, I also started ripping the audio from the CD games so I could listen on the go!

I used to have a spare copy of Lord of Thunder to listen to in my car but I sold it a while back. I couldn't figure out how to rip the audio into my computer. Do you need a program for that?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

reson8er

« Reply #2871 on: May 27, 2014, 03:49:37 AM »

I used to have a spare copy of Lord of Thunder to listen to in my car but I sold it a while back. I couldn't figure out how to rip the audio into my computer. Do you need a program for that?

I've heard on PC's it requires software and can be a bit annoying. I have a mac and all I do is insert the disc and the tracks are ready to rip. sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

seieienbu

« Reply #2872 on: May 27, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
After finally getting my hands on a copy, I played Dracula X briefly.  With luck I'll have time this weekend to give it a real playthrough.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

jtucci31

« Reply #2873 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

I too would like to know how to do this. I always just spend time searching the internet far and wide for soundtracks of games I like.

roflmao

« Reply #2874 on: May 27, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
I too would like to know how to do this. I always just spend time searching the internet far and wide for soundtracks of games I like.

Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is what I use to rip music from games with redbook audio. You have to download the mp3 encoder separately, but they provide links on how to get it.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

It's also useful if you have a large CD library and want to convert it to mp3 (or other formats) and it's free! :D

Bardoly

« Reply #2875 on: May 27, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
After finally getting my hands on a copy, I played Dracula X briefly.  With luck I'll have time this weekend to give it a real playthrough.

Do it.  It's a great game.  I need to go back and try to get that last 4%.  (I beat the game, but I got stuck on 96%.)

esteban

« Reply #2876 on: May 27, 2014, 06:23:51 PM »

I've heard on PC's it requires software and can be a bit annoying. I have a mac and all I do is insert the disc and the tracks are ready to rip. sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Dudes!

http://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=en&val=lords

You will find some nice tunes ready for you...
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #2877 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
Dudes!

http://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=en&val=lords

You will find some nice tunes ready for you...

Dude! Thank you, this is awesome. I can burn so much music for my car, and I've been in a desperate need of new tunes as i sling the 'za.

sosoyo180

« Reply #2878 on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
I'm waiting on a CIJ copy of Parasol Stars in the mail, so i'm obviously gonna play the junk out of it, but a couple days ago I caved and got Soldier Blade on PSN and have been deep dish into it.

But the more I play Soldier Blade the more I want to play Final Soldier, so i've been trying to beat my 2min high score  :-&
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

Bardoly

« Reply #2879 on: May 29, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
I'm waiting on a CIJ copy of Parasol Stars in the mail, so i'm obviously gonna play the junk out of it, but a couple days ago I caved and got Soldier Blade on PSN and have been deep dish into it.

But the more I play Soldier Blade the more I want to play Final Soldier, so i've been trying to beat my 2min high score  :-&

I really enjoy Final Soldier too.  I've been able to beat it, but not Soldier Blade yet.