Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91519 times)

seieienbu

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #2895 on: June 16, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »
Whereas Last Alert is the kind of bad that's so terrible it causes underflow and you end up with something awesome, Dragon Slayer is the kind of bad where it's just bad.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

technozombie

« Reply #2896 on: June 16, 2014, 01:15:39 PM »
I recently acquired New Adventure Island from a friend. I kind of hold the run button and go into this zone in my mind. I think that is a big part of the charm in a lot of old games. Even though the game is challenging, I don't have to think to hard.  Obviously I loved the intro so much I made it my signature.

esteban

« Reply #2897 on: June 16, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »

I recently acquired New Adventure Island from a friend. I kind of hold the run button and go into this zone in my mind. I think that is a big part of the charm in a lot of old games. Even though the game is challenging, I don't have to think to hard.  Obviously I loved the intro so much I made it my signature.

NAI is just a nice platformer—a familiar mechanic that is well executed and so damn enjoyable to play. It's sad that more folks don't cherish the heck out of this game.
  |    | 

munchiaz

« Reply #2898 on: June 17, 2014, 11:12:22 AM »
played some shubiniman a few nights ago. Got stuck. Game is pretty tricking, mostly because the wonky hit boxes. I also played a little toyshop boys. Its one of those shooters that if you die once its really hard to come back from. Then i played some popful mail, but im currently stuck.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2899 on: June 19, 2014, 05:17:03 PM »
Keep coming back to Samurai Ghost, I will beat it even though I am terrible at everything. :(

Mega..I mean Shockman, this game is adorbs.

&

I tried Ghost Manor again, WTF is this game, like I like it, but the music is killing me a little. :3

blueraven

« Reply #2900 on: June 20, 2014, 06:08:18 AM »
I was playing shapeshifter a few weeks ago. The panther level should be the last one on the game. It's exponentially harder than the others.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

munchiaz

« Reply #2901 on: June 20, 2014, 06:17:14 AM »
Aero Blasters. Man this game is hard. I was able to make it to phase 5 using the extra credit cheat.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2902 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
My buddy and I have been playing an obscene amount of Devil's Crush lately. So damn addicting!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2903 on: June 20, 2014, 10:04:39 AM »
Aero Blasters. Man this game is hard. I was able to make it to phase 5 using the extra credit cheat.

I have completed this game (with code) exactly once. It is absolutely brutal and unrelenting in its difficulty, but I still give R-Type the nod for hardest shooter on the TG. I have given up all hope of ever beating that game  ](*,)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2904 on: June 20, 2014, 10:12:20 AM »
I still give R-Type the nod for hardest shooter on the TG.

Give Tatsujin, Raiden, Rayxanber II, and Sinistron a whirl.  They'll make R-Type feel easy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2905 on: June 20, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
I still give R-Type the nod for hardest shooter on the TG.

Give Tatsujin, Raiden, Rayxanber II, and Sinistron a whirl.  They'll make R-Type feel easy.

Raiden has definitely beaten me into submission several times as well (and thats another I've given up on ever beating), but I personally still give a slight edge to R-Type on the difficulty scale (maybe it's because of all the damn screen flickering or it has the psychological advantage on me after all the years of torment).

I'll definitely pick up a copy of Rayxanber II (thanks for the recommendation btw!), but it might be a while before I snag the other two because I still don't have a PCE or region modded system (I know, I know; I really need to get on that).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2906 on: June 20, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
Sinistron is a US huey, and I think it's actually one of the weird ones that's often cheaper than its PCE counter part (which is named Violent Soldier but is more than just a name change).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jordan_hillman

« Reply #2907 on: June 20, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Sinistron is a US huey, and I think it's actually one of the weird ones that's often cheaper than its PCE counter part (which is named Violent Soldier but is more than just a name change).

Oops! For some reason I was thinking Salamander and not Sinistron when I typed that response.

roflmao

« Reply #2908 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
If you've seen this in another thread, I apologize, but I played through Blazing Lazers a couple of days ago in my car on the Express.  I haven't finished that game in ages and I don't know if it's ever been accomplished on an Express.

I wish I had been quicker to grab a pic so I knew what kind of score I got, but all that was running through my head at the time was "I need to get back to work!" because I'd gone a bit over my hour allotment for lunch. :/

seieienbu

« Reply #2909 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:27 PM »
Sounds like a good lunch.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93